Monday newsletters always feature top 10 travel lists to inspire.
Today (May 7, 2018): Top 10 most instagrammable luxury hotels in the world.
Admit it, when on a vacation, most of us have an eagle eye out for anything that would make a breathtakingly gorgeous Instagram shot. Instagramming while traveling has become as important as sleeping, eating and relaxing when it comes to hotels. I have an Instagram account myself and you can follow my travels here. But while my personal Instagram account has only a small audience, Instagram itself is big in the world of travel. According to research by Hotels.com, one in six travelers admit picking their next destination and hotel based on social media. Of course, some hotels are a lot more popular on Instagram than others, and some have the Instagram X-factor while other don’t. So here’s my round-up of the most Instagrammable hotels in the world, properties that will wow your friends and social media audience, whether it be because of crazy views, outrageous pools, or stunning design.
There’s more info below the slide show. Think I missed one? Share your favorite instagrammable hotel in the comments section, or take my poll below!
10. KEEMALA, PHUKET, THAILAND
Curving shapes and a highly unusual architecture are the inventive dwellings of Keemala, an all pool villa wonderland which has become an Instagram star since its opening in 2015. Shaded by an enchanted canopy of rainforest and connected together by a network of jungle walkways, the resort’s 38 villas are complete with a private pool and are designed for guests wishing to experience a rustic, yet lavish, escape. For fun seekers the resort is close enough the Kamala Beach and the liveliness of Patong Beach and all the dynamic action that Phuket has to offer, yet far enough removed to step back and take time to enjoy the tranquil surroundings of the rainforest and a plethora of holistic activities and cuisine to aid wellbeing.
- Hotel website: Keemala
- Other accolades: Keemala also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Phuket.
View this post on Instagram
Inspired by the Rung Nok (Nest) Clan who reveled in an opulent lifestyle, the 8 Bird's Nest Pool Villas offer some sea, rainforest and resort views and include an expansive bathroom with monsoon shower and a stand-alone bathtub with a view. The villa size is 185m² including pool and outdoor sun deck. #wanderlust #travel #beautifuldestinations
9. GIRAFFE MANOR, NAIROBI, KENIA
The exclusive boutique hotel Giraffe Manor is set in 12 acres of private land within 140 acres of indigenous forest in the Langata suburb of Nairobi. Its timeless elegance recalls the 1930s when European visitors first flocked to East Africa to enjoy safaris. With its stately façade, elegant interior, verdant green gardens, and delightful courtyards, guests often remark that it’s like walking into the epic movie Out of Africa. However, the most instagrammable thing about the hotel is its herd of resident Rothschild giraffe who visit morning and evening, poking their long necks into the windows in the hope of a treat, before retreating to their forest sanctuary.
- Hotel website: Giraffe Manor
- Other accolades: Giraffe Manor also features in my top 10 list of the quirkiest and most unusual hotels in the world.
View this post on Instagram
This year’s #internationaldayofhappiness theme is ‘share happiness’ & we don’t think there’s greater happiness than sharing your breakfast with giraffes! 🦒🦒🇰🇪 #giraffemanor #kenya #nairobi #happy #love #share #discoverthesafaricollection #whyilovekenya #giraffe #breakfast #wanderlust #bucketlist #safari #wildlife #natgeo
8. MARINA BAY SANDS HOTEL, SINGAPORE
This modern marvel of a hotel has gained worldwide recognition for its infinity rooftop pool. Visitors flock here just to snap a picture of the skyline at the edge of the pool 57 stories high. Designed by visionary architect Moshe Safdie, the rooftop floats atop the three soaring hotel towers at a height of 200 metres (650 feet). This gravity-defying platform is one of the largest in the world: the 1.2-hectare SkyPark stretches longer than the Eiffel Tower laid down and is large enough to park four and a half A380 Jumbo Jets. It houses a ticketed observation deck, lush gardens, top-notch restaurants and an exclusive, infinity-edge swimming pool with a legendary view. The hotel itself comprises 2,560 luxury rooms and suites, and 18 different room types.
- Hotel website: Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Other accolades: Marina Bay Sands Hotel hotel also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most beautiful hotel pools, the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops, the world’s best urban resorts, and swimming pools with the world’s most astonishing vistas.
- Review: read my review of Marina Bay Sands here.
7. HOTEL PLAZA ATHENEE, PARIS, FRANCE
Since 1913, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, part of The Dorchester Collection, has been welcoming guests delighted to stay on avenue Montaigne, the heart of haute couture. Today the hotel is still perfectly positioned for those wanting to explore the city’s designer fashion boutiques. Guests here stay in luxurious comfort overlooking either the Eiffel Tower or the charming courtyard with its signature red awnings, perfect for al fresco summer dining and in winter features its own ice rink. The rooms’ oh-so-romantic views of the Eiffel Tower have become one of the most Instagrammed hotel shots. Alain Ducasse, world-renowned multiple Michelin-starred chef, oversees all the hotel kitchens. To indulge in total serenity, Europe’s only Dior Institute is another hotel highlight, offering exclusive spa treatments in a stylish setting including a specialist manicure and pedicure area.
- Hotel website: Hotel Plaza Athenée
- Other accolades: Hotel Plaza Athenée features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Paris.
6. BURJ AL ARAB, DUBAI, UAE
The distinctive sail-shaped silhouette of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, a glittering architectural marvel in the middle of the Arabian Gulf, is more than just a stunning hotel, it is an emblem of modern Dubai, a world-famous icon, and a symbol of extreme wealth, hence making it a very popular instagram subject among its high-end and lucky clientele. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah offers oversized suite-only accommodation, with each suite composed of two floors that are connected by a marble staircase. Here, you can soothe your soul in a spa-like bathroom with Jacuzzi, mosaic floor, and full-size Hermes products.
- Hotel website: Burj Al Arab
- Other accolades: Burj Al Arab also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies, the world’s most outrageous, over-the-top hotel experiences, the world’s most expensive hotels, the world’s best hotel redemptions, and hotels with private helipads.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking Burj Al Arab via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 50 min massage for two).
5. THE SILO, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
The Silo Hotel is a magical hotel, featuring 28 lofty rooms and towering above South Africa’s Mother City. The Silo has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex occupying six floors above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA), which rivals the likes of the Tate Modern in London, MoMA in New York and Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid. One of the hotel’s most remarkable features are the pillowed glazing panels, inserted into the geometry of the hotel floors, which bulge outward as if gently inflated. By night, this transforms the building into a glowing lantern or beacon in the harbor. These windows, offering spectacular views of Table Mountain, have featured as a background in countless spectacular Instagram photos, even if the hotel is only one year open.
- Hotel website: The Silo Cape Town
- Other accolades: The Silo features in my lists of the best new luxury hotels of 2017 and the best luxury hotels in Cape Town.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking The Silo Hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 50 min massage for two).
View this post on Instagram
Harbour views from the 10th floor of The Silo Hotel in Cape Town. ___________ #capetown #lovecapetown #capetownmag #capetownetc #bathroom #luxury #travel #luxurytravel #architecture #style #design #art #reise #voyage #summer #vacation #holiday #decor #interiordesign #trplife #wonderful_places #beautifulhotels #uniquehotels #hotelsandresorts #bestvacations #honeymoon #wanderlust #bucketlist #southafrica @thesilohotel_ @theroyalportfolio
4. JADE MOUNTAIN, ST LUCIA
Speaking of the perfect Instagram hotel photo to impress your friends, you don’t even have to leave your room to take one at Jade Mountain. Individual bridges leading to exceptional suites and rugged stoned-faced columns reaching towards the sky make Jade Mountain one of the Caribbean’s most mesmerizing resort experiences. With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountain’s 29 suites (called ‘sanctuaries’) are stage-like settings from which to embrace the full glory of St Lucia’s twin peaks, the Pitons World Heritage Site, and of course, the eternal Caribbean Sea. All sanctuaries (with the exception of the 5 Sky suites) come with private in-room infinity pools that stretch out to maximize the stunning views while you’re swimming.
- Hotel website: Jade Mountain
- Other accolades: Jade Mountain also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools, and the most luxurious resorts in the Caribbean.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check in, and late check out).
- Review: read my review of Jade Mountain here.
3. AMANGIRI, USA
Overlooking starkly beautiful desert scenery and the Southwest’s iconic flat-topped mesa rock formations, Amangiri (meaning ‘peaceful mountain’) is located in the USA’s Grand Circle region. Five national parks, numerous national monuments and the Navajo Nation Reservation, the largest Native American reservation in the United States, surround the resort. Draped around a central swimming pool with spectacular view, the resort’s minimalist decor and surrounding raw landscape of immense power have enormous Instagram potential to wow your friends and inspire your followers. Amangiri’s 34 suites are situated in two elegant wings, which sweep from each side of the resort’s main pavilion. All suites offer private terraces, fireplaces, king-size beds and private courtyard entrances, with some suites having their own pool.
- Hotel website: Amangiri
- Other accolades: Amangiri also features in my top 10 lists of the best resort & hotels in the USA, world’s best wilderness resorts, the world’s best hotel room views, the world’s most beautiful hotel pools, the world’s best luxury hotels, the best luxury hotels in the USA, the world’s most luxurious desert retreats, and my favorite Aman resorts in the world.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 30 minute massage for two).
View this post on Instagram
2009 also welcomed #Aman’s second property in #NorthAmerica at the heart of the Four Corners region, where the states of #Utah, #Colorado, #NewMexico and #Arizona meet. Home for centuries to the native #Navajo people, it is now also home to #Amangiri. Meaning ‘peaceful mountain’, the resort provides guests with unprecedented access to the area’s geographic, historic and cultural marvels #Aman30 #AmanCelebrations
2. CANAVES OIA SUITES, SANTORINI, GREECE
On the northwest tip of the Greek island of Santorini, one discovers the welcoming Canaves Oia Suites hotel in the picturesque village of Oia Santorini. This breathtaking hotel is carved into the cliffside and offers its guests a majestic view of the caldera and the Aegean Sea, creating the ideal setting for a perfect Instagram shot. Canaves Oia Hotel is considered one of the finest Santorini luxury hotels and provides tastefully designed facilities and services to ensure a comfortable, fairytale like stay. Freshly renovated luxury suites offer the ultimate in modern facilities, with spacious living areas and private plunge pools. Blending spectacular vistas with over the top accommodation and impeccable service, those luxury suites in Oia, Santorini will charm even the most eclectic guests.
- Hotel website: Canaves Oia Suites
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking Canaves Oia Suites via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Canaves Oia Suites here.
1. SONEVA JANI, MALDIVES
World-famous Soneva Jani is the holy grail of luxury travel for many Instagram fashionables because it offers unrivaled photo opportunities. Located on an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll, the Maldives’ most exclusive and game-changing hotel is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded by a 5.6 km (3,4 mi) lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted Indian Ocean views. Each one of the 24 water villas has a private lap pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with most villas also featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed, stargaze, and take an Instagram selfie.
Contact me to receive a complimentary room upgrade at Soneva Jani at the time of booking.
- Hotel website: Soneva Jani
- Other accolades: Soneva Jani also features in my lists of the best luxury hotels in the Maldives, the most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives, the best new luxury hotels of 2016, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: read my review of Sonev Jani here.
*** Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Be the first to comment