Today (March 10, 2014): Top 10 most spectacular hotel rooftops in the world.
Hotel rooftops have an irresistible attraction to many travelers, and they are sometimes a reason why we choose to stay in a particular hotel. Indeed, it’s quite something to swim in a pool or have a drink with your loved one or friends while enjoying dreamy views all around you. When the weather is warm, hotels open their rooftop bars, restaurants and swimming pools to the public, so they can become playgrounds for city dwellers, jetsetters and fashionitas. To make my list of the best hotel rooftop in the world, these 10 social hot spots had to offer more than only spectacular views.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel rooftop in the comments section, or take my poll below.
The Banyan Tree Bangkok hotel has a stylish and sophisticated roof top open-air grill and bar, floating 61 floors above the Thai capital. Each evening, you can dine al fresco and delight in a succulent seafood grill and delicious steaks while enjoying breathtaking and panoramic views of the city. Be prepared to pay premium prices though!
- Rooftop website: Vertigo & Moon Bar
- Other accolades: Banyan Tree Bangkok also features in my top 10 list of restaurants with views that match the food.
- Review: read my review of Banyan Tree Bangkok here.
Le Bain is a penthouse discothèque and rooftop bar on the top floor of the trendy The Standard, High Line hotel in the Meatpacking District featuring world-famous DJs, a state-of-the-art sound system and exclamation-inspiring views. During the summer, there’s a plunge pool on the dance floor and a crêperie on the “grass”-covered rooftop.
- Rooftop website: Le Bain
- Other top 10 accolades: The Standard, High Line, also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in New York City and the best rooftop bars in New York City.
Covering the entire roof of Four Seasons Mumbai hotel, AER towers 34 storeys above the bustling Worli district and is one of few rooftop bars to be open year round. The sleek, modern decor takes its cues from the city’s superfuture skyline, on full display thanks to the knockout 360-degree views.
- Rooftop website: AER Lounge
With views that touch the clouds and include Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Saint Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern, Somerset House, Southbank, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, and the theatre district of Covent Garden, the rooftop bar on the 10th floor of the ME London hotel is the place to be seen high above the UK’s capital busy streets.
- Rooftop website: Radio Rooftop Bar
- Other accolades: ME London features in my top 10 list sof the best luxury hotels in London and the most stunning hotel rooftops in Europe.
Sands SkyPark is located on the one hectare rooftop of the iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel, soaring 57 levels above the heart of the city and mocking all other rooftops in the neighbourhood. The rooftop, with an amazing infinity pool, offers spectacular views over the Singapore skyline while guests can enjoy the finest dining, drinking and entertainment.
- Rooftop website: Sands SkyPark
- Other accolades: Marina Bay Sands Hotel hotel also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most beautiful hotel pools, the world’s best urban resorts, and swimming pools with the world’s most astonishing vistas.
- Review: read my review of Marina Bay Sands here.
Featuring stunning 360-degree views of Toronto’s skyline, Thompson Toronto’s rooftop lounge is a chic and exclusive retreat for hotel guests and lounge members. By day, you can dip in the infinity pool, and by night, you can lounge in the poolside cabanas, while enjoying creative cocktails and an upscale atmosphere at Toronto’s best rooftop bar.
- Rooftop website: Thompson Toronto Rooftop Lounge
Mandarin Oriental Barcelona‘s rooftop terrace has a stylish pool flanked by trendy loungers, from which to absorb the city views as you take a dip. Some of the landmarks visible from the terrace include Antoni Gaudí’s legendary La Sagrada Família and Casa Batlló. Terrat is exclusive to guests in the afternoon before it opens to all (6-11pm) for sundowners and snacks.
- Rooftop website: Terrat
- Other accolades: Mandarin Oriental Barcelona also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Spain, the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies, and Europe’s best hotel rooftops.
Located on the eighth floor of the Fasano hotel, the chic rooftop infinity pool offers a unparalelled view of world-famous Ipanema beach from an angle that captures Arpoador, the Morro Dois Irmãos and the Corcovado, exclusively for hotel guests. The bar menu offers a wide array of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, cocktails, and delicious al fresco dining throughout the day.
- Rooftop website: Fasano Rio De Janeiro Rooftop
There’s a lot to love about Sydney’s Park Hyatt but the jewel in this hotel’s crown is the outdoor rooftop heated swimming pool, with spa, private sun-deck and cabanas. This is one very special place to swim, with sweeping views of the Harbour, the Opera House and Dowtown Sydney. Lie back on a poolside lounge and pinch yourself because you’re not dreaming!
- Rooftop website: Park Hyatt Sydney Rooftop
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of luxury hotels loved by celebrities, the world’s best luxury hotels, and the best luxury hotels & lodges in Australia.
- Review: read my review of the Park Hyatt Sydney here.
The ultimate hotel rooftop experience must be to have one all for yourself, which is the case when you book the Redentore Terrazza Suite at the Gritti Palace. The 250 square meter, one-of-a-kind rooftop overlooking the Grand Canal, has a minipool and is equipped with sun lounges and furniturefor stylish outdoor living.
- Rooftop website: Redentore Terrazza Suite
- Other accolades: The Gritti Palace also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious hotels in Venice, the most stunning hotel rooftops in Europe, and luxury hotels made famous by Hollywood movies.
- Review: read my review of the Gritti Palace Venice here.