Today (March 10, 2014): Top 10 most spectacular hotel rooftops in the world.
Hotel rooftops have an irresistible attraction to many travelers. Indeed, it’s quite something to swim in a pool or have a drink with your loved one while enjoying spectacular views all around you. I hereby present you the top 10 of the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel rooftop in the comments section, or take my poll below.
The Banyan Tree Bangkok hotel has a stylish and sophisticated roof top open-air grill and bar. Each evening, you can dine al fresco and delight in a succulent seafood grill and delicious steaks while you enjoy the breathtaking and panoramic views of the city. Be prepared though to pay premium prices!
- Rooftop website: Vertigo & Moon Bar
- Other top 10 accolades: Vertigo Grill also features in my top 10 list of restaurants with views that match the food.
New York has plenty of rooftop bars, worth a top top 10 list on its own. Le Bain, on the top floor of the trendy The Standard, High Line hotel, offers one of the best Manhattan views from its penthouse bar/discothèque and rooftop. During the summer, there’s a plunge pool on the dance floor and a crêperie on a “grass” covered rooftop.
- Rooftop website: Le Bain
- Other top 10 accolades: The Standard, High Line, also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in New York City.
You can marvel at the panoramic city and sea views and the endless ceiling of sky and stars at Aer, Mumbai’s highest rooftop bar. Covering the entire roof of Four Seasons Mumbai hotel, this 34th-floor open-air lounge creates an atmosphere of chic relaxation high above the bustling streets of Worli.
- Rooftop website: Aer Lounge
With views that touch the clouds and include Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Saint Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern, Somerset House, Southbank, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, and the theatre district of Covent Garden, the rooftop bar at the ME London hotel raises the bar in the UK capital on the enjoyment of social life whilst having a drink in the lounge.
- Rooftop website: Radio Rooftop Bar
- Other top 10 accolades: ME London features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in London.
A fusion of elegant style, cutting-edge design and peerless standards, Ce La Vi, located on the 1 hectare rooftop of the Marina Bay Sands hotel, mocks all other rooftops in the neighbourhood. The rooftop, with an amazing infinity pool, offers spectacular views over the Singapore skyline while guests can enjoy the finest dining, drinking and entertainment.
- Rooftop website: Ce La Vi
Featuring stunning 360-degree views of Toronto’s skyline, Thompson Toronto’s rooftop lounge is a chic and exclusive retreat for hotel guests and lounge members. By day, you can dip in the infinity pool, and by night, you can lounge in the poolside cabanas, while enjoying creative cocktails and an upscale atmosphere at Toronto’s best rooftop bar.
- Rooftop website: Thompson Toronto Rooftop Lounge
Mandarin Oriental‘s rooftop terrace has a stylish pool, with trendy loungers besides it, from which to absorb the city views as you take a dip. Some of the landmarks visible from the terrace include Antoni Gaudí’s legendary La Sagrada Família and Casa Batlló. Terrat is exclusive to guests in the afternoon before it opens to all (6-11pm) for sundowners and snacks.
- Rooftop website: Terrat
- Other top 10 accolades: The Mandarin Oriental Barcelona also features in my top 10 list of the most amazing hotel lobbies in the world.
Located on the eighth floor of the Fasano hotel, the chic rooftop infinity pool offers a unparalelled view of world-famous Ipanema beach from an angle that captures Arpoador, the Morro Dois Irmãos and the Corcovado, exclusively for hotel guests. The bar menu offers a wide array of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, cocktails, and delicious al fresco dining throughout the day.
- Rooftop website: Fasano Rio De Janeiro Rooftop
There’s a lot to love about Sydney’s Park Hyat,t but the jewel in this hotel’s crown is the outdoor rooftop heated swimming pool, with spa, private sun-deck and cabanas. This is one very special place to swim, with sweeping views of the Harbour and city. Lie back on a poolside lounge and pinch yourself because you’re not dreaming!
- Rooftop website: Park Hyatt Sydney Rooftop
- Other top 10 accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of luxury hotels loved by celebrities, the world’s best luxury hotels, and the best luxury hotels & lodges in Australia.
- Review: click here to read my review of the Park Hyatt Sydney.
The ultimate hotel rooftop experience must be to have one all for yourself, which is the case when you book the Redentore Terrazza Suite at the Gritti Palace. The 250 square meter, one-of-a-kind rooftop overlooking the Grand Canal, has a minipool and is equipped with sun lounges and furniturefor stylish outdoor living.
- Rooftop website: Redentore Terrazza Suite
- Other top 10 accolades: The Gritti Palace also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious hotels in Venice and luxury hotels made famous by Hollywood movies.
- Review: click here to read my review of the Gritti Palace Venice.