Today (January 11, 2016): Top 10 swimming pools with the most breathtaking views in the world.
A swimming pool is one of the main attractions of luxury hotel, and the area where guests will spend most of their time. Indeed, what’s be better on a hot day than lazing by a pool with a good book and the occasional dip? And that is especially true with pools that not only have a fabulous, infinity-edge design but also come with jaw dropping views. Here’s my selection of the top 10 swimming pools with the most spectacular views on earth.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel pool view in the comments section, or take my poll below!
The most spectacular hotel in Singapore, the Marina Bay Sands hotel comprises three 55-storey towers, 2,560 luxury rooms and suites, and 18 different room types. Crowning the three hotel towers at 200 metres (650 feet) in the sky, the Sands SkyPark stretches longer than the Eiffel tower or four A380 Jumbo Jets when laid down. The Sands SkyPark is also home to the world’s largest public cantilever housing a public observatory deck, lush gardens, exclusive restaurants and a stunning 150-metre (500 ft) infinity-edged swimming pool to complete the luxurious experience.
- Hotel website: Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Other top 10 accolades: Marina Bay Sands Hotel hotel also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most beautiful hotel pools and the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops.
With awe-inspiring scenery and gorgeous beaches, it should come as no surprise that Hawaii is one of the world’s most beautiful islands. And the 252-room St. Regis Princeville lays claim to Hawaii’s most stunning location: a cliff overlooking Hanalei Bay with views framed by lush tropical hills, cerulean blue skies, puffs of clouds and mist, and cinematic sunsets. And it has a pool to match. Situated near the ocean and featuring a swim up bar, it overlooks beautiful Hanalei Bay with the South Pacific’s most spectacular stretch of coastline – the Napali cliffs – at the horizon.
- Hotel website: St Regis Princeville
- Other top 10 accolades: St Regis Princeville also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best luxury hotels to spot celebrities and the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: to read my review of the St Regis Princeville, click here.
Casa Angelina is a white-themed boutique hotel that emerges gleaming from the rocks on the Amalfi Coast. The latter is Europe’s most beautiful stretch of coast, where cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling seas, and where whitewashed villas cling precariously to unforgiving slopes while sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon. The hotel is located along one of the most scenic roads in the world, in the small village of Praiano. The small, sun-warmed, counter-current pool is surrounded by white loungers and parasols and comes with views to die for.
- Hotel website: Casa Angelina
- Other top 10 accolades: Casa Angelina also features in my top 10 lists of Italy’s most beautiful villages and restaurants with views that match the food.
- Review: to read my review of the Casa Angelina Hotel, click here.
The Villa Honegg is a unique 5-star superior establishment in the heart of Switzerland on mount Bürgenstock. This magnificently luxurious private mansion was built in 1905 and reopened for business in May 2011 following a major refit. For its size, it is unique in Switzerland in terms of what it offers. As a haven of peace and privacy, it enjoys an incomparable setting. The historic building houses 23 brilliantly decorated guest rooms. But it’s the hotel’s outdoor, heated pool, with whirlpool area, that will take your breath away since it offers incredible panoramic views onto a breathtaking scenery across Lake Luc.
- Hotel website: Villa Honegg
Overlooking the Ayung River and ancient Dalem Segara temple, this Balinese resort stands on the edge of a stunning valley, surrounded by lush rain forests and picturesque rice terraces. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. At the geographical epicenter and spiritual core of the hotel, is its remarkable swimming pool, without a doubt one of the most photographed pools in the world. The striking formation is suspended over the dense rainforest, giving swimmers the unique sensation of floating above the treetops.
- Hotel website: Hanging Gardens of Bali
Interior architects Alexandra Edwards and Carolina diPlano aimed to bring the outside in at the Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa. Nestled in the southernmost part of Chile, the hotel sits on a bluff where the South American pampa meets Lake Sarmiento. The 37 double rooms and 3 suites envelop guests in warmth amidst the wilderness. The indoor pool, with its jets and cascades, is on my list because of the breathtaking view over the deep-blue lake to the jaw-dropping peaks of Torres del Paine National Park, the centerpiece of Chilean Patagonia and a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Hotel website: Tierra Patagonia
- Other top 10 accolades: Tierra Patagonia also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies and the world’s most stunning indoor hotel pools.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, and $100 USD spa credit).
Out of Africa, and out of this world! Bordering the pristine wilderness of the Lower Zambezi National Park , this is award-winning safari design at its finest! Sleeping eight guests in four, huge en-suite bedrooms, Chongwe River House is inspired by the towering spires of termitariums, sprouting almost organically from the ground in a series of flowing curves and bends. You can happily to spend the day chilling on the pool deck. The chances are you will see huge male elephants wandering around the grounds or crossing the river. Impala, kudu and many other species come to the water to drink. If you sit long enough, all Africa will come to you.
- Hotel website: Chongwe River House
Located on Avenida Vieira Souto in the heart of Ipanema beach, Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro combines the glamour and sophistication of Rio’s most coveted address with the Fasano commitment to excellence. In his first hotel architecture project, Philippe Starck chose to reflect the heyday of the Bossa Nova era in the 50’s and 60‘s, when Ipanema blossomed into the city’s most charming neighborhood. Located on the 8th floor, the chic rooftop infinity pool offers a unparalleled view of world-famous Ipanema beach from an angle that captures Arpoador, the Morro Dois Irmãos and the Corcovado.
- Hotel website: Fasano Rio De Janeiro
- Other top 10 accolades: Fasano Rio De Janeiro also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most beautiful rooftop pools and the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD spa credit).
Located in the romantic setting of Imerovigli in the northwest of the Greek island, high above Santorini’s Caldera, Grace Santorini is the perfect vantage point from which to enjoy the famed Santorini island sunsets that envelop Greece’s Cyclades Islands. The exquisite infinity pool, the largest of its kind in Santorini, offers bathers heart-stopping views and the ultimate transporting experience that defines a holiday in Santorini. The pool overlooks the word-famous caldera, the underwater basin of an ancient volcano, and faces the plug of Skaros, topped with Venetian castle ruins.
- Hotel website: Grace Santorini
- Other top 10 accolades: Grace Santorini also features in my top 10 lists of the most beautiful hotel pools in the world and the world’s best honeymoon resorts.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, complimentary one-way private airport transfers, welcome amenity of bottle of champagne, fruit and chocolates, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: to read my review of Grace Santorini, click here.
Six Senses Yao Noi is my favorite resort in the Phuket area and sets the highest benchmark for island resort living in Asia. The 56 pool villa accommodations provide generous personal space and present an uncompromised lifestyle. Perched atop the resort, you will find the resort’s most stunning private villa: the Hilltop Reserve. In addition to being the resort’s most exclusive dining venue, the Hilltop Reserve has a stunning infinity pool that overlooks the striking limestone monuments that rise out of the Andaman Sea, providing an idyllic backdrop for days of tranquil indulgence.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Yao Noi
- Other top 10 accolades: Six Senses Yao Noi also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Thailand and Phuket’s best ultra luxe resorts.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room).
- Review: to read my review of Six Senses Yao Noi, click here.