Today (February 19, 2018): Top 10 most luxurious hotels in Paris.
Monumental squares, centuries-old churches, famous boulevards, romantic bridges, magnificent palaces, and Montmartre’s cobblestone streets make Paris one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The City of Light has not only inspired painters, sculptors, writers, poets and composers but also practically every major world capital, with every city claiming its own Champs-Elysèes. Cruise on the Seine or watch the world pass by from a café terrace or and it’s easy to understand why so many people fall in love with Paris. But what hotel do you need to book for a luxurious break in Paris? I hereby present you a top 10 list of my favorite luxury hotels in the French Capital.
There is more info below the slide show. Think I missed one? Share your favorite Paris hotel in the comments section, or take my poll below!
Park Hyatt’s coveted location brings the city to your doorstep, overlooking the fashionable Rue de la Paix and within walking distance of Place Vendôme and Opéra Garnier. Accepted into the prestigious Palace Hotels Group, the hotel is one of the most visually stunning luxury hotels Paris has to offer. Its striking blend of contemporary architecture and classic design was conceived by renowned designer Ed Tuttle, lending the hotel a sensual, understated elegance that extends throughout – from the lavish Parisian hotel suites to the captivating social areas and impressive meeting venues. The hotel boasts beautiful bars and some of the finest restaurants in Paris, including Le Pur’, holder of a Michelin star.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Paris Vendome
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, $100 USD food & beverage credit, and complimentary one-way private airport or train station transfers for all stays of 3 nights or above on Park Deluxe category or higher).
Le Bristol Paris – part of the Oetker Collection – is located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré at the heart of Paris’ fashion and arts district, where it has been welcoming its esteemed guests since 1925. Its 188 rooms and suites have undergone extensive refurbishment, and are spacious and bright, decorated in classic eighteenth-century style. Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie stretches over three floors and is equipped with eight treatment rooms, including two twin rooms, a gym, a hair salon and the children’s play area, ‘Les Amis d’Hippolyte’. Epicure, the hotel’s 3 Michelin star-rated gastronomic restaurant, welcomes guests in its newly decorated setting with bay windows which open out onto the magnificent French-style hotel garden.
- Hotel website: Le Britsol
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD spa credit).
Situated on rue Saint-Honoré, one of the most fashionable streets in the world, Mandarin Oriental lies in the heart of Paris. Surrounded by haute couture and only steps from the Louvre, the hotel exudes a timeless elegance with gorgeous, contemporary interiors. Beautifully designed and luxuriously appointed, the 138 rooms and 39 suites are among the most stylish and spacious in the city. Offering cutting-edge cuisine, deliciously light dishes and tantalizing cocktails in sophisticated surroundings, the Mandarin Oriental’s bar and restaurants are among the best in Paris. An oasis of Oriental wellbeing, the tranquil spa offers expert treatments, world-class therapists and restorative facilities.
- Hotel website: Mandarin Oriental Paris.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso. Full details provided after booking.
Since 1913, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, part of The Dorchester Collection, has been welcoming guests delighted to stay on avenue Montaigne, the heart of haute couture. Today the hotel is still perfectly positioned for those wanting to explore the city’s designer fashion boutiques. Guests here stay in luxurious comfort overlooking either the Eiffel Tower or the charming courtyard with its signature red awnings, perfect for al fresco summer dining and in winter features its own ice rink. Alain Ducasse, world-renowned multiple Michelin-starred chef, oversees all the hotel kitchens. To indulge in total serenity, Europe’s only Dior Institute is another hotel highlight, offering exclusive spa treatments in a stylish setting including a specialist manicure and pedicure area.
- Hotel website: Hotel Plaza Athene
There’s no shortage of luxury palace hotels in Paris but the Four Seasons Hotel George V may be the most entertaining one. Why? The grand décor of the lobby is only rivaled by the most spectacular floral displays of any hotel in Paris and probably the world. The designer, Jeff Leatham of Los Angeles, has become world famous because of them. Superbly located in the heart of Paris’ most fashionable quarter just steps from the Champs-Elysées, the hotel is housed in an eight-storey landmark built in 1928, and offers 244 luxury hotel guest rooms, an exquisite art collection and decadent fine dining with unmatched Four Seasons service. All rooms are decorated with classic French furnishings, and Parisian style and sophistication create an elegant residential ambiance. Dining options include fine dining at Restaurant Le Cinq, light snacks at Le Bar; and afternoon tea and drinks at the elegant lobby lounge, La Galerie.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Hotel George V
- Other accolades: The Four Seasons Hotel George V also features in my top 10 list of the most amazing hotel lobbies in the world.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, 85 euro spa credit, and during low season an added Virtuoso amenity to be determined by the hotel).
Just steps from the Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe, Le Royal Monceau, Raffles Paris is the epitome of Parisian vibrancy and elegance. This contemporary masterpiece designed by Philippe Starck features 149 spacious rooms and suites, a 99-seat cinema, and an exclusive private art collection. The ethereal white spa offers the ultimate urban escape for complete relaxation and indulgence. With the longest swimming pool in a Paris hotel, personal trainers, a wide range of yoga and Pilates classes, a hammam, watsu basin and exclusive treatment rooms, this award-winning spa takes rejuvenation to another level. From the modern Japanese cuisine of Matsuhisa to the celebration of Italian regional food in the Michelin-star restaurant Il Carpaccio, dining at Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris’ restaurants is a truly memorable experience. The desserts, all created by pastry superstar Pierre Hermé, are the perfect finale to any meal.
- Hotel website: Le Royal Monceau
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, 85 euro food & beverage credit, and complimentary round-trip private airport transfers for all bookings in a Lifestyle Suite and above).
The iconic Paris grande dame, where Princess Diana spent her last night, reopened in 2016 after the property was restored to its former Belle Époque glory during a 4-year renovation by acclaimed architect Thierry W. Despont. Decorated in delicate pastel hues, with exquisite woodwork, most of the 71 rooms and 71 suites have a shaded private terrace offering a view of the hotel’s magnificent French-style gardens. The names and the decor of the 15 prestige suites recall famous guests who stayed at the hotel in times past, including Marcel Proust, Coco Chanel and the Duke of Windsor. After long days spent exploring the city, guests can keep up with their exercise regimen in the indoor pool or modern gym, or indulge in the hotel spa facility. Privacy is guaranteed here, with a discreet underground tunnel providing unseen arrivals and departures from the hotel for guests who value the utmost in discretion.
- Hotel website: The Ritz Paris
- Other accolades: The Ritz Paris also features in my list of the best new luxury hotels of 2016.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP benefits when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. guaranteed upgrade at time of booking, daily breakfast, and two-way private airport transfer with VIP meet & greet at the airport on arrival).
In August 2014, Hong Kong-grade luxury moved into the City of Light with the opening of the Peninsula Paris (albeit two years behind schedule). It is the first European property of The Peninsula Hotels brand, which is widely acclaimed to be one of the most exclusive hotel brands in the world. Six years in the making, some of France’s finest artisans were hand-picked to undertake the stunning restoration of this late 19th century classic Haussmanian building and to turn it into a luxury hotel. The property is perfectly situated in the heart of Paris at 19 Avenue Kléber, just steps from the Arc de Triomphe and within walking distance of some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts. The 200 rooms and suites are designed for maximum comfort, with a good night’s rest virtually guaranteed. Each room exudes a sense of tranquility and modernity with crisp bed linens, marble bathrooms with special mood lighting and signature Peninsula technology, including complimentary high-speed wireless internet for all guests.
- Hotel website: The Peninsula Paris
- Other accolades: The Peninsula Paris also features in my lists of the best new luxury hotels of 2014 and the top 10 most amazing city hotels in Europe.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, $100 USD food & beverage credit, and complimentary soft drink mini bar, and a welcome amenity).
Built in 1896 as the home of Prince Roland Bonaparte (grand nephew of Napoleon), the Shangri-La Hotel Paris is a magnificent icon of style and elegance. Restored by the renowned architect Richard Martinet and interior designer Pierre-Yves Rochon, the hotel combines a sense of history and grandeur with sophisticated comfort and service to provide a uniquely Parisian experience. Breathtaking views of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine confirm the hotels status as one of Paris finest hotels while its central location in the 16th arrondissement ensures that the city-s most famous attraction are all within easy reach. The old-world elegance of the 101 room, lovingly adorned with the fine work of craftsmen, is mirrored in the city that lies just below. Weary eyes and feet can refresh in the hotel’s pool, the largest indoor option in Paris. Don’t forget a culinary voyage at L’Abeille, the hotel’s French gastronomic restaurant (2 stars in the Michelin Guide).
- Hotel website: Shangri-La Paris
- Other accolades: The Shangri-La Hotel Paris also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most luxurious city hotels, the world’s most stunning indoor hotel pools, and Europe’s best hotel rooftops.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, $100 USD hotel credit, early check-in and late check-out).
Originally built in 1758, Hôtel de Crillon enjoys an unrivaled position overlooking Place de la Concorde. The property reopened in 2018 as a Rosewood Hotel after undergoing an extensive four-year restoration, its past providing a rich backdrop for its modern-day story. During the hotel’s closure, master craftsmen, artisans and designers worked tirelessly to strike a deliberate and delicate balance between conservation and transformation. The hotel’s 78 rooms, 36 suites and 10 signature suites embody an expressly Parisian residential style that is equally warm and refined. Karl Lagerfeld, renowned designer and a great 18th century admirer, has decorated two exceptional suites on Place de la Concorde and together called “Les Grands Appartements”, which convey his personal vision of French chic and modernity. Hôtel de Crillon also features fine dining venues, a newly created swimming pool area, and a spa.
- Hotel website: Hôtel de Crillon, a Rosewood Hotel
- Other accolades: Hôtel De Crillon, a Rosewood Hotel, features in my list of the best new luxury hotels of 2017.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).