Today (January 25, 2016): Top 10 most amazing hotels where you can stay for FREE with points.
Almost all major hotel chains own a lucrative loyalty program where their guests earn hotel points that can be exchanged for complimentary stays (so-called award redemptions). Everybody should participate in these programs as they offer exclusive perks and can save you tons of money. I previously published an overview of the major luxury hotel loyalty programs and what they offer (with pros and cons):
- Starwood Preferred Guest by Starwood hotels, which includes St Regis, W, and The Luxury Collection hotels.
- Hyatt Gold Passport by the Hyatt group, which includes Park Hyatt and Andaz hotels.
- Hilton HHonors by the Hilton group, which includes the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels.
- Marriott Rewards by the Marriott group, which includes The Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott hotels.
- IHG Rewards Club by the IHG group, which includes InterContinental hotels.
- Sirius by the Jumeirah hotel group.
I hereby present you the 10 best ultra luxe hotels in the world where you can stay for free using your hotel points.
There is more info below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel award redemption in the comments section, or take my poll below!
Located in the stunning waterfront area of Spain’s most dynamic and stylish city, W Barcelona boasts unparalleled views of both the Mediterranean Sea and the City of Barcelona from most of its 473 fabulous guest rooms and suites. Rising like a sail from the Mediterranean’s brown sands, it is as much a work of modern art as it is a luxury brand hotel. Designed by world-renowned architect Ricardo Bofill, W Barcelona sets the scene for a spectacular stay just steps from the famous Barceloneta boardwalk.
- Hotel website: W Barcelona
- Other accolades: W Barcelona features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best hotel rooms with a spectacular view and the most amazing city hotels in Europe.
- Complimentary stay: 20,000 to 25,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points.
- Review: click here to read my review of the W Barcelona.
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort radiates luxury at every turn, inviting you to revel in a unique Hawaiian cultural experience. Perched along crescent-shaped shores, the 15-acre beachfront resort immerses its guests in the warm, welcoming spirit of Maui, with Andaz Suites that offer refreshing rain showers and a host of complimentary luxuries. It is a revamp of the previous hotel, the Renaissance, but with all the current incarnation’s urban sharpness and distinctive services, you would never know.
- Hotel website: Andaz Maui
- Other accolades: Andaz Maui features in my list of the best new luxury hotels of 2013.
- Complimentary stay: 25.000 Hyatt Gold Passport points per night.
Opened in March 2015, the JW Marriott brand’s first hotel in Italy is located on a private island, Sola Delle Rose, in the Venetian lagoon, just a 20-minute ride across the Lagoon to central St. Mark’s Square by complimentary shuttle service. The resort features 266 contemporary-styled rooms and suites designed by the architect Matteo Thun, in addition to 4 restaurants, the largest spa in Venice, a romantic Church for private events, and a rooftop lounge area with pool offering a dramatic 360° view over Venice.
- Hotel website: JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
- Other accolades: JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa features in my lists of the most anticipated hotel openings of 2015 and the top 10 best luxury hotels in Venice.
- Complimentary stay: 40,000 Marriott Rewards points per night.
- Review: click here to read my review of the JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa.
Overlooking Am Hof square (the largest and oldest square in the inner city of Vienna), the Park Hyatt Vienna enjoys a terrific location within the First District of the city, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ultraluxurious property occupies a 100-year-old listed building that formerly served as the headquarters of a bank. The hotel’s 143 spacious guestrooms, including 35 suites, rank amongst the largest in the city, brilliantly combining contemporary style with local Viennese accents.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Vienna
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Vienna features in my lists of the best new luxury hotels of 2014 and the top 10 most amazing city hotels in Europe.
- Complimentary stay: 25,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points per night.
- Review: click here to read my review of the Park Hyatt Vienna.
Opened in May 2006 as one of the 4 French Polynesian hotels managed by the Intercontinental Hotel Group, this secluded resort is located on a virgin beach on Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef along the eastern side of Bora Bora. The view of the main Island from the resort is unique, especially towards Mount Otemanu, rising majestically across the blue crystal waters of the lagoon. All of the resort’s overwater villas have a spacious shaded terrace and a large private pontoon for sunbathing.
- Hotel website: Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
- Other accolades: Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in French Polynesia.
- Complimentary stay: 60,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night.
The distinctive sail-shaped silhouette of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, a glittering architectural marvel in the middle of the Arabian Gulf, is more than just a stunning hotel, it is a symbol of modern Dubai. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah offers oversized suite-only accommodation, with each suite composed of two floors that are connected by a marble staircase. Here, you can soothe your soul in a spa-like bathroom with Jacuzzi, mosaic floor, and full-size Hermes products.
- Hotel website: Burj Al Arab
- Other accolades: Burj Al Arab also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies, the world’s most outrageous, over-the-top hotel experiences, the world’s most expensive hotels, and hotels with private helipads.
- Complimentary stay: a whooping 64,600 Jumeirah Sirius points per night.
Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, is nestled in a verdant palm oasis, deep within Dubai’s magical dune and desert landscape. The suites, reminiscent of Bedouin tents, are faced far apart, blend gently into the desert, and offer unsurpassed luxury. Beautifully furnished with a unique collection of authentic Arabian artifacts and antiquities, all suites boast private pools and offer spectacular views of the Dubai Desert Reserve and its wildlife (gazelles & Arabian oryx).
- Hotel website: Al Maha Desert Resort
- Other accolades: Al Maha Desert Resort also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with a spectacular view, the world’s most luxurious desert retreats, and the world’s most luxurious glamping sites.
- Complimentary stay: 60,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points per night (includes full board and two activities per day).
- Review: to read my review of Al Maha Desort Resort & Spa, click here.
The world’s highest hotel, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong is the city’s finest 5 star hotel, situated in the upscale West Kowloon enclave. Located throughout floors 102-118 of the International Commerce Centre, the seventh tallest building in the world and the highest in Hong Kong, all 312 guest rooms and suites boasts unrivaled views of Victoria Harbour and the glimmering skyline of Hong Kong Island. Inside, soaring architectural elements encrusted with custom glass artwork echo the signature glamour of the city below.
- Hotel website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Other accolades: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong also features in my top 10 list of the world’s highest hotels, the best luxury hotels in China, the best luxury hotels in Hong Kong, and hotel rooms with a spectacular view.
- Complimentary stay: 70,000 Marriott Rewards points per night
- Review: to read my review of The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, click here.
The St Regis Mauritius is a tremendously impressive resort, located in the southwestern side of the Indian Ocean island. Nestled at the foot of the majestic World Heritage site of Le Morne mountain, the resort sits at the edge of a deep blue lagoon with open ocean views. The beach (the finest on the island), its turquoise lagoon (with gorgeous sunset views) and the backdrop of Le Morne mountain create a magical setting, where 172 lavishly appointed accommodations and pampering converge amid the many charms of Mauritius.
- Hotel website: St Regis Mauritius
- Other accolades: St Regis Mauritius features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in Mauritius and the best hotel spas in the world.
- Complimentary stay: 20,000 to 25,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points.
- Review: to read my review of The St Regis Mauritius, click here.
Situated on a private island just north of the Equator in one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world, North Huvadhoo, Park Hyatt is a strikingly modern design resort. Featuring only 50 villas, on land and over water, these impressive spaces are designed with the utmost comfort and luxury in mind, whether nestled within the island’s tropical foliage, only steps from the ocean, or elevated above the water. All villas feature a minimalist style, floor-to-ceiling windows and every comfort you would expect.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Maldives Hada
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in the Maldives and the world’s most remote luxury hotels.
- Complimentary stay: 25,000 World of Hyatt points per night.