Today: Top 10 most spectacular rooftop pools in the world
One thing that can make a hotel stand out among its competitors is a spectacular rooftop swimming pool. Indeed, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of taking a dip in a glamorous rooftop pool with breathtaking views all around you. From Sydney and Dubai to Barcelona and Singapore, here’s my selection of the 10 most fabulous hotel rooftop pools in the world. Dive in!
There is more information (with review & YouTube videos) below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Leave a comment.
Ideally located near all the city’s major attractions, Mandarin Oriental Barcelona offers an atmospheric setting on Passeig de Gràcia. With contemporary interiors by designer Patricia Urquiola, the 120 rooms and suites are among the most luxurious in the city. The property’s rooftop terrace has a stylish pool, from which you can absorb the city views as you take a dip. Some of the landmarks visible from the terrace include Antoni Gaudí’s legendary La Sagrada Família and Casa Batlló.
- Hotel website: Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
- Other accolades: The Mandarin Oriental Barcelona also features in my top 10 lists of the most amazing hotel lobbies in the world and the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and a tapas assortment including drinks for two at Banker’s Bar, once during stay).
Located in the well-heeled residential area of Jardins in São Paulo, Hotel Unique is a must for savvy architecture fans and well-traveled urbanites alike. Upstairs, São Paulo’s best rooftop terrace offers spectacular views of South America’s largest metropolis; that is, if you can take your eyes off the fabulous swimming pool that runs along its edge.
- Hotel website: Hotel Unique Sao Paulo
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, one welcome drink at Skye Bar, and $100 USD food credit).
Seated majestically on one of the world’s most beautiful harbors, Park Hyatt Sydney perfectly personifies contemporary harborside luxury with its coveted location between the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge. The hotel’s highlight is the heated outdoor rooftop pool, with spa, private sun-deck and cabanas. This is one very special place to swim, with sweeping views of the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the city’s iconic skyline.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Sydney
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of luxury hotels loved by celebrities, the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops, the world’s best luxury hotels, and the best luxury hotels & lodges in Australia.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one way airport transfer in BMW 7 Series; suite bookings will also include return airport transfers in addition to $150 AUD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Sydney here.
Against a panoramic backdrop of the snow-capped Andes and marvelous sunsets, the W offers an urban retreat and sweet escape from the bustle of Santiago’s glitzy skyscrapers, vibrant cobblestone streets, pulsating nightlife and booming financial center. After a day of sightseeing, the heated rooftop pool and bar with expansive views will have you dizzy with excitement.
- Hotel website: W Santiago
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
A fusion of elegant style, cutting-edge design and peerless standards, Ce La Vi, located on the 1 hectare rooftop of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, mocks all other rooftops in the neighborhood. The rooftop, with an amazing infinity pool, offers spectacular views over the Singapore skyline while guests can enjoy the finest dining, drinking and entertainment.
- Hotel website: Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Other accolades:Marina Bay Sands also features in my top 10 lists of the most Instagrammable hotels in the world, the world’s most amazing hotel pools, the world’s best urban resorts, the world’s best hotel rooftops, and the best hotels in Singapore.
- Review: read my review of Marina Bay Sands here.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is a waterfront sanctuary, located right beside the East River and 5 blocks west of the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade. Set in a 10-story building, the hotel features 194 guest rooms and suites, communal spaces for working or relaxing, a 50-person screening room, and a spectacular rooftop pool with fabulous views of Downtown Manhattan and the majestic Brooklyn Bridge.
- Hotel website: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- Other accolades: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in New York City and the best hotel views in the world.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Classic Travel (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge here.
With the picturesque cobbled piazzas of Positano and two blissful beaches just steps away, Hotel Villa Franca is romantic Italy at its most ravishing. The stylish retreat offers the chance to check out from reality and absorb the glamour and gorgeousness of the ever-enchanting Amalfi Coast. The pool located on the rooftop boasts 360° views of the sparkling blue sea and multicolored pastel houses.
- Hotel website: Villa Franca
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Classic Travel (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and 30 Euros credit).
The Silo Hotel is a magical hotel towering above the V&A Waterfront surrounded by the natural wonder of South Africa’s Mother City. The hotel has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex occupying six floors above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA). The hotel’s rooftop pool offers spectacular panoramic views of Cape Town.
- Hotel website: The Silo Cape Town
- Other top 10 accolades: The Silo features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most romantic hotels, the world’s most romantic hotel bathrooms, and the best hotels in Cape Town.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD hotel credit).
Located on the eighth floor of the famous and trendy Fasano Rio de Janeiro Hotel, this chic rooftop infinity pool offers an incredible panoramic view of Ipanema beach from an angle that captures Arpoador, the Morro Dois Irmãos and the Corcovado, exclusively for hotel guests. The bar menu offers a wide array of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, cocktails, and delicious al fresco dining throughout the day.
- Hotel website: Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- Other accolades: Fasano Rio de Janeiro also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in Rio de Janeiro.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and a 50-min massage per person for up to two guests per room once during stay).
The Address Beach Resort provides a family-friendly beachfront views with luxurious accommodations in Dubai. Located on the 77th floor of the hotel is the world’s tallest infinity pool, facing Dubai’s iconic Ain Dubai and Jumeirah Beach. Mimicking a massive lake in the sky, the pool rises 294 m (964 ft) above the skyline and is 1.2 m (4 ft) deep at its deepest point.
- Hotel website: Address Beach Resort Dubai