Today (September 23, 2019): Top 10 most amazing hotel bathrooms in the world.
Hotel bathrooms have come a long way from being merely functional. According to a recent survey, the average traveler spends more time per year in the bathroom than on vacation, so it seems logical that some hotels have come up with luxurious ways to cater to very basic needs of their high-demanding clientele. Here’s my top 10 list of the most extraordinary hotel bathrooms in the world.
There is more information (with Youtube clips and reviews) below the slide show. Think I missed one? Leave a comment, or take my poll below.
The Silo Hotel is a magical space towering above Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront and surrounded by the natural wonder of South Africa’s Mother City. The hotel has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex occupying six floors above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa. The property has 28 lofty rooms, including a spectacular one bedroom penthouse. All rooms have pillowed glass windows that offer a spectacular view during the dat and a lantern-like effect at night. The gorgeous bathrooms are equipped with Victorian-style units, produced locally from colored glass and chrome.
- Hotel website: The Silo Cape Town
- Other accolades: The Silo features in my lists of the best new luxury hotels of 2017 and the best hotels in Cape Town.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and a complimentary 50 min massage for two).
You can feel Hong Kong’s vibe reverberate through you as you journey from the Ritz Carlton Hotel’s ground floor entrance all the way to lobby on the 103rd floor. Seated atop the majestic International Commerce Centre (ICC), the seventh tallest building in the world and the highest in Hong Kong, this stunning luxury hotel boasts incomparable views of Victoria Harbor and the glimmering skyline of neighboring Hong Kong Island. Inside, soaring architectural elements encrusted with custom glass artwork echo the signature glamour of the city below. All 312 guest rooms have incredibly chic and plush marble bathrooms, some of them with mind-blowing panoramic vistas.
- Hotel website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, China
- Other accolades: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s highest hotels, the best luxury hotels in China, the best luxury hotels in Hong Kong, and hotel rooms with a spectacular view.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food credit).
- Review: read my review of The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong here.
With only 39 suites and 3 acres of property along the river, guests at The Siam are able to experience a resort atmosphere and a level of exclusivity that is not available at Bangkok’s larger luxury properties. The suites at the Siam hotel are amongst the largest in city, all outfitted with plush furnishings, super-sized king beds and lofty ceilings. Each room has been individually designed with original turn of the century oriental artwork and antiques. The chic monochrome bathrooms in the immense suites are an Art Deco delight, with cavernous tubs, glittering metallic sinks set atop marble counters and soft, draping fabrics.
- Hotel website: The Siam Hotel
- Other accolades: The Siam Hotel Bangkok also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best city hotels, the best hotels in Bangkok, and the world’s best urban resorts.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, welcome gift, daily breakfast, $100 USD food & beverage credit, early check in and late check out).
Southern Ocean Lodge offers a unique and exclusive travel experience on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Floating atop a secluded cliff on a rugged stretch of coast, the lodge commands peerless views of the wild Southern Ocean and pristine surrounding wilderness. Here, guests come face-to-face with sea lions, kangaroos, and koalas at South Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island, called “Australia’s Galapagos” for its abundant wildlife. The lodge’s 21 eco-chic luxury suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows, sandblasted limestone floors, furnished outdoor terraces, and spectacular bathrooms with sunken lounges that are perfect for relaxing and soaking in the views.
- Hotel website: Southern Ocean Lodge
- Other top 10 accolades: Southern Ocean Lodge also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most luxurious wilderness lodges, the best luxury hotels & lodges in Australia and the world’s most expensive hotels.
Located on an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll, the Maldives’ most exclusive resort is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded by a 5.6 km (3,4 mi) lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted Indian Ocean views. Each one of the 24 water villas has a private lap pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with some villas featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed and stargaze. The spectacular bathrooms feature their own private Indian Ocean plunge pool.
Contact me to get complimentary Soneva ambassador benefits at Soneva Jani (e.g. upgrade, resort credit, and a personalized Soneva experience).
- Hotel website: Soneva Jani
- Other accolades: Soneva Jani also features in my lists of the best hotels in the Maldives, most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives, the best new luxury hotels of 2016, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: read my review of Soneva Jani here.
Occupying the top six floors of the Otemachi Tower, Aman Tokyo is an urban sanctuary high above the atmospheric whirl of tradition and modernity that epitomizes Tokyo. The hotel draws its design inspiration from traditional Japanese residential structures, with classic Japanese materials such as timber, Washi paper and stone blended to great effect with modern technology and luxurious fabrics. The 84 rooms and suites enjoy magnificent city views and every contemporary convenience. Each bathroom is equipped with a large ‘furo’, a deep soaking tub intrinsic to the Japanese ritual of bathing.
- Hotel website: Aman Tokyo
- Other accolades: Aman Tokyo also features in my top 10 lists of the best Aman hotels in the world, the most amazing hotel lobbies in the world, the most fabulous luxury hotels in Japan, the best luxury hotels in Tokyo, and my favorite luxury hotels in the world.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Aman Tokyo here.
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay sits on a dramatic bay that gives the feeling of an island, with impressive rock formations overlooking the East Vietnam Sea. The white sand beach and towering mountains add to the sense of being intimately at one with nature. The 58 pool villas feature traditional Vietnamese architecture (think gleaming teak wood) and are built on a lush jungle-covered hill overlooking the white-sand beaches of the resort’s own secluded bay, which can only be accessed by boat. All hotel villas feature plunge pools and come with gorgeous en-suite bathroom, with separate vanity areas, a hand-crafted wooden bath tub, and majestic views of the East Vietnam Sea.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Ninh Van Bay
- Other accolades: Six Senses Ninh Van Bay also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Vietnam and the best beach resorts in Asia.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and a complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room).
- Review: read my review of Six Senses Ninh Van Bay here.
Singita Boulders Lodge is set along the banks of the Sand River in Singita’s privately owned reserve within the Sabi Sand Reserve, adjacent to the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Spanning more than 45,000 acres, Singita Sabi Sand is renowned for high concentrations of big game and frequent leopard sightings. The lodge has 10 one-bedroom suites and 2 two-bedroom family suites, all with private pool, and is a celebration of the tranquillity, space, and light which flows throughout this incredibly vast area. Guests can bathe in the gorgeous open-air classic bathtub as elephants and giraffes amble by.
- Hotel website: Singita Boulders Lodge
- Other accolades: Singita Boulders Lodge also features in my top 10 list of Africa’s most luxurious safari lodges.
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is surrounded by sand-fringed islets on an outer coral reef that enclose a turquoise lagoon with majestic views of Mount Otemanu. Towering above this South Pacific coral island’s vast blue lagoon, its green volcanic cone is the vista from the deck of the over-the-water lodgings. With 121 thatch-roofed villas, the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora revels in its breathtakingly beautiful setting. The villas high-ceilinged living room features teak furniture and Polynesian artwork, but the reals stars are the marble bathroom with a lagoon-view glass panel set in the floor.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Bora Bora
- Other accolades: Four Seasons Bora Bora also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with a spectacular view, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, and the best luxury resorts in French Polynesia.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
IMHO, Areias Do Seixo is one of Europe’s most original boutique hotels. It’s the apotheosis of eco chic, a place to pause and savor every moment, cradled by sea, dunes, and pine trees and washed by natural marine light. The property is located about an hour north of Lisbon, close to the Atlantic Ocean shore. The 14 uniquely designed rooms blend in designs of India and Morocco with modern minimalism to create beautiful color schemes. The hotel’s bathroom decors are brilliant, with Jacuzzi bath tubs and an invigorating showers. Each night, the hotel staff lit tens of candles in the designer bathrooms, creating a very romantic and pleasant atmosphere. Wow!
- Hotel website: Areias Do Seixo
- Other accolades: Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel also features in my top list of the world’s most spectacular cliffside hotels.
- Review: read my review of Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel here.