Monday newsletters always feature top 10 travel lists to inspire.
Today (November 2, 2020): Top 10 most spectacular hotel views in the world
With parts of the world going in lockdown again, dreaming of far-flung destinations can prove incredibly calming and soothing. These days, the most made comment on my popular YouTube channel – where I continue to publish one travel clip per week during the pandemic – is that my videos offer virtual holidays and ease of mind in these challenging times of non-travel. Let’s not forget that the world is still full of phenomenal destinations and amazing hotels waiting for travelers to come back once the pandemic eases. Over the years, while traveling the world, one of things I learned is that what truly sets a hotel apart is its view. Indeed, instead of seeing the sights and then heading back to a hotel, why not see the sights from the hotel (room) itself? From views of snow-capped mountains to sweeping vistas of the glittering blue ocean, here’s my list of the 10 hotels with the most spectacular views in the world.
There is more information (with reviews & YouTube clips) below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Leave a comment or take my poll below.
*** Follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter or Facebook for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
10. SIX SENSES PUNAKHA, BHUTAN
Six Senses manages five individual lodges in five separate valleys in the colorful Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan, which are all operated under the umbrella of one all-encompassing name: Six Senses Bhutan. Each location has been thoughtfully designed to fully immerse travelers into the local culture. Perched on a steep mountainside, the Six Senses outpost in Punakha enjoys a gorgeous location with spectacular views of the Himalayas. The lodge identifies itself as a ‘flying farmhouse’ amidst the rice fields that unfurl down into Punakha Valley below. From sunrise meditations and holistic spa treatments to private astrology readings, butter lamp lighting ceremonies and incredible hikes and treks through pristine forests, the aim is to leave enriched and reconnected.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Bhutan, Punakha Lodge
- Other accolades: Six Senses Bhutan features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in Bhutan.
- Review: read my review of Six Senses Punakha here.
9. 1 HOTEL BROOKLYN BRIDGE, NEW YORK, USA
This eco-luxury hotel’s 194 guest rooms and suites offers views of the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Manhattan skyline. Built from the ground up according to LEED standards, the hotel was designed using 54 percent regional and reclaimed materials, including original heart-pine beams from Brooklyn’s old Domino Sugar Factory, walnut from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and pine flooring from the Old Crow Distillery in Kentucky. Rooms and common areas are decorated with environment-focused artwork, including the 25-ft (7 m) green wall in the lobby, a sculpture made with materials salvaged after a tornado upstate, and, in corner suites, a watermark painted by local artist Olivié Ponce in honor of the flooding in the neighborhood during Hurricane Sandy.
- Hotel website: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Classic Travel (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, and daily breakfast for two).
- Review: read my review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge here.
8. JADE MOUNTAIN, ST LUCIA
From its inception, Jade Mountain has been hailed as one of the Caribbean’s most unique resort experiences. Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy has expanded upon his philosophy of building in harmony with Caribbean nature in his creation of Jade Mountain. The property rises majestically above the private estate of Anse Chastenet, bordering two soft, sand beaches with pristine coral reefs just off shore. Individual bridges lead to exceptional infinity pool suites and rugged stoned-faced columns reaching towards the sky. With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountain’s 29 suites (called “sanctuaries”) are stage-like settings from which to embrace the extra-ordinary views of St Lucia’s twin peaks, the Pitons World Heritage Site, and of course, the eternal Caribbean Sea.
- Hotel website: Jade Mountain
- Other accolades: Jade Mountain also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools, and the best luxury resorts in the Caribbean.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check in, late check out, and $100 USD spa credit).
- Review: read my review of Jade Mountain here.
7. FOUR SEASONS BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA
Wrapped by majestic views, Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is surrounded by sand-fringed islets on an outer coral reef that enclose a turquoise lagoon. The resort offers 121 spacious hideaways with 100 over-water bungalows and 7 beachfront villas, all overlooking the lagoon’s crystal clear waters and some with spectacular views of Mount Otemanu. Inspired by local architecture, all guest accommodations offer a restful, airy ambience; complete with traditional teak wood furnishings, high ceilings and thatched roofs made from pandanus leaves. Special touches that accentuate the exotic feel of Polynesia include striking works of art, private pools and sliding doors by deep bathtubs for panoramic fresh-air views of the mesmerizing lagoon.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Bora Bora
- Other accolades: Four Seasons Bora Bora also features in my top 10 lists of hotels rooms with a spectacular view, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, the most spectacular hotel bathrooms in the world, the best hotels in the South Pacific, and the most luxurious resorts in French Polynesia.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks at Four Seasons Bora Bora when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
6. ALILA JABAL AKHDAR, OMAN
Jabal Akhdar, meaning “The Green Mountain” in Arabic, is part of the Al Hajar mountains range, one of Oman’s most spectacular areas. Set 2000 m (6560 ft) above sea level, Alila Jabal Akhdar provides access to this magnificent landscape of untouched beauty. Overlooking a dramatic gorge and with views of the Hajar mountains, the hotel is perfectly positioned to explore the region’s renowned rugged landscapes, a heaven for adventure travelers, nature lovers and those seeking an escape from the desert heat. The resort’s 78 beautifully appointed suites and villas are located within the main hotel building or arranged in individual clusters of four to six suites, generously spaced out around the clifftop to maximize privacy and uninterrupted views over the mountains and down into the gorges.
- Hotel website: Alila Jabal Akhdar
- Other accolades: Alila Jabal Akhdar also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Oman.
- Review: read my review of Alila Jabal Akhdar here.
5. GRACE SANTORINI, GREECE
Grace Santorini is an exclusive boutique hotel in Santorini, perched 363 m (1190 ft) above Santorini’s world-famous caldera, offering breathtaking views. Crisp, minimalist and simply marvelous, the hotel skips the ornamentation for vast swatches of pristine white and sea views that stretch to infinity. The 21 innovatively refurbished rooms and suites – some with private plunge pools – showcase a contemporary style, combining cutting edge, bespoke design alongside traditional handcrafted pieces. Luxurious bathrooms offer double vanity units with marble carved basins and spacious rain showers with mosaic feature walls. Boasting heart-stopping panoramic views, the hotel’s main pool is one of the most photographed swimming pools in the world.
- Hotel website: Grace Santorini
- Other accolades: Grace Santorini features in my top 10 lists of the most beautiful hotel pools in the world, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, the world’s best hotel breakfasts, the best hotels in Santorini, and swimming pools with stunning views.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, one-way private airport transfers, and one private yoga class for up to two people).
- Review: read my review of Grace Santorini here.
4. THE RITZ-CARLTON HONG KONG
Being the highest hotel in the world, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong is strategically situated on West Kowloon waterfront, a prestigious address with luxury residential development, modern financial and retail space. Occupying floors 102 to 118 of the International Commerce Center (ICC), the property offers magnificent and unrivaled views of Victoria Harbor and the glimmering skyline of Hong Kong Island. Inside, soaring architectural elements encrusted with custom glass artwork echo the signature glamour of the city below, transporting guests to a place of tranquility and beauty. Here, guests have both high-energy city life and sought-after serenity at their disposal, with 312 luxurious guest rooms, a rooftop lounge and pool, Michelin-starred restaurants, and event spaces.
- Hotel website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Other accolades: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong also features in my top 10 list of the world’s highest hotels, the best luxury hotels in China, and the best hotels in Hong Kong.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: read my review of The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong here.
3. BELMOND GRAND HOTEL TIMEO, SICILY, ITALY
At the heart of Taormina’s mystique lies Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, an elegant, classical villa built into the craggy cliffs next to the Greek Theatre, with stupendous views that have been charming and inspiring guests since 1873. The property offers 71 suites and bedrooms split between the main building and the adjacent Villa Flora. Most come with that amazing view – over the clustered terracotta rooftops of medieval Taormina, past the coves and headlands of the rugged coastline, and across to Mount Etna’s violet slopes and puffing peak. Guests can also take a short complimentary shuttle trip, or thrilling funicular ride, down the hill to sister hotel Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea, a 19th-century former private residence that comes with a private beach.
- Hotel website: Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
- Other accolades: Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Italy.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, $100 USD food & beverage credit, early check-in, late check-out, and daily breakfast for 2).
- Review: read my review of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo here.
2. &BEYOND SOSSUSVLEI DESERT LODGE, NAMIBIA
Nestled deep in the heart of Namibia’s ancient Namib Desert, the lodge – which was recently completely rebuilt – is a secluded and serene oasis that overlooks awe-inspiring dunes and stony outcrops. A world of vast spaces, endless horizons and rugged mountain heights, the utter tranquility and extraordinary clarity of light make this area one of Africa’s most compelling landscapes. In this spectacularly beautiful location, spacious suites envelope guests in pure indulgence, complete with outdoor showers, private plunge pools, and dramatic skylights over the bed for late night star-gazing. If you’re up for something more active, quad biking adventures, hikes and walks will let you explore the surrounding scenery and satisfy your sense of adventure.
- Hotel website: &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
- Other accolades: &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge also features in my top 10 list of the world’s most luxurious desert hotels.
1. EXPLORA PATAGONIA, CHILE
Explora Patagonia is located on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall at the center of the Torres del Paine National Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. It affords phenomenal views of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name. The lodge’s design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. The 43 rooms and suites all have breathtaking views of the Paine Massif and horns. The hotel also features a heated & covered pool, a sauna, and four open-air Jacuzzis with spectacular views. Room rates include accommodation, transfers from and to the airport, meals and beverages, and a menu of more than 40 exploration routes designed by the lodge’s outdoors team.
- Hotel website: Explora Patagonia
- Other accolades: Explora Patagonia also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views and the world’s best wilderness lodges.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
*** Follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter or Facebook for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Hi dear The Great Expert !
Hi dear Fans !
This is a unique and carefully selected guide for the most exotic travel !
These are essentially 10 pearls that we should see and make our life fuller , richer and happier ! Dear The Great Expert !
Thank You for this unique collection the best hotels for future travels and helpful recommendations !
Watching Your videos and reviews , there is always a sincere desire to thank You and tell You :
In Your soul there is a wonderful righteous !
God bless You !
Sincerely Yours ,
Nice list! Some similarities with our list (but we have 30) – we have separated by type (like ocean, mountain, jungle etc).
I missed out on Santorini, couldn’t really figure out where to place it. Grand Hotel Timeo is a great one too, really good call – should have put that in there. We also have a separate one for city hotels.
I’ve never been able to bring myself to spurge on an expensive hotel room, but boy, what I would give to be in hut in Bora Bora right now!
Absolutely beautiful views. Santorini is on my bucket list of places to visit in my life.
Hi, Thanks for sharing Top 10 best hotel in this world article, i read your content, it’s very helpful, please share more content,
With my 35th wedding anniversary coming up, this is exactly what I was looking for!