Today (July 6, 2015): Top 10 best luxury hotels in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong, dubbed the “Pearl of the Orient” is one of the world’s most beautiful cities. The towering skyscrapers and futuristic buildings that are set against the lush mountain backdrop create a spectacular skyline that is unmatched in the world. Hong Kong is also known for its vibrant lifestyle, friendly people, splendid harbor, loads of shopping and wide range of restaurants and cuisines. I hereby present you my selection of Hong Kong’s top 10 most luxurious resorts, so you know where to stay when you visit this iconic city.
There is more information below the slide show. Think I missed one? Share your favorite Hong Kong in the comments section, or take my poll below!
The Langham, Hong Kong holds court in the prime shopping district of Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. The 498 lavish rooms and suites showcase fine craftsmanship, modern conveniences, and views that look out onto vibrant Tsimshatsui. In a city of Michelin stars, The Langham, Hong Kong holds its own, and guests can savour authentic Cantonese masterpieces at three Michelin- starred T’ang Court. The rooftop is dedicated to a wellness sanctuary featuring stylish treatment rooms with saunas and showers, a palatial outdoor swimming pool and a split-level health club.
- Hotel website: The Langham Hong Kong
Recognised as one of the world’s top hotels, the InterContinental Hong Kong hotel is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of the island. Ideally located near Kowloon’s business, entertainment and shopping districts, the hotel boasts one of Asia’s most spectacular Presidential Suite and over 500 luxuriously appointed rooms, each with spacious bathrooms. Internationally acclaimed, award-winning restaurants pay testament to this Hong Kong hotel’s impeccable credentials.
- Hotel website: Intercontinental Hong Kong
Where glamorous trends meet colonial style, W Hong Kong amplifies the city’s vibrancy, with the Airport Express just below. Here, you can immerse yourself in the artistic ambience of West Kowloon Culture Centre, the up-and-coming cultural hub next door. With gorgeous views from all 393 rooms and suites, you can sightsee from your own signature W bed or check out the hotel’s fabulous entertainment. The spectacular rooftop pool is the place to see and be seen.
- Hotel website: W Hong Kong
Overlooking orchid-scented Kowloon Park, The Mira Hong Kong – a Design Hotel – is located in the heart of Tsimshatsui. From its award-winning 21st century spa to the mirrored walls of its crisp contemporary bedrooms, The Mira Hong Kong has been designed as a sanctuary for inner-city reflection. The curving white fins of the lobby’s vaulted ceiling create a sphere of open space, while jade-green stalks of bamboo add soothing natural textures to the private cabanas at Vibes bar.
- Hotel website: The Mira
The Island Shangri-La is a luxurious, 56 story urban sanctuary overlooking the city’s most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses. In the atrium, a 140-year-old Banyan Tree and the “Great Motherland of China” a 16-storey landscape silk painting deemed the largest in the world – will holds your gaze. Exquisitely appointed with Asian-accented European furnishings, all 565 rooms and suites command magnificent views of the city, the Peak or Victoria Harbour.
- Hotel website: The Island Shangri-La
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and complimentary one-way private airport transfer; for Executive Suite bookings: roundtrip airport transfer with the hotel limousine and a silk scarf).
Located above Pacific Place, the Upper House was designed by celebrated Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. Warm, friendly and informal, it’s more home than hotel. Far above the hustle and bustle, the 117 guest rooms – including 21 suites and two penthouses – are quiet, relaxing urban retreats. All benefit from abundant natural light and offer wonderful views of Hong Kong’s Victoria’s harbour or the Peak. Don’t forget to dine here in Café Gray Deluxe, the signature restaurant of Hong Kong chef Gray Kunz.
- Hotel website: The Upper House
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
Created in 1928, and Hong Kong’s oldest hotel, the legendary “Grande Dame of the Far East” continues to set hotel standards worldwide, offering a blend of the best Eastern and Western hospitality in an atmosphere of unmatched classical grandeur and timeless elegance. A stay at the hotel allows you to re-live the glamour of travel of a by-gone era and explore the many antiques and historical artifacts on display around the hotel. The hotel is famous for its fleet of 14 Rolls-Royce Phantom Extended Wheelbase vehicles.
- Hotel website: The Peninsula Hong Kong
- Other top 10 accolades: The Hong Kong Peninsula also features in my top 10 lists of luxury hotels with private helipads and airports and restaurants with views that match the food.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
Housed in the city’s landmark International Finance Centre, in the heart of the Central District, the Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is a refuge of timeless luxury. You can choose between 399 guest rooms – including 54 luxury suites – that feature state-of-the-art technology and wall-to-wall windows with captivating vistas of the city, Victoria Harbour, Kowloon and the Peak. With two restaurants that have received Michelin stars, the Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong puts the best in Hong Kong dining under one roof.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Hong Kong
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, and $100 USD food credit).
Famed for its cutting-edge décor, peaceful ambience and impeccable service, the Landmark Mandarin Oriental offers its guests a highly exclusive experience that exudes style and serenity. With a prime location in Central, the hotel is only minutes away from the city’s best-loved shops and restaurants. The 113 exquisite guest rooms and suites are among the largest in Hong Kong, and all come with a striking contemporary décor. The award-winning spa is widely regarded as one of the best in Asia.
- Hotel website: The Landmark Mandarin Oriental
The world’s highest hotel, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong situated in the upscale West Kowloon enclave, is also the finest 5 star hotel in the Hong Kong area. Located throughout floors 102-118 of the International Commerce Centre (ICC), the seventh tallest building in the world and the highest in Hong Kong, all 312 guest rooms and suites boasts unrivaled views of Victoria Harbour and the glimmering skyline of Hong Kong Island. Inside, soaring architectural elements encrusted with custom glass artwork echo the signature glamour of the city below.
- Hotel website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Other top 10 accolades: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong also features in my top 10 list of the world’s highest hotels, the best luxury hotels in China, and hotel rooms with a spectacular view.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food credit).
- Review: to read my review of The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, click here.