Today: Top 10 most spectacular hotel rooftops in the world
Hotel rooftops have an irresistible attraction to many travelers, and they are sometimes a reason why we choose to stay in a particular hotel. Indeed, it’s quite something to swim in a pool or have a drink with your loved one or friends while enjoying dreamy views all around you. When the weather is warm, hotels open their rooftop bars, restaurants and swimming pools to the public, so they can become playgrounds for city dwellers, jetsetters and fashionitas. To make my list of the best hotel rooftop in the world, these 10 social hot spots had to offer more than only spectacular views.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel rooftop in the comments section.
The Banyan Tree Bangkok hotel has a stylish and sophisticated roof top open-air grill and bar, floating 61 floors above the Thai capital. Each evening, you can dine al fresco and delight in a succulent seafood grill and delicious steaks while enjoying breathtaking and panoramic views of the city. Be prepared to pay premium prices though!
- Hotel website: Banyan Tree Bangkok
- Other accolades: Banyan Tree Bangkok also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Bangkok and restaurants with views that match the food.
- Review: read my review of Banyan Tree Bangkok here.
Featuring world-famous DJs, a state-of-the-art sound system and exclamation-inspiring views, Le Bain is a penthouse discothèque and rooftop bar on the top floor of the trendy The Standard, High Line hotel in New York City’s Meatpacking District. During the summer, there’s a plunge pool on the dance floor and a crêperie on the grass-covered rooftop.
- Htel website: The Standard, High Line
- Other top 10 accolades: The Standard, High Line, also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in New York City and the best rooftop bars in New York City.
Covering the entire roof of Four Seasons Mumbai Hotel, the chic Aer Lounge towers 34 storeys above the bustling Worli district and is one of few rooftop bars to be open year round. The sleek, modern decor takes its cues from the city’s futuristic skyline, on full display thanks to the knockout 360-degree views.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Mumbai Hotel
With views that touch the clouds and include Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Saint Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern, Somerset House, Southbank, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, and the theatre district of Covent Garden, the rooftop bar on the 10th floor of the ME London hotel is the place to be seen high above the UK’s capital busy streets.
- Hotel website: ME London
- Other accolades: ME London features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in London and the most stunning hotel rooftops in Europe.
Sands SkyPark is located on the one hectare rooftop of the iconic Marina Bay Sands Hotel, soaring 57 levels above the heart of the city and mocking all other rooftops in the neighbourhood. The rooftop, complete with an amazing infinity pool, offers spectacular views over the Singapore skyline while guests can enjoy the finest dining, drinking and entertainment.
- Hotel website: Marina Bay Sands
- Other accolades: Marina Bay Sands Hotel also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Singapore, the world’s most beautiful hotel pools, the world’s best urban resorts, and swimming pools with the world’s most astonishing vistas.
- Review: read my review of Marina Bay Sands here.
There’s a lot to love about Sydney’s Park Hyatt but the jewel in this hotel’s crown is the tranquil outdoor rooftop with heated swimming pool, spa, private sun-deck and cabanas. This is one very special place to swim, with sweeping views of the Harbour, the Opera House and dowtown Sydney. Lie back on a poolside lounge and pinch yourself because you’re not dreaming!
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Sydney
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of luxury hotels loved by celebrities, the world’s best luxury hotels, and the best luxury hotels in Australia.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking this hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Sydney here.
Mandarin Oriental Barcelona’s rooftop terrace has a stylish pool flanked by comfortable loungers, from which to absorb the city views as you take a dip. Some of the landmarks visible from the terrace include Antoni Gaudí’s legendary La Sagrada Família and Casa Batlló. Terrat is exclusive to guests in the afternoon before it opens to all from 6 pm onwards for sundowners and snacks.
- Hotel website: Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
- Other accolades: Mandarin Oriental Barcelona also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Barcelona, the best hotels in Spain, the world’s most amazing hotel lobbies, and Europe’s best hotel rooftops.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking this hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona here.
Located on the eighth floor of the Fasano hotel, the chic rooftop infinity pool offers a unparalleled view of world-famous Ipanema beach from an angle that captures Arpoador, the Morro Dois Irmãos and the Corcovado, exclusively for hotel guests. The bar menu offers a wide array of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, cocktails, and delicious al fresco dining throughout the day.
- Hotel website: Fasano Rio De Janeiro
- Other top 10 accolades: Fasano Rio De Janeiro also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Rio de Janeiro.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking this hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check in, late check out, daily breakfast, and a complimentary 50-min massage per person for up to two guests per room once during stay).
The view at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is at its most spectacular from its stunning rooftop terrace, an unique urban which has quickly become a New York social hotspot since the hotel’s opening in 2017. The terrace features a small and heated lounge pool (open in summer only), full-service bar, fire pits and seating spaces made from reclaimed railroad ties where guests can relax and sip craft cocktails.
- Hotel website: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- Other accolades: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in New York City.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking this hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, and late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge here.
The ultimate hotel rooftop experience must be to have one all for yourself, which is the case when you book the Redentore Terrazza Suite at the Gritti Palace. The one-of-a-kind rooftop – complete with minipool – is perfect for lounging, al-fresco dining, or celebrating with friends and family while indulging in views that overlook the Grand Canal, San Giorgio Maggiore, and the Church of the Redentore on the island of Giudecca.
- Hotel website: The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Other accolades: The Gritti Palace also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious hotels in Venice, the most stunning hotel rooftops in Europe, and luxury hotels made famous by Hollywood movies.
- Review: read my review of the Gritti Palace Venice here.