Today (May 6, 2019): Top 10 best all-inclusive beach resorts in the world.
All-inclusive holidays offer a great advantage as you don’t have to worry about spending (too much) money on food, especially when you are traveling with a family. Unfortunately, there’s often a downside to the all-inclusive formula as it means you’re drinking cheap booze and competing with dozens of other guests at uninspiring buffets in gargantuan resorts that enjoy a questionable reputation. However, not all all-inclusive resort fit into this mediocre category; in fact, some properties rival the most luxurious hotel in the world, taking the all-inclusive concept to the next level with world-class cuisine and menus created by celebrity chefs. Here’s my selection of the 10 most luxurious all-inclusive resorts in the world, where you can kick back, be completely worry-free, and enjoy fine dining all day long.
What’s your favorite all-inclusive hotel in the world? Leave a comment or take my poll below.
Considered one of the most remarkable resorts in Hawaii, Hana-Maui Resort is located in the tiny town of Hana on the eastern tip of Maui and will immerse you in the real Hawaii. Timeless local customs such as throw-net fishing and lei making are still a fundamental part of this community’s fabric. Travaasa Hana is the first resort on the island to greet the rising sun and is set amid rolling grass fields and palm trees above Hana Bay. The resort’s spacious cottages and private suites set a peaceful mood, and some of them offer views of the waves rolling across the Pacific Ocean from their private lanai. The resort provides you with different rates and an all-inclusive package selection so that you can customize your journey. Hana-Maui Resort is located at the end of a three-hour, hair rising coastal drive along Maui’s rugged eastern coastline, considered to be one of the most scenic routes on the planet.
- Hotel website: Hana-Maui Resort
- Other accolades: Hana-Maui Resort also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Hawaii and the world’s most remote luxury hotels.
- Review: read my review of Hana-Maui Resort here.
Enjoy the jungle’s mystique and endless ocean views at this luxury, all-inclusive resort for all ages. The property is divided into three sections: the family-friendly ‘The Zen Grand ambiance’ is immersed in the natural environment of the Mayan jungle with lush greenery and freshwater streams; ‘The Ambassador ambiance’ – also a family-friendly area – features suites arranged around the main infinity pool with spectacular ocean-view terraces; and finally, the adults-only ‘The exclusive Grand Class section’ is designed for optimum privacy and relaxation with suites enjoying prime oceanfront views. Here, guests savor gourmet cuisine from renowned chefs, bring balance to body and mind with treatments in the holistic spa, and unwind in suites with private terraces, plunge pools and uninhibited water views. This resort goes above and beyond offering a vacation of a lifetime.
- Hotel website: Grand Velas Riviera Maya
- Travel tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, one-way private airport transfer, $100 USD spa credit, and a welcome bottle of Mezcal).
Poised on the limestone cliffs of Negril’s scenic West End in Jamaica, The Caves capture all the essence of a seductive oceanfront sanctuary. The property is an artisan crafted resort combining the natural glamour of Negril with a modern metropolitan attitude. This natural preserve turned traveler’s nirvana is located just minutes from Negril’s stunning white sand beachfront where adventure and enchantment are yours for the taking. Blending authentic island charm with laidback luxury, The Caves is the ultimate getaway for relaxation, revitalization and pure romance. Catering to adults and couples 16 years and older, the Caves features 12 idyllic cliffside cottages, a grand villa, two dining gazebos, private caves and the signature Blackwell Rum Bar. There’s also a Spa, jacuzzi, sauna, private hot tub and saltwater swimming pool, all just within steps of the glittering sapphire sea.
- Hotel website: The Caves
From ecological thatch roofing to crystal clear water, Constance Moofushi is a unique resort with a soul set right at the heart of South Ari Atoll. All 110 villas – which come in three categories – are decorated with wondrous tones of nature with a hint of Constance chic, and either built on the dazzling white sands or on stilts that float above the turquoise waters. Constance Moofushi Maldives lies on the migration route of various kinds of marine life, like whale sharks, dolphins, mantas, and sea eagles, offering superb snorkeling and diving. But the best feature for families is that Constance Moofushi is one of the few resorts in the Maldives that offers an all-inclusive package – from premium drinks and exquisite cuisine to luxurious overwater accommodations. So, growing teens can eat and drink endlessly without their parents having to worry about the bill.
- Hotel website: Constance Moofushi
- Other accolades: Constance Moofushi also features in my top 10 lists of the best family resorts in the Maldives and the best resorts in the Maldives for snorkeling.
Little Palm Island is a close as you can get to an exclusive private island experience in the USA. Accessible only by boat or seaplane, the adults-
- Hotel website: Little Palm Island
- Other accolades: Little Palm Island also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in the USA and the world’s most exclusive private island resorts.
- Review: read my review of Little Palm Island here.
Southern Ocean Lodge is Australia’s finest lodge, offering a unique and exclusive travel experience on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Floating atop a secluded cliff on a rugged stretch of coast, the lodge commands peerless views of the wild Southern Ocean and pristine surrounding wilderness. Here, guests come face-to-face with sea lions, kangaroos, and koalas at South Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island, called “Australia’s Galapagos” for its abundant wildlife. Featuring an environmentally sensitive design, the lodge’s 21 spacious suites embody the highest level of design integrity. All suites feature lavish king-size beds, sunken lounge, sandblasted limestone floors, dramatic glass walled bathroom and outdoor terrace with occasional seating and daybed. With exceptional guided adventures and experiences included in the nightly tariff, all guests will enjoy a personalized experiential touring itinerary of the island’s unique natural attractions.
- Hotel website: Southern Ocean Lodge
- Travel tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, early check-in, late check-in, $50 USD equivalent spa credit, and $50 USD experience credit).
- Other accolades: Southern Ocean Lodge also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels & resorts in Australia, most spectacular hotel bathrooms in the world, the world’s most exclusive wilderness lodges, and the world’s most expensive hotels.
Hermitage Bay is a natural paradise – a perfect retreat for anyone wanting to escape the stresses and strains of a busy life. The privately owned five-star boutique hotel is located in a perfect bay on the west coast of Antigua. The 27 individual suites nestle on the beach and hillside in beautiful tropical gardens, in the perfect seclusion offered by the surrounding 140 acres of lush, undeveloped land. Reclining in a plantation chair on your verandah, you feel transported back to Antigua’s colonial era – with all the conveniences of an upscale hotel. This ultra-luxurious all-inclusive resort features the clean lines and conveniences found in contemporary decor and design yet remains true to its Caribbean location by offering organic locally sourced gastronomy. The result is a natural and sophisticated retreat for those looking to unwind and become reacquainted with their environment and the one they are with.
- Hotel website: Hermitage Bay
- Other accolades: Hermitage Bay also features in my top 10 list of the best resorts in the Caribbean.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 USD resort credit, early check in, late check out, and roundtrip airport transfers for stays of 3 nights and more).
Jade Mountain is St. Lucia’s only resort property with the iconic view of both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea. The location of the property is unsurpassed, rising majestically above the private estate of Anse Chastanet with 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft, sand Caribbean beaches with pristine coral reefs just off shore. Its impressive design, with individual bridges leading to exceptional infinity pool suites and rugged stoned-faced columns reaching towards the sky, makes Jade Mountain one of the Caribbean’s most mesmerizing resort experiences. With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountain’s 29 suites (called “sanctuaries”) are stage-like settings from which to embrace the full glory of St Lucia’s twin peaks, the Pitons World Heritage Site, and the eternal Caribbean Sea. The resort butlers, called major domos, and a dedicated resort team ensure outstanding service around the clock.
- Hotel website: Jade Mountain
- Other accolades: Jade Mountain also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views, the world’s best luxury hotels, the best resorts in the Caribbean, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, and the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check in, and late check out).
- Review: read my review of Jade Mountain here.
If you have ever harbored the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, &Beyond Mnemba Island is just the place for you. Mnemba is renowned as one of the most romantic ocean destinations in the world, offering privacy and rustic exclusivity unparalleled on the African coastline. This romantic, private hideaway is an award-winning barefoot beach paradise just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar, that accommodates a maximum of 20 guests at a time. Guest relax and unwind in the exclusivity of their own stretch of beachfront, where ten beachside bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest and overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diver’s delight). From snorkeling, swimming, ands kayaking to massages on the beach, to doing nothing at all, &Beyond Mnemba Island has something for everyone.
- Hotel website: &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Other accolades: &Beyond Mbemba Island also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Zanzibar, the most exclusive, private island retreats in the world, the best luxury hotels in Tanzania, and Africa’s most astonishing beach retreats.
- Review: read my review of &Beyond Mnemba Island here.
Guests experience every aspect of luxury at the fabulous Anantara Maia Seychelles Villas in the magnificent archipelago of the Seychelles. Set on the secluded beach of Anse Louis overlooking the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, the private 12-acre property is lushly landscaped with hibiscus, lemongrass and cinnamon. The 30 ultra-luxurious villas are settled between gigantic granite boulders in gold-awarded flower and spice filled gardens, some of them coming with spectacular ocean views. Pampering and wellness are also the focus at the Balinese-style spa, which offers instruction in Hatha yoga and Qigong, as well as restorative treatments performed in open-air pavilions. If guests want to move beyond the resort’s beautiful grounds, there’s a variety of water-based activities available, including snorkeling and canoeing, with diving and fishing at a fee.
- Hotel website: Anantara Maia Seychelles Villas
- Other accolades: Anantara Maia Seychelles Villas also features in my top 10 lists of the best resorts in the Seychelles and the best Leading Hotels of the World.
- Review: read my review of Anantara Maia Seychelles Villas here.