Today (June 24, 2019 ): Top 10 hotels with the most Instagram followers.
Instagram is big in the world of travel. The mobile social network with its heavy focus on visuals has ballooned to more than 1 billion users worldwide, many of whom come to it for travel inspiration. Most hotels are now on Instagram, using photo filters and hashtags to dazzle millennials who spend hours scrolling through their accounts, dreaming about their next holiday or picking out which accommodation is right for them. Of course, some hotels have the Instagram X-factor while other don’t; and some are more popular on Instagram than others. In fact, some hotels have hundreds of thousands of followers and have become iconic destinations on their own due to their success on social media. Here’s a list of the 10 most popular Instagram accounts from luxury hotels all around the world. And of course, you can always follow my own Instagram account for a daily dose of travel inspiration.
Since 1913, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, part of The Dorchester Collection, has been welcoming guests delighted to stay on avenue Montaigne, the heart of haute couture. Guests here stay in luxurious comfort overlooking either the Eiffel Tower or the charming courtyard with its signature red awnings, perfect for al fresco summer dining and in winter features its own ice rink. The rooms’ oh-so-romantic views of the Eiffel Tower have become one of the most Instagrammed hotel shots. Alain Ducasse, world-renowned multiple Michelin-starred chef, oversees all the hotel kitchens. The hotel recently experienced an intense backlash over Brunei’s new law punishing homosexuality with death by stoning; after a month of international pressure and boycotts, the Sultan of Brunei (owner of the hotel) walked back the gay sex death penalty, although homosexuality remains criminalized in the country.
- Hotel website: Hôtel Plaza Athenée
- Number of Instagram followers: 252,000
- Other accolades: Hotel Plaza Athenée also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Paris.
- Tip: get free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, complimentary WiFi, and $100 USD hotel credit)
Four Seasons Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru is a remote island hideway in the secluded Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, a scenic seaplane ride from Male. Combining innovation, wellness and conservation, the resort comprises 103 thatched bungalows and villas of contemporary Maldivian design spread across the island’s remote jungle wilderness. A vacation here can be combined with a stay at its sister property, Kuda Huraa, which is a lushly tropical private island close to Male airport, renowned for its exceptional surf and easy charm. Both are linked by the luxury catamaran Four Seasons Explorer, which cruises between the two resorts stopping at exceptional dive sites, tiny uninhabited beaches and remote island communities along the way. Recently, Four Seasons also opened an ultraluxe private island, called Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah, a secluded haven that transcends the private island experience for a maximum of 22 guests.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Resorts Maldives
- Number of Instagram followers: 252,000
- Other accolades: The Four Seasons resorts in the Maldives also feature in my top 10 lists of the best Four Seasons hotels & resorts in the world and the best hotels in the Maldives.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, $100 USD spa credit, welcome amenity in room on arrival, and departure gift).
Wynn Las Vegas and its adjacent, sister resort Encore hold more Forbes Travel Guide Five Star awards than any other independently operated hotel in the world. Hailed as luxury destinations in Las Vegas, both resorts have a total of 4,750 rooms. The rooms at both properties are elegantly appointed and equipped with advanced technologies and panoramic views. The entire Wynn complex is home to more than 20 signature restaurants, ultra-chic nightclubs and luxury shopping that brings your Las Vegas experience to a new level of distinction. Encore boasts a younger, more modern vibe than The Wynn; its well-appointed spaces and bright, elegant style paired with an exceptional level of service has led Condé Nast Traveler Magazine to name Encore among the top 100 hotels in the world on the 2019 Gold List, for the 10th year in a row.
- Hotel website: The Wynn Las Vegas
- Number of Instagram followers: 252,000
- Other accolades: The Wynn Las Vegas also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in Las Vegas.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, $30 USD per person breakfast credit per day, early check in, late check out, $50 USD resort credit & $50 spa credit, once per stay).
View this post on Instagram
Announced today, Wynn Resorts holds the most @ForbesTravelGuide Five-Star Awards of any independent hotel company with 19 total awards. Wynn Las Vegas was honored with Five-Star awards for: Wynn Tower Suites, Encore Tower Suites, The Spa at Wynn, The Spa at Encore, and Wing Lei. Review the full list at the link in our bio.
At the center of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco jewel that offers the ultimate luxury, making it a favorite among the city’s most savvy guests. For more than a century, it has preserved its unique heritage with all the modern flourishes a guest could wish for, bound together by world renowned service that is impeccable, intuitive and highly tailored. Rooms are effortlessly glamorous, with original art deco features, and are complemented by the latest technology. Check out the Claridge’s Bar, featuring an unparalleled collection of vintage champagnes and rare spirits. Afternoon tea is a must; more than 40 varieties from around the world are served alongside freshly baked scones and tea-infused jam served in the grandeur of the Foyer and Reading Room. The hotel has long-standing connections with the UK’s royal family that have led to it sometimes being referred to as an “annexe to Buckingham Palace”.
- Hotel website: The Claridge London
- Number of Instagram followers: 262,000
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a £75 GBP food & beverage credit).
Over a thousand fountains dance in a rainbow of light synchronized to music, welcoming guests to this decadent playground. Once past the fountains and inside the hotel, you will instantly find yourself transported to an elegant European resort, replete with award-winning restaurants and a luxurious spa, all the while surrounded by works from the world’s most renowned artists. The elegantly appointed accommodations pair modern conveniences with the warmth of home, featuring sweeping vistas of the resort’s lake, surrounding mountains and Las Vegas skyline. The resort’s retail promenade, Via Bellagio, includes the luxury shops of Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Breguet, Prada and more. From the natural light bathing the lobby through glass ceilings to the fresh flowers and trees of the Bellagio Conservatory and Gardens, whose displays change five times a year, everything here makes the Bellagio the quintessential Las Vegas destination.
- Hotel website: Bellagio Las Vegas
- Number of Instagram followers: 288,000
- Other accolades: The Bellagio features in my top 10 lists of the largest hotels in the world and the best hotels in Las Vegas.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade to a pool view room on 12th floor or higher, $30 USD daily breakfast credit, early check-in, late check-out, choice of 4 spa facility passes valued at $160 USD or $100 USD food and beverage credit, and $5 USD WiFi credit applied to daily resort fee ).
Ranking among my favorite resorts in the world, the phenomenal Soneva Jani Resort is the holy grail of luxury travel for many Instagram fashionables and social media celebrities because it offers unrivaled photo opportunities. Located on an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll, the Maldives’ most exclusive and game-changing hotel is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded by a 5.6 km (3,4 mi) lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted Indian Ocean views. Each one of the 24 water villas has a private lap pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with most villas also featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed, stargaze, and take an Instagram selfie.
Contact me to receive a complimentary VIP perks at Soneva Jani at the time of booking.
- Hotel website: Soneva Jani
- Number of Instagram followers: 309,000
- Other accolades: Soneva Jani also features in my lists of the best luxury hotels in the Maldives, the most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives, the best new luxury hotels of 2016, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: read my review of Sonev Jani here.
This dynamic property is rising in Dubai from the coastline of the largest man-made island in the world, the Palm Island. Positioned as the flagship property it is, the property is situated at the apex of the Palm Island’s outer crescent, surrounded by the beautifully tranquil sea of the Arabian Gulf. The palatial hotel is one of Dubai’s most impressive resorts, part blockbuster luxury hotel (more than 1,500 rooms and suites!), part aquatic wonderland. The resort has some of the most elegant hotel rooms in Dubai, designed to immerse guests in absolute comfort and unparalleled luxury. The hotel’s underwater suites have breathtaking underwater views, including the “ancient” ruins of the mythical lost city of Atlantis and its 65,000 marine inhabitants. Families will love the hotel’s Aquaventure Waterpark, where they can discover an underwater world at The Lost Chambers Aquarium or meet the incredible marine mammals at Dolphin Bay and Sea Lion Point.
- Hotel website: Atlantis The Palm
- Number of Instagram followers: 404,000
- Other accolades: Atlantis The Palm Dubai also features in my top 10 lists of the best underwater hotels in the world, the world’s best hotel breakfasts, the best family hotels in the world, and the best hotels in Dubai.
View this post on Instagram
Воспользуйтесь уникальным предложением для держателей карт American Express 💳 и подарите себе изысканный отдых на Аравийском побережье с 20% скидкой👌 Погрузитесь в сказочный мир Арабских Эмиратов с #AtlantisThePalm 🌟 📷@lioninthewild #МирВдалиОтСуеты#AtlantisThePalm#АтлантисДубай#МойДубай#ОстровПальма#ОтдыхвAtlantis#ИсследуйтеДубай
The most exclusive and enjoyable daytime parties in an elegant hotel with a unique personality: this is what’s on offer at Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel. Everything at the hotel orbits around a spectacular stage where every season the best DJs of the international scene play. The energy flows, bodies become warm, the sexiest go go dancers gyrate on podiums and all guests vibrate with the best scene on the island. The hotel’s 415 luxurious rooms and suites combine cutting edge design, the latest technology, and VIP services, and are spread over two wings: the Ushuaïa Club, which includes an incredible swimming pool next to the stage where events are held, and The Ushuaïa Tower, for people wanting to live the Ushuaïa Ibiza experience in a more discreet atmosphere. The hotel also offers a fascinating variety of gastronomy in its 5 restaurants.
- Hotel website: Ushuaïa Beach Hotel
- Number of Instagram followers: 530,000
Located by the beautiful turquoise sea of Tulum, the mid-range Azulik Hotel & Spa is an adult-only, clothing-optional establishment in the expansive biosphere reserve Sian Ka’an, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987. Each of the 48 wooden-crafted villas is characterized by its organic and perfect harmony within the Mayan jungle and the Caribbean Sea, allowing guests to enjoy a 360 degrees’ view. The villas are built with no air conditioning, television, Wi-Fi or electric light; illumination is provided solely by candles and access to electricity is limited. There are four restaurants on site that are constantly changing menus with fresh and seasonal ingredients, including the signature dining venue that is built on stilts high above Tulum’s Mayan jungle. Azulik draws mostly couples and solo travelers that are looking to disconnect from the world and be transported back in time.
- Hotel website: Azulik Tulum
- Number of Instagram followers: 790,000
View this post on Instagram
Some places can make you feel as if you were walking in a dream. __________ Algunos lugares pueden hacerte sentir como si caminaras en un sueño. __________ Alguns lugares podem fazer você se sentir como se estivesse caminhando em um sonho. . . . #architecturedesign #hotelview #jointhetribe #Mexico #QuintanaRoo #RivieraMaya #AZULIKTulum #AZULIK #TulumMexico #beautifulhotels #wonderful #luxuryhotels #Nest #Jungle #luxurytraveller #topview #dronefly #repost @blakehobsonn
Blending cosmopolitan sophistication and barefoot island chic, the 5-star Cavo Tagoo is a luxury hotel located on the outskirts of Mykonos Town on the idyllic Greek island of Mykonos. Comprehensively renovated in 2018, this sumptuous and super-trendy hotel features a fabulous infinity pool, a surreal aquarium bar, spectacular sunset views, a world-class fine dining restaurant, and an intimate spa offering a host of superb relaxing and therapeutic treatments. Gently tumbling down a hill to the Aegean Sea, the property offers a wide range of 83 luxury rooms and suites, furnished in the chic white and minimalist style that the Cycladic Islands are famous for. You can also book a private villa for that special romantic getaway, and almost all the deluxe accommodation has a terrace or balcony, with options for sea views, private pool and/or jacuzzi.
- Hotel website: Cavo Tagoo
- Number of Instagram followers: 1.2 million
- Other accolades: Cavo Tagoo also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Greece.
- Review: read my review of Cavo Tagoo Mykonos here.