Today (May 18, 2018): Travel tip: buy your own slice of paradise in the Maldives or Thailand.
If you’ve ever dreamed about owning your own slice of paradise in the Maldives or Thailand, this article is for you.
You probably know by now that Soneva is my absolute favorite hotel brand in the world. The iconic hotel brand aims to create unforgettable, innovating, and enlightening experiences in the planet’s most pristine surroundings. The ethos and values it is run by are what sets Soneva on different footing as compared to other high-end hotel brands. At the moment, Soneva has 4 ultra-luxe properties in its portfolio:
- Soneva Fushi, the original desert island hideaway in the Maldives
- Soneva In Aqua, the first floating villa in the Maldives
- Soneva Jani, the most fabulous hotel in the Maldives
- Soneva Kiri in Thailand, by far the best luxury resort in Thailand.
I have to warn you though that once you have lived a holiday at a Soneva resort, all your other trips will pale in comparison. However, there is good news (at least for the lucky few) since Soneva offers private villas for sale so you can make the brand part of your lifestyle. Constructed using time-tested indigenous techniques, they are made from sustainable materials that are sourced and adapted to preserve the integrity of the environment and the local communities that surround them. These villas are amazing properties in fairy tale settings and ownership includes the following benefits:
- 20% off of all Soneva resort services including treatments taken at the Six Senses Spa, diving and leisure services, and from any of Soneva’s food and beverage outlets.
- 20% off on all flight transfers (round trip) to/from Malé (or Bangkok if vacationing at Soneva Kiri).
- Income sharing in a Villa Rental Program, enabling you to earn a return on investment.
- Possessing the only residences available to foreigners in the Maldives.
- Special “Soneva Villa Owner” benefits at all Soneva Resorts.
- Exchangeability of owner’s days within all Soneva Resorts, subject to availability.
Located in the pristine Baa Atoll – a UNESCO’s marine conservation heritage site about a 30 minute seaplane transfer northwest of the capital Male – Soneva Fushi’s home of Kunfunadho Island is one of the Maldives’ largest, being just under 1.5km (0,9 mi) long and 0,5 km (0,3 mi) wide. Everything about Soneva Fushi feels right, the exotic palm trees, the verdant jungle, the pristine reef, the dolphins at sunset, the impossibly white sand and the crystal clear water. A limited number of spectacular prime beachfront private residences are still available to purchase, each of which is uniquely-designed and carefully located to combine maximum privacy and tranquility whilst being close enough to enjoy Soneva’s first-class services and amenities. Benefitting from abundant natural light, lush foliage and picturesque views, the sprawling villas are made of sustainable materials and comprise detached living areas joined by wooden walkways, offering the luxury of space to villa owners and their families.
- Website: Soneva Fushi Residences
- Accolades: Soneva Fushi features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in the Maldives, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, the best family hotels in the world, the world’s most insanely beautiful hotel beaches, and the best resorts in the Maldives for snorkeling.
- Review: read my review of Soneva Fushi here.
- Contact: contact me to get more information on the Soneva Fushi Residences.
Remote yet accessible by a 90 minute flight from Bangkok on the resort’s private plane, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand’s 4th largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. One of the most exclusive beach resorts in the world, Soneva Kiri offers an unrivalled combination of luxury, environmentally friendly design and unforgettable, authentic Thai experiences. Here, the Soneva group has built spectacular private residences alongside the resort to fully live the Soneva Kiri dream. Incredible luxury villas from two to six bedrooms, 600 to 1800 square meters (6500 to 20000 ft), come with stunning beach, bay or cliff views, as well as world-renowned service levels. Built in Soneva’s iconic eco-style, with light, open, airy and spacious interiors, these residences offer barefoot luxury at its best.
- Website: Soneva Kiri Residences
- Accolades: Soneva Kiri features in my top 10 lists of the most insanely beautiful hotels in Thailand, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, the world’s most outrageous hotel experiences, the best private plunge pools in the world, the world’s most beautiful hotel beaches, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best family hotels, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Review: read my review of Soneva Kiri here.
- Contact: contact me to get more information on the Soneva Kiri Residences.
Inspired by a word that means wisdom in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani is located on Medhufaru island, which is part of an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll. The Maldives’ most exclusive hotel is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded by a 5.6 km (3,4 mi) lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted 360° views of the Indian Ocean. Each one of the water villas has a private pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with some villas featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed and stargaze. Currently, beach residences are being built on Medhufaru, although some of the overwater villas are available for sale as well.
- Hotel website: Soneva Jani Residences
- Other accolades: Soneva Jani also features in my lists of the most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives, the best new luxury hotels of 2016, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: read my review of Soneva Jani here.
- Contact: contact me to get more information on the Soneva Jani Residences.