Today (May 16, 2016): Top 10 most insanely beautiful hotel beaches in the world.
If you are a beach lover like I am, then you want your hotel to be set along a spectacular stretch of tropical beach. I’ve traveled extensively around the world, always on the lookout for the best beach hotels, and today I share with you my 10 favorite ultraluxe resorts that wow-ed me because of their mindblowingly beautiful beaches. If it’s white sand, clear waters and indulgent luxury that you’re hankering for, look no further than these spectacular hotels, since they are located on some of the world’s most idyllic beaches that will blow you off your feet. Not all of these beaches are private, but most of these resorts are so isolated that you won’t find another soul on the beach besides your fellow hotel guests.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel beach in the comments section, or take my poll at the bottom of the page!
Enjoying a spectacular location in the foliage of a lush hillside within an eco-reserve, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa will impress even the most discerning of guests. The resort’s 183 guest rooms and 36 villas, with average floor spaces of 60 and 220 square meters including outdoor living areas, feature ocean views from spacious balconies and porches. The two sugar white beaches – Punta Bunga Beach, which is shared with neighboring resorts, and Shangri-La’s private Banyugan Beach – are the gems of the resort. Not taking into account your own beach umbrella, they both offer unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Hotel website: Shangri-La Borocay
Throughout this Anguillan resort, opened in 2009 on this the Caribbean island of Anguilla, modern architectural forms interplay with the natural environment, while sophisticated, contemporary interiors by designer Kelly Wearstler add rich textural contrasts to a laid-back, beachy feel. From elegant garden-view guestrooms to beachfront villas with private pools, the Four Seasons’ luxury accommodations fit all tastes. And if that’s not enough yet, the resort sits along one of the most gorgeous beaches in Anguilla (that is shares with a more modest hotel nearby), with sugar white sand and turquoise aquamarine waters.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Anguilla
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
Soori Bali, located on the southwest coast of the Island of Gods, might just be the very definition of paradise. Located near the island’s famed Tanah Lot Temple, this luxurious beachfront resort leads you to depths of relaxation you never knew existed. Nestled between lush rice fields and an absolutely gorgeous, glistening, volcanic black sand beach lapped by the thundering waves of the Indian Ocean, Soori Bali’s luxurious villas fully integrate the beach experience in its vibrant mix of spaces. The perfectly calibrated balance of tranquillity and vitality, that is so Bali, does a fine job of soothing and stimulating the senses.
- Hotel website: Soori Bali
- Other top 10 accolades: Soori Bali also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Bali, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and the world’s most amazing beach resorts.
- Review: read my review of Soori Bali here.
This timeless retreat on the west coast of Phuket is the flagship hotel of Aman, the world’s most exclusive hotel brand. Interspersed throughout a mature coconut plantation, the Thai-style villa accommodations are approached by elevated walkways, and all have a private outdoor sala (room) for dining and relaxing, shaded by tropical flora. Ancient Ayutthayan architecture determines the design of its pavilions and villas, which overlook lush vegetation, the pristine Andaman Sea, and a gorgeous, blinding white, soft sand, semi-private beach, which ranks amongst the best in Asia.
- Hotel website: Amanpuri, Phuket
- Other top 10 accolades: Amanpuri also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Thailand and the best luxury hotels in Phuket.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one lunch or dinner for 2).
- Review: read here my review of Amanpuri.
Offering one of the most exclusive island accommodations in the region, this sprawling 44-acre resort matches blissful Polynesian paradise with flawless signature service. Set amidst lush unspoiled surroundings, powdery sands and sparkling turquoise-blue waters guests enjoy spectacular views the mystical Mount Otemanu, towering over the Pacific Ocean, with the remote islands of Tahaa and Raiatea on the horizon. The St. Regis Bora Bora is protected by self-contained saltwater lagoons and designed to complement the surrounding landscape.
- Hotel website: St Regis Bora Bora
- Other top 10 accolades: St Regis Bora Bora also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in French Polynesia and the world’s most amazing beach resorts.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, 20% discount at spa, and 50% discount off the costs of roundtrip airport boat transfers ).
Tucked away amid 25-acres of preserved jungle on the Yucatan Peninsula, hacienda-style Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa stands for pure escapism with a touch of Mayan magic. The resort faces the Caribbean Sea and a pristine, white beach composed of a mixture of fine powder sand and pink coral. Lazy days are spent in the ocean and poolside restaurants or by strolling through flower-filled gardens where parrots and butterflies perch. You can also explore some of Mexico’s great heritage sites, dive in mysterious underwater caves or shop till you drop in Cancun.
- Hotel website: Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
- Other top 10 accolades: Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa also features in my top 10 of the best luxury hotels in Mexico.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, one 30 minute massage per person, and Maroma floral bed decoration on arrival ).
Remote yet accessible by a 1,5 hour flight from Bangkok on the resort’s private plane, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand’s fourth largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. One of the most exclusive beach resorts in Asia, its 24 spectacular private villas are built on hillsides blanketed with ancient rainforest. Guest are given their own buggy to get to the private and stunning, coconut palm shaded beach, where your toes will go into the powdery soft sand, and where you can stroll through the pristine waters with the ocean lapping at your calves.
Contact me to receive a complimentary room upgrade at the time of booking when you decide to spend your holiday at Soneva Kiri (which I highly recommend!).
- Hotel website: Soneva Kiri
- Other top 10 accolades: Soneva Kiri also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most amazing beach resorts, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, the world’s most outrageous hotel experiences, the best private plunge pools in the world, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best family hotels, the world’s most remote luxury hotels, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Thai tapas on arrival, and a 30 minute spa treatment for two).
- Review: to read my review of Soneva Kiri, click here.
A second Aman resort made it into my top 10 list. Set on the beautiful island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Amanyara is a secluded haven embracing the best elements of the Caribbean. Bordering the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world’s best wall and reef diving, the überluxurious resort is blessed with crystal clear turquoise water and a powder-white beach (with some rocky parts). This is the Atlantic Ocean, so the waters may be choppy from time to time, but they are still swimmable and it guarantees the added spectacle of watching the waves breaking onshore.
- Hotel website: Amanyara
- Other top 10 accolades: Amanyara also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious resorts in the Caribbean, the most beautiful overwater bungalows in the world, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, and the world’s most expensive hotels.
- Tip: enjoy exclusive VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade on arrival, daily continental breakfast, one a la carte lunch for 2 persons, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: to read my review of Amanyara, click here.
Located in the Seychelles, an island nation in the Indian Ocean blessed with the most beautiful beaches in the world, it should come as no surprise that Banyan Tree harbors one of my favorite (semi)private hotel beaches in the world. Located on the picturesque south-western coastline of Mahé island, the 60 exquisite Creole-style villas (some with stunning views) welcome guests along with the impossibly beautiful, unspoiled and pristine beach of Intendance Bay. The latter is a fabulous crescent of powdery white sand, backed by hills that are covered in lush rain forest. Pure paradise!
- Hotel website: Banyan Tree Seychelles
- Other top 10 accolades: Banyan Tree Seychelles also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views and the best resorts in the Seychelles.
- Review: to read my review of the Banyan Tree Seychelles, click here.
Most Maldivian resorts could easily have made it in this top 10. But a stand-out (and my personal favorite) is Soneva Fushi, located in the stunning Baa Atoll island archipelago, a UNESCO World Biosphere. This is the Maldives’ original desert island hideaway, and while it may be older than the more flashy, newly built Maldivian resorts, it has the incredible advantage that it is entirely surrounded by one of the globe’s most beautiful, soft sand, palm fringed beaches. Massive, Robinson Crusoe-style, multi-bedroom luxury villas and private residences are hidden among dense tropical foliage. In keeping with the castaway theme, many are built to resemble tree houses. All open to their own private stretch of sugar white sands, and most boast their own private seawater swimming pools.
Contact me to receive a complimentary room upgrade at the time of booking when you decide to spend your holiday at Soneva Fushi (which I highly recommend).
- Hotel website: Soneva Fushi
- Other top 10 accolades: Soneva Fushi also features in my top 10 list of the world’s best family hotels, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and the best resorts in the Maldives.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Maldivian tapas on arrival, one lunch for two, original handcrafted arrival and departure mementos, shoreline beach dinner, private sunset sailing by Dhoni at Baa Atoll, and a cooking class for two).
- Review: click here to read my review of Soneva Fushi.