Today (May 13, 2019): Top 10 most beautiful hotel beaches in the world.
If you love the beach as much as I do, this article is for you. I’ve traveled extensively around the world, always on the lookout for the best beach hotels, and today I share with you my 10 favorite ultraluxe resorts that wow-ed me because of their mind-blowingly beautiful beaches. If it’s white sand, clear waters and indulgent luxury that you’re hankering for, look no further than these spectacular hotels, since they are located on some of the world’s most idyllic beaches whose natural beauty will knock you off your feet. Not all of these beaches are private, but most of these resorts are so isolated that you won’t find another soul on the beach besides your fellow hotel guests.
There is more information (with reviews & Youtube clips) below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotel beach in the comments section, or take my poll below!
Nestled in a sheltered bay on Boracay’s pristine northern coastline, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa exudes tropical island luxury. The property features 219 rooms and villas showcasing contemporary style, enriched with Filipino touches. All accommodations include outdoor living areas and enjoy ocean views from spacious balconies and porches. The resort’s layout offers spectacular vistas of lush green scenery and azure ocean views from every vantage point. The two sugar white beaches are the gems of the resort: Punta Bunga Beach (which is shared with neighboring resorts) and Shangri-La’s private Banyugan Beach. Not taking into account your own beach umbrella, both beaches offer unobstructed views of the ocean.
- Hotel website: Shangri-La Borocay
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
Throughout this ultraluxe resort on the tiny Caribbean island of Anguilla, modern architectural forms interplay with the natural environment, while sophisticated, contemporary interiors by designer Kelly Wearstler add rich textural contrasts to a laid-back, beachy feel. Formerly known as the Viceroy Anguilla, the resort joined the prestigious Four Seasons portfolio in 2016 following a $10 million USD rebrand and upgrade investment. From elegant garden-view guestrooms to beachfront villas with private pools, the resort’s wide range of luxury accommodations fit all tastes. And if that’s not enough yet, the resort sits along one of the most gorgeous beaches in Anguilla with sugar white sand and turquoise waters; the beach is shared with a more modest hotel nearby.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Resort Anguilla
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
- Review: coming soon.
Six Senses Zighy Bay is an ultra-luxurious “hidden gem”, located on Oman’s northern Musandam Peninsula, only a scenic two-hour car journey (but a world apart) from Dubai. The setting of this beautiful indigenous village-style resort with its private marina is spectacular, with dramatic mountains on one side, and a 1.6 kilometer (1 mile) long magnificent sandy beach on the other. The resort’s villas are inspired by traditional Omani houses and feature high indigenous-style ceilings, colorfully cushioned living area and cloudlike beds. All villas have a private pool, where guests can refresh within the privacy of high cobblestone walls. The property – which ranks among my favorite resorts in the world – also features a terrific spa and several word-class restaurants.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Zighy Bay
- Other accolades: Six Senses Zighy Bay also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in the world, the best luxury hotels in Oman, the best hotel spas in the world, the world’s most amazing beach hotels, the world’s most over-the-top hotel experiences, and the world’s most amazing restaurants with a view.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 50 minute massage for two people).
- Review: read my review of Six Senses Zighy Bay here.
This timeless retreat on the west coast of Phuket is the flagship hotel of Aman, widely recognized as the most exclusive hotel brand in the world. Interspersed throughout a mature coconut plantation, the Thai-style villa accommodations are approached by elevated walkways, and all have a private outdoor sala (room) for dining and relaxing, shaded by tropical flora. Poking out of the palm canopy across the hillside, the distinctive pointed roofs of these pavilions evoke the architecture of Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Siam. The resorts sits on a gorgeous crescent of blinding white and soft sand, which ranks amongst the best beaches in Asia. Beyond the secluded beach, a fleet of cruisers is on-hand for island hopping, fishing and scuba-diving.
- Hotel website: Amanpuri
- Other accolades: Amanpuri also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Thailand, the best Aman hotels in the world, and the best hotels in Phuket.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one lunch or dinner for 2).
- Review: read my review of Amanpuri here.
If you have ever harbored the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, &Beyond Mnemba Island is just the place for you. Mnemba offers privacy and rustic exclusivity unparalleled on the African coastline. This romantic, private hideaway is an award-winning barefoot beach paradise just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar, that accommodates a maximum of 20 guests at a time. Guest relax and unwind in the exclusivity of their own stretch of beachfront, where ten beachside bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest and overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diver’s delight).
- Hotel website: &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Other accolades: &Beyond Mbemba Island also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best all-inclusive hotels, the best hotels in Zanzibar, the most exclusive, private island retreats in the world, the best luxury hotels in Tanzania, and Africa’s most astonishing beach retreats.
- Review: read my review of &Beyond Mnemba Island here.
Tucked away amid 25-acres of preserved jungle on the Yucatan Peninsula, hacienda-style Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa stands for pure escapism with a touch of Mayan magic. The property is nestled at the edge of an unspoiled stretch of beach bordered by the world’s second longest barrier reef, offering world-class diving and snorkeling. The reef provides safe sea bathing in all weather conditions and protects the resort’s talcum, powder-like white-sand beach. Lazy days are spent in the ocean and poolside restaurants or by strolling through flower-filled gardens where parrots and butterflies perch. You can also explore some of Mexico’s great heritage sites, dive in mysterious underwater caves or shop till you drop in nearby Cancun.
- Hotel website: Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
- Other top 10 accolades: Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa also features in my top 10 of the best luxury hotels in Mexico.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, one 30 minute massage per person, and Maroma floral bed decoration on arrival ).
Remote yet accessible by a one hour flight from Bangkok on the resort’s private plane, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand’s fourth largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. The estate’s 36 incredible villas rank among of the largest resort villas in the world. Located on the idyllic beach or sunny slopes in the rainforest, all have stunning infinity pools, chic furnishings, personal electric buggies and impeccable service courtesy of Mr./Ms. Friday private butlers. Spectacular highlights include the open air Cinema Paradiso, Benz’ mangrove restaurant, the chocolate and ice cream parlor, and the incredible treetop dining pod. The resort’s magnificent white, sandybeach is accessible by a short 5 minute speedboat ride from the resort.
Contact me to get a resort credit and two complimentary Soneva experiences at Soneva Kiri.
- Hotel website: Soneva Kiri
- Other accolades: Soneva Kiri also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Thailand, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, the world’s most outrageous hotel experiences, the best private plunge pools in the world, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best family hotels, the world’s most remote luxury hotels, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit; with stays of 4 nights or more, guests also receive a beach dinner for two, a Koh Kood discovery trip, a 30 minute Signature Spa Treatment for two, and a Thai cuisine cooking class for two with Khun Benz).
- Review: read my review of Soneva Kiri here.
Another Aman resort has made it into my top 10 list. Set on the beautiful island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Amanyara is a secluded haven embracing the best elements of the Caribbean. Bordering the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world’s best wall and reef diving, the überluxurious resort is blessed with crystal clear turquoise water and an alluring powder-white beach. Just off its shores, sea turtles swim along coral reefs, while on land, Aman’s minimalist design is married with a warm and friendly staff, creating an oasis of tranquility. Contemporary in layout and design, Amanyara’s 38 timber-shingled pavilions enjoy extensive outdoor space and views of the ocean, tranquil ponds or coastal vegetation.
- Hotel website: Amanyara
- Other accolades: Amanyara also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious resorts in the Caribbean, the best Aman hotels in the world, the most beautiful overwater bungalows in the world, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, and the world’s most expensive hotels.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade on arrival, daily breakfast, one a la carte lunch for 2 persons, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of Amanyara here.
Located on the picturesque south-western coastline of Mahé island, the Banyan Tree Seychelles might hold some of the most desirable real estate on earth. The resort has 60 exquisite Creole-style villas, each with a private pool and lovingly decked in contemporary and colonial decor, evoking equal parts comfort and sensuality. The resort is located above or along the the jaw-droppingly beautiful Anse Intendance beach. The latter offers half a mile of the whitest sand you’ll ever encounter, with a lush backdrop of by palm trees, huge boulders and dense jungle-covered hills. There is no reef so the waves here are much larger than at most of the other beaches on the Seychelles, making it more suitable for surfing rather than swimming at most times.
- Hotel website: Banyan Tree Seychelles
- Other accolades: Banyan Tree Seychelles also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views, the best resorts in the Seychelles, and my favorite Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts in the world.
- Review: coming soon.
Most Maldivian resorts could easily have made it in this top 10. But a stand-out (and my personal favorite) is Soneva Fushi, located in the stunning Baa Atoll island archipelago, a UNESCO World Biosphere. This is the Maldives’ original desert island hideaway, and while it may be older than the more flashy, newly built Maldivian resorts, it has the incredible advantage that it is entirely surrounded by one of the globe’s most beautiful, soft sand, palm fringed beaches. Massive, Robinson Crusoe-style, multi-bedroom luxury villas and private residences are hidden among dense tropical foliage. In keeping with the castaway theme, many are built to resemble tree houses. All open to their own private stretch of sugar white sands, and most boast their own private seawater swimming pools.
Contact me to get a resort credit and two complimentary Soneva experiences at Soneva Fushi.
- Hotel website: Soneva Fushi
- Other accolades: Soneva Fushi also features in my top 10 list of the world’s best family hotels, the most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, and the best resorts in the Maldives.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit; with stays of 5 nights or more, guests also receive a beach dinner for two, a sunset dolphin safari, and a cooking class for two).
- Review: read my review of Soneva Fushi here.