Today (July 2, 2018): Top 10 best luxury hotels in Vancouver.
Nestled between the Coast Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Vancouver is a place of aboriginal lore and global citizenry, of natural beauty and international commerce – a place unlike any other and one of my favorite cities on earth. Vancouver’s spectacular mountains, wildlife-filled waters (that orcas call their home) and lush rain forests (where bears roam freely) overwhelm the beauty of the city itself, where ultramodern glass skyscrapers reflect the fabulous views that surround them. Add to this the relaxed mentality of its super-friendly inhabitants and you are in for an awesome trip … as long as it is not raining. I hereby share with you a breakdown of the 10 most exclusive hotels in North America’s most beautiful city.
There is more information below the slideshow. What’s your favorite hotel in Vancouver? Take my poll or leave a comment below.
*** Get the most out of your (luxury) trip to Vancouver with my online West Canada travel guide ***
Located near Parq Vancouver, the Douglas Hotel embraces landscapes and geometric abstractions of nature. The 30,000 square foot park creates one of a kind communal experience for guests and locals. The Douglas, an Autograph Collection Hotel, masterfully reconnects people and place, while seamlessly introducing nature into an elegant, urban environment. Urban, natural elements trim the hallways, leading to 188 rooms and 18 distinctive suites that are attentively appointed, with careful consideration to the needs of the modern traveler. The hotel also offers a furnished lobby bar, a curated collection of social space. Next to the Douglas hotel, Parq Vancouver offers state of the art gaming with 75 table games of blackjack, craps, roulette, poker, and baccarat.
- Hotel website: The Douglas, an Autograph Collection Hotel
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking The Douglas, an Autograph Collection Hotel, via Classic Travel (e.g. room upgrade, daily in-room breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
Overlooking downtown Vancouver’s glistening skyline, the award-winning Four Seasons Vancouver hotel sits in the middle of two worlds: a diverse, forward-thinking coastal metropolis and the rugged wilderness of British Columbia. The natural beauty of the area has influenced the décor of all 372 guest rooms and luxury suites – with soothing palettes of tea green and amber, warm saffron and cream or woodsy greens and aqua. A lush garden and the surrounding Vancouver skyline greet you as you glide along the hotel’s heated pool from inside to outside. Guests can dig into the Pacific Northwest’s flavorful bounty at YEW seafood + bar, which offers a seasonally changing menu. Or enjoy a soothing massage in the luxurious privacy of the hotel’s newest treatment room.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Situated in the vibrant Yaletown area, Opus Vancouver is the only boutique hotel in the city to have received the coveted Forbes Four-Star rating from 2013 through 2018. The 96 guest rooms and suites feature spa bathrooms with heated floors, all in vibrant colors, with contemporary furniture, Frette bathrobes and Herman Miller ergonomic chairs. A perfect urban retreat for business or pleasure. The 7th floor rooms are slightly smaller, but also feature a step out terrace to enjoy the outdoor sights and sounds of Yaletown. Some other highlights include an on-site modern French brasserie restaurant, bar (which serves tapas and cocktails), round-the-clock room service, catering and meeting facilities (for a maximum of 50 people). Pets are welcome to stay at the hotel.
- Hotel website: Opus Vancouver
As a boutique hotel, the Loden prides itself in its personalized service. Located on a quiet, one-way residential street, guests are just minutes away from the buzzing city center, as well at the peace and quiet of the water along Vancouver’s famous seawall. Quintessentially west coast, the Loden’s 70 rooms and 7 suites draw their inspiration from the natural surroundings of coastal British Columbia, with natural stone and copper, an interior rich in detail, colour and texture, and health focused amenities and offerings. The second floor houses a well-equipped gym, spa suite, infrared sauna and green space with a reflecting pool and mini-waterfall. Tableau, located adjacent to the hotel lobby, is an award-winning neighbourhood bar bistro that is popular with both locals and guests.
- Hotel website: The Loden Vancouver
Although I realize that this hotel is a controversial property given that it’s managed by the family of the Donald Trump – president of the United (or divided?) States of America – there’s no denying that it fits this list. Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver is one of the city’s premier luxury hotels and is located in the heart of the Golden Mile, close to couture shopping, restaurants, entertainment and the buzzing financial center. The hotel is housed in Vancouver’s second tallest skyscraper, that stands at 616 ft (188 m) and 69 stories. The famed Arthur Erickson-designed twisting tower maximizes the window features and views in every room, and because of this unique design, every room is distinctive with no two views exactly alike. The hotel also offers fine dining and a lavish day spa.
- Hotel website: Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver
- Other accolades: Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver also features in my list of the best new luxury hotels of 2017.
Located on the city’s dynamic harborfront, Fairmont Waterfront is a world-class luxury hotel, proudly embracing a sustainable philosophy. The hotel offers upscale comfort, personalized service, state-of-the-art leisure facilities, and great West Coast views, with easy access to everything that makes Vancouver spectacular. Most of the rooms overlook the harbor, and provide spectacular views of enclosed port and the Coastal Mountains standing majestically beyond it, while the other rooms overlook Vancouver’s vibrant city skyline. The hotel is directly located besides Vancouver’s Convention & Exhibition Center. This, coupled with the hotel’s state of the art conference rooms and business amenities, make it an ideal place to stay during a business trip, or to plan a meeting of your own.
- Hotel website: Fairmont Waterfront
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking Fairmont Waterfront via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
The Wedgewood Hotel & Spa is one of the city’s top hotels featuring 83 beautifully appointed rooms & suites. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s thriving cosmopolitan downtown core, amidst the gardens and waterfalls of the fashionable Robson Square, the Wedgewood is Vancouver’s only member of Relais & Châteaux, a prestigious collection of the finest hotels and restaurants around the world. A vital part of the hotel is its award-winning Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge, which offers modern French cuisine in an elegant setting with live entertainment nightly – a popular rendez-vous for who is who in Vancouver. The hotel’s full-service spa, enhanced by an eucalyptus steam room & gym, offers a wide variety of relaxing and therapeutic treatments that complete the Wedgewood experience.
- Hotel website: The Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking the Wedgewood Hotel & Spa via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
This 119-room luxury hotel, located in vibrant downtown Vancouver, occupies the first 15 floors of a 61-story landmark building, the tallest in the city. The luxurious guestrooms and suites are decorated in the brand’s contemporary Asian style, with many rooms featuring private balconies, stunning views of the city, and abundant sunlight filtering in through floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests can enjoy personalized spa treatments at Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La, or experience Vancouver fine dining with regionally inspired dishes at Market by Jean-Georges. Whether in the city for business or for pleasure, the Shangri-La Vancouver offers amenities and accommodations that bring to life the unique Asian hospitality, serenity, and caring service that Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are known for.
- Hotel website: Shangri-La Vancouver
- Other accolades: Shangri-La Vancouver also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in British Columbia.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade at the time of booking, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
Following its grand debut in the roaring ‘20s, Hotel Georgia came to be known as a Vancouver legend for bringing unheard-of luxuries to the young city and Canada’s West Coast. After undergoing a full renovation and reopening in 2011 as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the hotel has been returned to its former grandeur with the additional elegance of extensive amenities and the impeccable service of Rosewood, one of the world’s most exclusive hotel brands. With 156 rooms and suites embellished with stylish elegance equal to its landmark location, guests uncover an exclusive residential ambience. Featuring a palette of light blues, ivory and chocolate, the guestroom decor is completed with sleek furnishings and spa-inspired bathrooms for ultimate luxury.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Hotel Georgia
- Other accolades: Rosewood Hotel Georgia also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most stunning indoor hotel pools, the best hotels in British Columbia, and the best hotels in Canada.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking Rosewood Hotel Georgia via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: read my review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia here.
This downtown Vancouver hotel, the flagship hotel of the Fairmont Hotel Group, combines the best of the Pacific Rim in its plan, décor, and culinary offerings. It is conveniently situated along the shore in Vancouver’s vibrant waterfront area, a few blocks from the cruise ship terminal. Designed with five-star standards and amenities, the 367-room hotel features spacious guestrooms with lavish appointments, naturally inspired materials, comfortable furnishings and state-of-the-art technology. The higher floors enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Coal Harbour, Stanley Park and the North Shore Mountains. The hotel’s spectacular outdoor rooftop pool with private cabanas brings a little South Beach ambiance to the heart of downtown Vancouver.
- Hotel website: Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Other accolades: Fairmont Pacific Rim also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most luxurious city hotels, the best hotels in British Columbia, and the best hotels in Canada.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking Fairmont Pacific Rim via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa or food credit).
- Review: read my review of the Fairmont Pacific Rim here.