Today (February 19, 2016): Travel tip: buy your own slice of paradise in the Maldives or Thailand.
If you’ve ever dreamed about owning your own slice of paradise in the Maldives or Thailand, this article is for you.
You probably know by now that Soneva is my absolute favorite hotel brand in the world. The iconic hotel brand aims to create unforgettable, innovating, and enlightening experiences in the planet’s most pristine surroundings. The ethos and values it is run by are what sets Soneva on different footing as compared to other high-end hotel brands. At the moment, Soneva has 4 ultra-luxe properties in its portfolio:
- Soneva Fushi in the Maldives, where guests have included Madonna and Sir Paul McCartney (read my review here).
- Soneva In Aqua, the first floating villa in the Maldives (review to be published soon).
- Soneva Jani in the Maldives (opening later this year).
- Soneva Kiri in Thailand, by far the best luxury resort in all of Asia (read my review here).
I have to warn you though that once you have lived a holiday at a Soneva resort, all your other trips will pale in comparison. However, there is good news (at least for the lucky few) since Soneva offers private villas for sale so you can make the brand part of your lifestyle. These villas are fantasy properties in fantasy settings and ownership includes the following benefits:
- 20% off of all Soneva resort services including treatments taken at the Six Senses Spa, diving and leisure services, and from any of our food and beverage outlets.
- 20% off on all flight transfers (round trip) to/from Malé (or Bangkok if vacationing at Soneva Kiri).
- Income sharing in a Villa Rental Program, enabling you to earn a return on investment.
- Possessing the only residences available to foreigners in the Maldives.
- Special “Soneva Villa Owner” benefits at all Soneva Resorts.
- Exchangeability of owner’s days within all Soneva Resorts, subject to availability.
The Maldives 1190 coral islands barely break the surface of the Indian Ocean along the Equator in an archipelago of 26 atolls. Located in the pristine Baa Atoll – a UNESCO’s marine conservation heritage site about sixty nautical miles northwest of the capital Male – Soneva Fushi’s home of Kunfunadho Island is one of the Maldives’ largest, being just under 1.5km (0,9 mi) long and 0,5 km (0,3 mi) wide. Everything about Soneva Fushi feels right, the exotic palm trees, the verdant jungle, the pristine reef, the dolphins at sunset, the impossibly white sand and the crystal clear water. For the first time in Maldavian history, you can stake a claim on your own corner of paradise by owning one of only a handful of Private Residences that are currently being built on the island. Residential villas and their plots sprawl up to 8,000 square meters, each with uninterrupted views over their own stretch of private beach out to the picture perfect horizon. These magnificent homes are built with the owner’s utmost privacy in mind, so you won’t have to worry about the neighbors.
- Website: Soneva Fushi Residences
- Accolades: Soneva Fushi features in my lists of the top 10 best luxury resorts in the Maldives and the best family hotels in the world.
- Review: click here to read my review of Soneva Fushi.
- Contact: contact me to get more information on the Soneva Fushi Residences.
Remote yet accessible by a 90 minute flight from Bangkok on the resort’s private plane, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand’s 4th largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. One of the most exclusive beach resorts in the world, Soneva Kiri offers an unrivalled combination of luxury, environmentally friendly design and unforgettable, authenticThai experiences. Here, the Soneva group has built spectacular private residences alongside the resort to fully live the Soneva Kiri dream. Incredible luxury villas from two to six bedrooms, 600 to 1800 square meters (6500 to 20000 ft), come with stunning beach, bayview of cliff views, as well as world renowned service levels. Built in Soneva’s iconic eco-style, with light, open, airy and spacious interiors, these residences offer barefoot luxury at its best.
- Website: Soneva Kiri Residences
- Accolades: Soneva Kiri features in my top 10 lists of the most insanely beautiful hotels in Thailand, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, the world’s most outrageous hotel experiences, the best private plunge pools in the world, the world’s most beautiful hotel beaches, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best family hotels, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Review: click here to read my review of Soneva Kiri.
- Contact: contact me to get more information on the Soneva Kiri Residences.