Today (March 23, 2015): Top 10 most spectacular outdoor hotel rooms in the world.
An outdoor hotel room is a novelty that you probably would not want to stay in. But that’s not the case at one of these amazing hotel rooms which are all superb choices for that luxurious and romantic vacation that you have been dreaming about! So, be amazed, pack your bags and check out the 10 most amazing outdoor hotel suites in the world!
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite outdoor hotel room in the comments section, or take my poll below!
Explore Kenya’s wilderness by camel, river raft or mountain bike, and then fall asleep beneath a canopy of stars at Loisaba. Popular with honeymooners, Loisaba’s two sets of ‘star beds‘ are completely exposed to the elements, standing on an elevated, open-air platform in the middle of the 60,000-acre private wilderness reserve.
- Hotel website: Loisaba
Nothing prepares you for the view of the forested Piton mountains rand blue Caribbean from your room at St Lucia’s Ladera. The hotel’s 32 suites are constructed of tropical hardwoods, stone and tile, and all have a private (heated or non-heated) plunge pool and an open wall, allowing fresh breezes from the forested hilltops and spectacular panoramic views.
- Hotel website: Ladera
- Other top 10 acccolades: Ladera also features in my top 10 lists of the most spectacular cliff-side hotel in the world and restaurants with views that match the food.
- Review: click here to read my review of Ladera.
And we stay in beautiful St Lucia for the next hotel on our list. Exceptional infinity pool suites make Jade Mountain one of the Caribbean’s most mesmerizing resort experiences, especially for honeymooners. With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountain’s 29 suites (called “sanctuaries”) are stage-like settings from which to embrace the full glory of the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea.
- Hotel website: Jade Mountain
- Other top 10 acccolades: Jade Mountain also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with the best views, the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools, the most luxurious resorts in the Caribbean and the world’s best luxury hotels.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check in, and late check out).
- Review: click here to read my review of Jade Mountain.
Los Cabos’ most famous and luxurious hotel is known for unparalleled service, exquisite accommodations and unwavering attention to detail. Each of the penthouse suites has a wide terrace where a king-size bed has been set up. Guests can begin their evening admiring the night sky from their outdoor bed and end it in the other bed inside, or just stay on the terrace to watch the sunrise.
- Hotel website: Las Ventanas Al Paraiso
- Other top 10 acccolades: Las Ventanas Al Paraiso also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels loved by celebrities.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD spa credit).
A gorgeous bay on the Bodrum Peninsula is home to hillside Amanruya, a tranquil resort that is run by Amanresorts, widely acclaimed as the world’s most exclusive ultra-luxury hotel chain. Guests in the Terrace Cottage category of room, that comes with a private garden and grey-green marble pool, make the most of the night-time heat by sleeping in its pergola.
- Hotel website: Amanruya
- Other top 10 acccolades: Amanruya also features in my top 10 list of the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one lunch for 2).
- Review: to read my review of Amanruya, click here.
High on a vine-lined hilltop in Lombardy, L’Albereta Relais & Chateaux is an ivy-masked villa with more classic Italian glamour than a Fellini film. Hit a switch in the Cabriolet Suite and the roof opens up to let the Brescian sun warm your king-size bed below. The suite also has a balcony facing Lake Iseo.
- Hotel website: L’Albereta
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, welcome cocktail, fruit basket in room on arrival, and a complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room).
Imagine sleeping in a luxury king-size bed in the middle of a game reserve, surrounded by the calls of nocturnal animals, with nothing between you and the brilliant stars of the Kalahari night sky. This dream can become reality at Tswalu Kalahari’s sleepout deck, called ‘The Malori’, a luxurious terrace built high above the ground to ensure protection from the occasional wild animal.
- Hotel website: Tswalu Kalahari
Nkwichi Lodge offers a rare chance to savour an unspoilt corner of real Africa in one of the continent’s most pristine and untouched countries, Mozambique. Set on a deserted, virgin beach surrounded by breathtaking baobabs, or on a private rock island close to the shore with Fish Eagles soaring overhead, its ‘Lake of Stars’ bed is the perfect way to see the wonders of an African night-sky.
- Hotel website: Nkwichi
Another Amanresort made it into our top 10 list. Tucked into a protected desert valley with sweeping views towards Utah’s Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, this resort boasts no less than six open-roof suites. Each is shielded from the wind by three walls and provides an unmatched view on the vast desert sky. These suites also have a pool, for those who enjoy midnight swims.
- Hotel website: Amangiri
- Other top 10 acccolades: Amangiri also features in my top 10 list of the world’s most beautiful hotel swimming pools, the world’s most luxurious desert retreats, the world’s best luxury hotels, the best luxury hotels in the USA, and hotel rooms with the best views.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, a 30 minute scalp massage or neck/shoulder massage, and a toiletry kit with Amangiri’s signature sage shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body wash).
For the ultimate African Bushveld experience in lavish comfort, we recommend you to stay at one of the ultraluxurious treehouses within the private Lion Sands wildlife reserve. Guests are led to the treehouse at sunset, where drinks and a sumptuous picnic dinner await them, and are then free to enjoy a night under the stars to truly experience nocturnal Africa in its rawest form.
- Hotel website: Ivory Lodge Lion Sands
- Other top 10 acccolades: Ivory Lodge Lion Sands also features in my top 10 lists of the most luxurious safari lodges in Africa, the world’s best luxury hotels, and the world’s best honeymoon resorts.
- Review: read here my review of Ivory Lodge’s sister property, River Lodge Lion Sands.