Today (October 10, 2014): Travel Tip: 10 reasons why I love Jetsetter to book luxury hotels & save money.
Disclosure of interests: this post is not commissioned and solely based on our own experience.
I previously published my tips for getting the cheapest room at a luxury hotel and save money. And it is no secret that Jetsetter is one of my favorite websites to book luxury hotels with incredible savings (my other favorites are Hotels.com and the direct hotel websites using a Best Rate Guarantee). Here are 10 reasons why I love Jetsetter to book my holidays (and why I advise you to do the same if you want to travel the world in style without breaking your wallet):
- Jetsetter offers a selection of hotels, homes and tours at up to 40 percent off the usual price. These deals (so-called ‘flash sales’) are available for a limited time only (between five and ten days).
- The Jetsetter Verified stamp means that one of Jetsetter’s correspondents – over 200 journalists from the world’s top travel publications – has stayed at the property and confirmed it meets Jetsetter’s high standards. They test the things we all care about when we book hotels: the bed, the shower pressure, the concierge’s local knowledge, the cocktails.
- Jetsetter is a invitation-only community of travelers that provides insider access, expert knowledge and exclusive deals on the world’s greatest vacations. However, “invitation only” simply means that you have to submit your email address to be allowed into the community (which is free!) and to get access to the great deals. Since April 2013, Jetsetter has been a part of the TripAdvisor family of travel sites.
- Jetsetter has some awesome mobile apps (which are in fact much better than its website). The free iPhone and iPad apps allow you to experience all of Jetsetter’s products on the go, destination features (like the interactive New York Hood by Hood guide), 360-degree photography, multi-lingual directions and tip sharing capabilities.
- The iPhone and iPad exclusive content “Jetsetter Now” allows you to book same-night hotel stays for up to 60% off.
- Similar to my blog, Jetsetter also tries to inspire you. Their Jetsetter Magazine is jam-packed with travel articles, itineraries, photography and interviews to help you choose the right destination and plan what to do when you get there.
- When you invite a friend (by clicking on the Invite Friends link at the top right corner of page and enter their email addresses), Jetsetter will post a credit into your account when your friend makes their first purchase.
- You can purchase a gift card for someone else (more info here).
- You can use the “Hold” feature to reserve inventory for the days you want by paying 10% of the trip price. This will give you an additional 72 hours, even after the sale ends, to decide whether or not to book. If you make a purchase, the 10% is automatically applied to your travel. If you decide not to purchase, the 10% is refunded in the form of a Jetsetter credit that will never expire.
- The portfolio of luxury hotels offered on Jetsetter is impressive and includes top properties such as the Alila Villa Uluwatu (Bali, Indonesia), Banyan Tree Samui (Thaland) and Park Hyatt Siem Reap (Cambodia), which rank amongst the very best hotels in the world and can be booked with huge discounts during flash sales.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT JETSETTER
- Jetsetter has a no-cancellation/modification policy. All rooms are prepaid in advance and non-refundable.
- The discounts rates offered during flash sales are very impressive, but sometimes, the same discounts can also be found when following my tips for getting the cheapest room at a luxury hotel.
Reviews of hotel that I booked through Jetsetter with (huge) discounts:
- Hotel review: Park Hyatt Siem Reap (Cambodia)
- Hotel review: Alila Villas Soori (Bali, Indonesia)
- Hotel review: Banyan Tree Samui (Thailand)
Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for Monday when I reveal a new top 10 travel list.