Today: Soneva Fushi will host two exceptional festivals in the Maldives
Soneva Fushi, the famous ‘Robinson Crusoe’ style hideaway in the Maldives and one of my favorite resorts in the world, will host two exceptional festivals in the coming months, one catering to literature aficionados and the other one to wellness enthusiasts:
- JLF Soneva Fushi (May 12-21, 2023): following the dazzling celebration that took place on the shores of Soneva Fushi in 2022, Soneva has once again joined forces with Teamwork Arts, producer of the iconic Jaipur Literature Festival, to launch the second edition of JLF Soneva Fushi. A truly bespoke experience, JLF Soneva Fushi is a rare opportunity to reconnect with the joys of live performances of art, music and literature on the idyllic island of Kunfunadhoo in the beautiful Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- SOUL Wellness festival (September 29-October 8): over the course of ten days and two weekends, the intimate festival will invite guests from across the world to explore wellness in all its. Each weekend, the festival will include a diverse program of panel discussions with globally acclaimed health and wellness leaders, interspersed with group yoga and meditation classes, healing rituals, live music performances and barefoot gala celebrations on the sand. Weekdays will focus on a more immersive wellbeing journey for guests, with intimate, experiential workshops each day, and one-on-one consultations with world-renowned wellness specialists.
Soneva Fushi is located in the Baa Atoll, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and a diver’s paradise. The island – which is 1,400 m (4,600 ft) long and 400 m (1300 ft) wide – ranks among the largest islands in the Maldives. Apart from the crystal clear waters, white beaches and tropical climate, the island’s unusually rich vegetation offers a unique natural experience. Massive, multi-bedroom, fairytale-like luxury villas and private residences are hidden among dense tropical foliage. In keeping with the castaway theme, many are built to resemble tree houses. All open to their own private stretch of sugar white sands, and most boast their own private seawater swimming pools. In summer 2020, Soneva Fushi also unveiled eight fabulous water retreats, which are the largest and most luxurious overwater villas in the world. Read my review of Soneva Fushi here or watch my YouTube video below.
Below is some more information about the two festivals.
The ‘Greatest Literary Show on Earth’ will return to the Maldives in 2023. Held across 10 days and two weekends, JLF Soneva Fushi’s festival program invites guests to engage with literature, along with stimulating debates, dialogue and free speech. Each weekend, the program will be dedicated to flagship events, including keynote addresses, gala dinners on the sand, live music performances, and film screenings at Cinema Paradiso. You can access the full program of JLF Soneva Fushi here and the full list of speakers here.
What makes JLF Soneva Fushi so special is the intimacy of the festival. Everyone is barefoot, around the small island of Khunfunadoo. With venues being outdoors, conversations, ideas and opinions do flow naturally, and the mind feels open to imagination. An experience like no other, guests and renowned authors dance together at night, enjoy sunset dolphin watching cruises, and converse about sustainability and the beauty of nature. Like-minded people are invited to connect at JLF Soneva Fushi, taking a step back from their busy life to press pause and reflect on historical stories, the present and the future of the arts. Guests are also invited to experience all the unique activities offered at Soneva Fushi.
- Website: JLF Soneva Fushi
- Offer: stay at Soneva Fushi from USD 6,500 for three nights in a one-bedroom villa, with full board dining and domestic transfers. Every stay includes unlimited access to JLF Soneva’s Fushi’s vibrant program. Early Bird savings on all bookings made before May 10, 2023.
Immerse yourself in a world of wellness at the first-ever SOUL festival. Set against Soneva Fushi’s stunning island backdrop, meet a thought-provoking line-up of global health and wellbeing leaders, luminaries and pioneers, and discover centuries of healing wisdom and the latest innovations in medicine and science through engaging workshops, talks and wellness sessions. The program will include the following features:
- Panel discussions: Each weekend, experience open dialogues and a 360-degree approach to wellness during interactive panels led by world-renowned experts and visionaries.
- Group wellness sessions: Start the day immersed in nature during sunrise yoga, breath work sessions, Qi gong, ecstatic dancing, fitness bootcamps and water sport activities.
- Immersive workshops: Learn, explore and create with experts on wellness, sustainability and more during interactive workshops throughout the week.
- One-on-one consultations: Expand your wellness journey with private consultations with world-renowned experts from across a spectrum of healing therapies and wellness practices.
- Gala dinners and special events: Sunset cocktails on the sand, dining under the stars and Soneva’s signature culinary journeys await guests attending SOUL.
- Live music performances: Enjoy live, barefoot music performances by international acts each weekend, set against the stunning backdrop of the Maldives’ Baa Atoll.
- Unwinding at Soneva Soul: Reconnect the mind, body and soul with transformative treatments and rejuvenating rituals by visiting experts at Soneva Soul.
A collaboration between Soneva and ORGANIC INDIA, SOUL is a life-enriching festival with a purpose, that offers a verdant space to move, eat, explore and be creative, while celebrating ancient healing traditions and modern innovations that benefit individuals, communities and the planet. You can access the full program & full list of experts of the Soul Wellness Festival here.
- Website: Soneva Soul
- Offer: Choose from a selection of three, five or ten-night packages and enjoy full access to the entire SOUL programme, daily full board dining, complimentary transfers and so much more. Starting at USD 6,900 per villa for two adults.
- Introduction to SOUL: 3-Night Package (for two), starting from USD 6,900 per villa, with SOUL festival inclusions.
- Immersion in SOUL: 5-Night Package (for two), starting from USD 11,900 per villa, with SOUL festival inclusions, jet lag recovery IV treatment, and one complimentary experience
- Deep Dive into SOUL: 10-Night Package (for two), starting from USD 24,400 per villa, with SOUL festival inclusions, jet lag recovery IV treatment, and three complimentary experiences.