I recently enjoyed an AMAZING holiday in the Maldives. You can read my trip reports here:
- Review: Emirates Boeing 777-300ER (new) Business Class Brussels to Dubai
- Review: Emirates Boeing 777-300ER (old) Business Class Dubai to Male
- Review: Maldives seaplane flight with Manta Air
- Review: Soneva Jani Chapter One
- Review: largest overwater villa in the Maldives (today)
- Review: Velaa Private Island
- Review: Soneva Fushi
- Review: Anantara Kihavah
- Review: Soneva Jani Chapter Two
- Review: Emirates Boeing 777-300ER (old) First Class Male to Dubai
- Review: Emirates Boeing 777-300ER (new) First Class Dubai to Brussels
Today: Review of the Maldives’ largest overwater villa
Located southwest of India, the Maldives is comprised of hundreds of tiny tropical featuring lush jungles, spectacular beaches, and ridiculously clear lagoons. Often considered the most luxurious travel destination on earth, the country is home to dozens of insanely beautiful luxury resorts, each one located on its own private island. The Maldives’ top hotels offer phenomenal villas, fine dining restaurants by Michelin starred chefs, world-class spas, and over-the-top excursions. On top of that, and to differentiate themselves from their competitors, several hotels in the Maldives have now added a new feature to their already impressive portfolio: an ultraluxe, one-of-a-kind multi-bedroom villa on their resort grounds, which is labeled as a residence, estate, or private island.
- The Four Seasons Private Island at Voavah
- The Private Island at the Waldorf Astoria
- The Private Island at Cheval Blanc Randleli
- The John Jacob Astor Estate at the St Regis Vommuli (which I reviewed here)
- The 9 bedroom Private Reserve at Soneva Fushi
- The Private Reserve at Gili Lankanfushi
Soneva Jani is no exception to this trend and also features a phenomenal villa which further strengthens its reputation as the Maldives’ most famous hotel: the 4 Bedroom Water Reserve with Slide. Located at the very end of the resort’s Chapter Two jetty and with a total floor surface of 1421 sq m (15296 sq ft), this spectacular residence is currently the largest overwater villa in the Maldives.
Here’s my video with full tour of the Water Reserve:
The Water Reserve is spread across two floors and comes with a private pool and a curved water slide delivering guests directly into the lagoon. The master bedroom is on the lower floor with an adjoining children’s sleeping area, master bathroom, dressing room, steam and shower, outdoor shower with a sunken bathtub and a sauna room. On the same floor is the dining area and open kitchen, living room with seating area and guest toilet. On the opposite side from the master bedroom is a second bedroom which has its own bathroom.
A wide outdoor deck with sunken seats, a hammock, outdoor shower and catamaran nets beside the pool are perfect for lounging, sunbathing, dining or just taking in the sunset. The remaining two bedrooms with bathrooms and dressing rooms are on the upper floor, along with the TV lounge, and gym. A wide balcony overlooks the swimming pool with vistas out across the ocean.
Guests staying in this Reserve can indulge with unlimited dining and drinks, experiences, spa treatments, a personal Barefoot Butler and more under Soneva Unlimited. All guests staying in any Soneva Jani Chapter Two villa can truly indulge through ‘Soneva Unlimited’ which is fully included in the villa price. With no fine print or exclusions, Chapter Two guests will experience every facet of Soneva Jani to their hearts’ desire, including unlimited signature experiences, diving and spa treatments (including treatments from visiting practitioners), access to Soneva Unlimited’s wine menu, and unlimited fine dining experiences, not to mention dinners with visiting Michelin-starred chefs. The Soneva Unlimited menu can be viewed here.