Friday newsletters always feature luxury travel contests, tips, series, or news.
Today (July 17, 2020): Travel tip: buy gift cards for luxury hotels with a bonus.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the travel industry is going through a terrible time. Many hotel brands are losing an incredible amount of money and are looking for alternative ways to generate revenue in the absence of guests. One way for them to do is is to sell gift cards or stay certificates with a nice bonus for future stays. Several of the world’s most luxurious hotel brands – including Aman and Six Senses – are joining this trend, and it may be worth to consider these promotions as a way to support the travel industry and to save a considerable amount of money on your future travel plans. Here’s my selection of the best offers.
Aman: 20% bonus on gift cards
Aman is the world’s most exclusive hotel brand. Gift cards for stay at Aman hotels can be purchased from now until 31 July 2020 will receive an additional 20% bonus. These gift cards can be purchased exclusively online here and redeemed at select Aman destinations in exchange for accommodation, dining experiences, spa therapies, retail, and an array of adventures and activities – whatever the recipient may desire. You simply select the preferred gift card value with any amount from $10 to $10,000 USD (it will be converted into the appropriate local currency on redemption).
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Gift cards are only valid at select Aman hotels and resorts worldwide: Amankora, Amansara, Aman Villas at Nusa Dua, Amandari, Amankila, Amanjiwo, Amanwana, Amanbagh, Aman-i-khas, Amantaka, Amangalla, Amanwella, Amanpulo, Amanpuri, and Amanjena.
- Gift cards are valid for three years from the date of issue
- The 20% additional value on gift cards can only be used for new reservations booked directly via https://amanresorts.pxf.io/c/3483921/1167978/14222, Aman contact centers, or made directly with Aman hotels
- Gift cards cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, negotiated benefit or agreement.
Six Senses: 20% bonus on certificates
IGH owned Six Senses, another one of my favorite hotel brands, is selling “Plan Now, Play Later Certificates”, which come with a 20% bonus. These certificates are valid at all Six Senses Hotels & Resorts and can be purchased until December 20, 2020. You can access this offer on the Six Senses website here.
The following terms & conditions apply:
- Resorts reserve the right to limit the amount of certificates sold.
- No blackout dates apply.
- The certificate is valid for three years from the date of issue.
- The certificate is non refundable.
- The certificate can be only be redeemed against new bookings (on room, board and on property incidentals operated internally).
- The certificate must be used at the resort of issue and cannot be transferred to another resort.
- Group bookings, contracted rates and discount specials are excluded from this offer.
- Taxes and services charge are excluded.
Explora: 50% bonus on vouchers
Explora, one of the most exclusive hotel brands in Latin America which manages a couple of awesome lodges, is running a “Buy Now, Explore Later” promotion. Through July 31, 2020, you get a $500 USD bonus voucher for every $1,000 USD voucher purchased. With your purchase, you will be supporting the livelihoods of local communities during this challenging period.
The following terms & conditions apply:
- These gift cards are valid for stays at all Explore destinations: Valle Sagrado in Peru, Uyuni in Bolivia, El Chaltén and Salta in Argentina or Torres del Paine, Atacama, and Easter Island in Chile.
- You can redeem them for check-outs through October 31, 2022
- You can change your booking date twice up to 7 days before your check-in, with a new staying date with check-out until October 31, 2022.
- You can use the balance remaining in your voucher in hotel services, including massages, premium wines, optional explorations, etc.
- Not valid for Christmas, New Year, Tapati, and Carnival holidays.
- Not valid for Torres del Paine and El Chaltén between November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
- Former Explora travelers will get a 5% discount on their bookings.
- Travelers combining destinations will get a 5% discount on their booking.
*** Follow me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Be the first to comment