Today (October 13, 2017): Travel tip: 11 websites to check before you fly.
Before you go the airport, I recommend you to check the following websites. They will make your flight and travel experience as flawless as possible, and provide you all the information you need in case you encounter unexpected problems (e.g. delayed flight, missed luggage).
Think I forgot one? Share your own website recommendations & tips in the comments section below.
- Check in online on your airline’s website, to avoid long queues and thus save time at the airport.
- Choose the best seat onboard with the help of Seatguru.
- Check whether your flight has a scheduled on time departure & arrival with Flightaware.
- Nervous flyers: have a look whether the flight will be bumpy with Turbulence Forecast.
- Inform yourself about the safety reputation of your airline on Airline Ratings.
- Avoid flying with one of the carriers listed on the European Union’s black list. The latter represents a list of (unsafe) airlines banned within the EU.
- Know your rights when your flight is delayed, cancelled or overbooked.
- Know your rights when your luggage is delayed or lost.
- Check the website of your departure airport and find out what to do. Spending time at the airport doesn’t need to be boring, as more and more airports start offering extensive shopping facilities, museums, and spas.
- With my packing checklist you will not forget an item in your luggage.
- Every country has its own rules for visitors of various nationalities. For detailed and up to date information that is relevant to your trip, I advise you to always check what travel documents and health precautions you need for your end destination.
Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for Monday when I reveal a new top 10 travel list.