Today (July 11, 2016): Top 10 best ultra luxury hotels in Bodrum.
Described as “the land of eternal blue’’ by Homer, Bodrum on the Turkish Riviera has been a playground of the European social set for years, because of its balmy weather, breathtaking Mediterranean landscapes, and significant archeological sites. Sparked by the recent opening of some ultra luxurious properties by some of the world’s most exclusive hotel brands, the Bodrum peninsula is now poised to become one of the world’s most fashionable and sought-after year-round getaways (on condition that the current turmoil and terror threat in other parts of the country disappear). I hereby present you my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels located along Bodrum’s pristine beaches, pine-covered mountains, and idyllic coves.
There is more information below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite Bodrum hotel in the comments section, or take my poll below!
Offering a distinct blend of traditional charm and contemporary comforts in Yalikavak, this beachfront hotel – which opened as a JW Marriott hotel last year but quickly changed management – is perched on a hill in one of the most beautiful bays against the glittering backdrop of Bodrum Peninsula. The spacious sea-view guest rooms including luxury suites and villas will greet the guests for an ultimate resort retreat. The hotel sits on its own private beach and boasts a dock for guests arriving by boat, an indoor pool, two outdoor pools including an Infinity Pool, a very modern SPA with 24 treatment rooms including a salt room, Kids Club and buggy service throughout the resort.
- Hotel website: Sirene Luxury Hotel Bodrum
The newly opened Swissotel Resort, Bodrum Beach lies directly on the waterfront in Turgutreis, approximately 20 km (12 mi) from the centre of Bodrum. The two-storey hotel of comprises 66 rooms and suites, with minimum 40 m² per room. This is further complimented by 72 serviced residences. The restaurants and bars are places of entertainment, where the ambience runs from formal to casual and dishes are prepared with the best local products. With indoor & outdoor pools and Purovel Spa & Sport facilities, the resort provides guests with a wide variety of sport and leisure opportunities.
- Hotel website: Swissotel Resort, Bodrum Beach
Perched on a hilltop overlooking the buzzing city, The Marmara Bodrum is a boutique retreat in a sublime setting. Spectacular views across the bay change throughout the day, as the sun makes its way across the horizon. As night falls, watch the yachts come home to the harbour and the twinkling lights of Bodrum spread across the peninsula. Behind its Mediterranean façade, the hotel features crisp, modern interiors dotted with works of art. Every room has its own terrace or balcony with stunning vistas over sea and city. The Marmara Bodrum provides a free shuttle service to Flamm Beach in Golturkbuku, which is a 15 minute ride away from the hotel.
- Hotel website: The Marmara Bodrum
Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, opened its doors in summer 2015 and enjoys a beachfront location on the outskirts of Bodrum, close to the historic Bodrum Windmills and Bodrum Castle. Beautifully appointed, the hotel’s 67 rooms, 9 suites, and the Caresse King Villa, offer excellent amenities, modern technology, signature Luxury Collection beds, private balcony or terrace and captivating views of the Aegean Sea. Luxury extends to a stylish blend of chic furnishings and tasteful bathrooms that epitomize the concept of lavish comfort. Don’t forget to visit the superb spa, a sanctuary of tranquillity nestled within the resort.
- Hotel website: Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
- Other accolades: Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotel in Turkey.
- Review: read here my review of Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa.
A rarefied mix of natural beauty and contemporary design, the Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort at Kaplankaya opened last week, emerging as a new, progressive destination on the Aegean coast. The wellness resort was meticulously designed by the world-renowned Barcelona-based architect Carlos Ferrater. Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort at Kaplankaya has a total of 141 rooms: 75 hotel rooms and suites as well as 66 exquisite enclave rooms and suites, all of which will have views of the Aegean Sea. The property integrates the signature wellness and lifestyle programming that has earned Canyon Ranch a famously loyal clientele worldwide.
- Hotel website: Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort at Kaplankaya
Nestled on the cliffs overlooking pristine Barbaros Bay, Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum is located on a private bay with a ‘blue-flagged’ private beach facing the magnificent Aegean Sea, offering its guests a unique and luxurious vacation. The hotel beckons travelers with its gorgeous white architecture, natural wood accents, and turquoise blue pools. The 149 rooms and 24 suites all have floor-to-ceiling windows with walk-out balconies or terraces that overlook the turquoise blue waters of the Gokova Gulf. The resort boasts a rich variety of restaurants, bars and also has a wonderful spa.
- Hotel website: Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay
- Other accolades: Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotel in Turkey.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities (upgrade, daily breakfast, 80 euro food & beverage credit, early check-in and late check-out) when you book your stay with Virtuoso.
- Review: read here my review of the Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay.
High up on the hillside of the magnificent Datça Peninsula, where the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas meet, you will find an exclusive resort that exceeds all expectations, about a 2 hour drive (or 25 minute helicopter ride) from Bodrum. With spectacular views, small islands, luscious pine forests, volcanic mountain ranges, crystal clear waters and five stunning natural private beaches, D-Hotel Maris welcomes you into a peaceful enclave of beauty, serenity and luxury. The hotel has 193 spacious, luxurious rooms, suites, a duplex Presidential Suite and an exclusive Villa, all of them specifically designed for the ultimate escape and relaxation, and most featuring a bathtub with breathtaking views.
- Hotel website: D-Hotel Maris
- Other accolades: D-Hotel Maris also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotel in Turkey.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (upgrade, daily breakfast, a 3 course dinner at Ruia, early check-in, and late check-out).
The Aegean region of Turkey is dotted with spectacular natural scenery, ancient pine forests and scalloped bays. One such bay on the Bodrum Peninsula is home to ultraluxurious Amanruya. Named after the Sanskrit word for peace, ‘aman’, and the Turkish word for dream, Amanruya belongs to the portfolio of Aman Resorts, one of the world’s most exclusive hotel brands. Inspired by traditional local architecture, Amanruya’s village layout features individual contemporary stone cottages, each with a private garden and marble swimming pool, and stunning views across the forests and coastline.
- Hotel website: Amanruya
- Other accolades: Amanruya also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools and the best luxury hotel in Turkey.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (room upgrade, daily breakfast, one lunch for two people, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: read here my review of Amanruya.
Set along the spectacular Bodrum coast with the Aegean Sea as its outlook, the exceptional The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts, formerly known as The Golden Savoy and the Jumeirah Bodrum, is nestled in the natural beauty of Zeytinlikahve Cove. With accommodation consisting exclusively of opulent suites and extravagant villas, a private beach and an array of the finest wining, dining and entertainment on offer, the resort is the ultimate paradise for connoisseurs of perfection, indulgence and superlative pleasure. The sumptuous decor may not suite everybody’s taste, but the facilities and views are unbeatable. Up until 2016, the resort was managed by the exclusive Jumeirah hotel group, which also owns Dubai’s iconic Burj Al Arab hotel, but now management is taken care of by Paramount Hotels & Resorts.
- Hotel website: The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts
- Other accolades: The Bodrum also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotel in Turkey.
- Review: read here my review of the The Bodrum (when it was still managed by Jumeirah).
With an idyllic location in Bodrum’s secluded Paradise Bay, two private beaches, a range of fabulous gourmet restaurants, a world-class spa and a choice of stylish rooms, suites and villas, this unique 6-star resort will seduce even the most discerning traveler and invite you to lie back, relax and savour the moment. The first beach resort of the Mandarin Oriental hotel group is so phenomenal that it makes the nicest 5 star resorts look like a cheap motel. It’s my preferred luxury hotel in the area because of its beautiful minimalist esthetics and gorgeous beach. If you are in need of a luxurious beach break around the Mediterranean basin, then stop looking as this is as exclusive a getaway as you can imagine!
- Hotel website: Mandarin Oriental Bodrum
- Other accolades: Mandarin Oriental Bodrum features in my lists of the hottest luxury hotel openings of 2014, the world’s top 10 best family hotels, the top 10 best luxury hotel in Turkey, and my most memorable travel experiences of 2015.
- Review: read here my review of the Mandarin Oriental Bodrum hotel.