Today (December 19, 2014): tips for healthy air travel.
Everyone wants to arrive at his/her destination feeling relaxed and refreshed! Regardless of whether you need to rejuvenate for your holiday or be effective at achieving your goals on a business trip, these simple tips will help you enjoy your journey while flying longhaul:
- Drink plenty of water. Rehydrate with water of juices frequently. Drink tea and coffee in moderation.
- Skip alcohol. Alcohol will dehydrate and bloat you. It could also cause you to miss your flight as airlines are not allowed to board passengers appearing to be intoxicated.
- Travel lightly. Carry only the essential item that you will need during your flight.
- Wear glasses. Cabin air is drier that normal, therefore swap your contact lenses for glasses.
- Use skin moisturizer. Apply a good quality moisturizer to ensure your skin doesn’t dry out.
- Strengthen your immune system. Eat right and exercise the day before you fly. Think fresh fruit and vegetables, less sugar, and whole grains. A healthy lifestyle may prevent you from catching your neighbors cold!
- Keep moving. Excercise your lower legs and calf muscles. This encourages blood flow.
- Make yourself comfortable. Loosen clothing, remove jacket and avoid anything pressing against your body.
- Sleep. Get a good nights rest the night before you fly. If not, flying will make you extremely tired. Add the stress you’ll probably be feeling and you have a recipe for exhaustion.
- Outsmart gems. Anyplace people are cooped up eating, sneezing, and touching stuff, things get dirty. Washing your hands or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer is the number-one way to avoid getting sick,
- Eat light. The rise in air pressure and stress during a flight can slow digestion, leaving you feeling inflated.
- Consider flying Business or First Class. Wellness and more comfort is guaranteed in the premium cabins. This does not have to cost you a fortune when you read my for finding the cheapest flight ticket.
Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for Monday when I reveal a new top 10 travel list.