Today (August 1, 2014): luxury travel deal, news, & competitions.
# LUXURY TRAVEL DEAL
- The website Luxury Link is one of our favorite websites to book luxury resorts: you can take part into auctions that are offered for some of the world’s most luxurious resorts (such as Soneva Kiri and One&Only Maldives to name a few) and enjoy serious discounts of up to 60%. If you win the auction (which is not difficult), you choose your preferred travel dates after the auction closes, which are then submitted to the hotel for confirmation and may require some date flexibility. Alternatively, you may also book a luxury vacation directly (at a higher cost). On top of that, Luxury Link now allows the use of additional discount coupon of 10% for your first booking before the end of August (use codes LL100 or LLINK10), resulting in incredible savings.
# LUXURY TRAVEL NEWS
- Today, August 1st, Hong Kong-grade luxury moves into the City of Light with the Peninsula’s Avenue Kléber Paris official opening (two years behind schedule). It is the first European property of the hotel brand, which is widely acclaimed as one of the most exclusive hotel brands in the world. Situated in a beautiful, century-old Beaux-Arts gem, just off the Champs-Elysées, the hotel has 200 guest rooms, all showcasing high-tech amenities such as bedside tablets that control the lights and temperature as well as allow guests to stream TV channels from around the world. The hotel also five dining outlets, including The Lobby, a Chinese restaurant and a rooftop eatery serving modern French cuisine.
- Last month, an ultra-luxurious resort opened, albeit in relative quietness: The Brando. Its is a unique luxury resort on French Polynesia’s breathtakingly beautiful private island of Tetiaroa – an atoll composed of a dozen small islands surrounding a sparkling lagoon 30 miles northeast of Tahiti. The Brando offers carefree luxury in the midst of pristine nature. With access to the island by private plane, the resort features 35 villas on white-sand beaches frequented by sea turtles, manta rays and exotic birds. The resort is designed to reflect Polynesian lifestyles and culture. It was in this natural wonderland that the legendary actor Marlon Brando settled down, and finally found his home.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts is in the process of acquiring Design Hotels AG. While it’s not officially a done deal yet, it got a whole lot closer this month with the majority vote approval received by Design Hotels’ Management Board. Berlin-based Design Hotels are proven masters of sales, marketing and PR to independent, design-oriented hotels with over 260 properties worldwide. Created by Founder and CEO Claus Sendlinger in 1993, Design Hotels always cared about and promoted design and knew that guests would eventually care about design in their choice of accommodation. They were unique and probably a first hotel marketing website to wholeheartedly honor the architects and designers of their member hotels. The Design Hotels portfolio includes luxurious properties like Alila Villas Uluwatu and Alila Villas Soori in Bali.
# LUXURY TRAVEL COMPETITIONS
Yesterday, we closed our Summer Blog Giveaway. The randomly chosen winner of 2 free upgrades with American Airlines is Vincent (we will get in touch with him). In autumn, we will launch another Blog Giveway of 2 free American Airlines upgrades, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, take part in other exclusive prizes & free holidays in our pick of the best luxury travel competitions on the internet. These competitions are weekly updated on the website as well. We hereby only list the competitions that were added last week:
- Win 4 nights for two at Fusion Maia in Vietnam, Asia’s first all-spa inclusive resort in Da Nang, Vietnam. Click here to enter the competition. Competition closing date: 25 August 2014.
- Iberia has a promotion called “Summer Flights”: just enter your Iberia Plus membership number on their web page (membership is free if you don’t have a number yet) and they promise 50 free Avios and you will also be in with a chance to win one of 600 flight tickets. Click here to enter the competition. Competition closing date: 31 August 2014.