TODAY: LUXURY TRAVEL NEWS, COMPETITIONS (WIN FREE TRIPS) & OFFERS.
1. Our pick of luxury travel news around the globe:
Click the title of the post (in red) for more information.
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts is unveiling its own-look Boeing 757 to transport its guests on its around-the-world group trips. The Toronto-based luxury-hotel chain says the airplane is the hotel industry’s first fully branded private jet. The customized interior of the leased jet will feature leather flatbed seats, plush carpeting and contemporary lavatories. It will offer global in-flight Wi-Fi and be staffed with chefs and an onboard concierge to plan spa treatments and tee times for its 52 passengers while en route. The Four Seasons Private Jet Experience comes to life through a variety of extraordinary itineraries that crisscross the globe and allow you to discover up to 10 international destinations on a single private jet journey. Prices start at $119,000 per person for double occupancy and $130,000 to travel solo.
Good news for oneworld frequent travelers: SriLankan Airlines joined the alliance on 1 May 2014. It is not just the flagcarrier of Sri Lanka, but also the largest international airline serving the Maldives and with a significant presence in southern India too. It has virtually doubled in size since peace returned to its home country and plans further substantial expansion to its fleet and network in the next few years. It now operates a fleet of more than 20 aircraft – including seven Airbus A320s, five A330-200s and six A340-300s, with an average age of nine years – and has orders for 10 new aircraft, including four A350-900s. As a welcome gift, most oneworld carriers offer double miles when you fly SriLankan Airlines the coming 2 to 3 months (don’t forget to subscribe to the promotion, which you can find on the home page of your oneworld carrier).
The delayed opening of the Shangri-La Shard hotel in Britain is to finally go ahead next week on May 6th (the hotel had been expected to open last spring). The 202-room hotel will occupy levels 34 to 52 in the tallest skyscraper of the European Union, the 1,000ft (305m) high The Shard in south London. This is the first Shangri-La hotel in Britain and only the third in Europe, after Paris and Istanbul. Subtle Asian touches in the lobby and lobby lounge will reflect Shangri-La’s heritage, while modern and classic art with pieces from a mix of acclaimed Asian and British artists will be showcased throughout public areas. The hotel will include three wining and dining venues and there will also be a gym and a pool as well as conference facilities.
Emirates, a global connector of people, places and economies today announced that it will launch a new daily service to Brussels, Belgium, from 5th September 2014. Hosting the European Commission, the European Council and over 120 other international organisations, Brussels is a key decision making centre. Home to thousands of international diplomats and civil servants, Emirates’ new service will add to the city’s global connectivity and contribute to further stimulating the country’s economic growth. Brussels will be Emirates’ 147th destination, closely following the launch of Oslo, Norway on September 2nd. The non-stop service will be operated by a Boeing 777 in a three-class configuration. Emirates will be the first international airline to offer a First Class product from Brussels to the Middle East and Asia offering customers an unrivalled travel experience.
2. Our pick of the best luxury hotel deals:
These deals are weekly updated on the website as well.
- Earn a complimentary fifth night when you stay at Viceroy Anguilla for a stay now through December 19, 2014. In addition, Viceroy also offers complimentary threads for bookings at its properties in Abu Dhabi, Palm Springs and Abu Dhabi.
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts offers savings at many of its resorts with a “Get Away, Get More” promotion, when you stay between June 15 and September 15.
- In celebration of their May 8th opening, the new Alila Jabar Akhdar in Oman, one of the most anticipated hotel openings in 2014, offers a special rate, called the Alila Rose package. Every 2-night stay at the brand new mountain resort will come with a welcome dinner and a guided tour to the famous rose terraces as well as a restorative rose bath for your indulgence. In addition, all guest bookings received before March 30th will enjoy a commemorative gift upon departure.
- From June 1st until October 31th (low season), a stay at the luxurious Amanyara resort (part of the Aman resorts portfolio; read our review here) in Turks & Caicos will come with the following inclusions: daily full-board (minimum 3 night stay), one complimentary night (5 night stay), and 2 complimentary massages per person (7 night stay).
- The Luxury Collection offers exclusive perks when you stay in a suite in their highly recommended top properties in Venice (Gritti Palace), Paris (Prince de Galles), Sevilla (Alfonso XIII) and The Hague (Hotel Des Indes).
- Banyan Tree offers complimentary nights & other perks at some of its most prestigious resorts.
- Spend 5 nights surrounded by turquoise waters and silver sands at One&Only Le Saint Géran in Mauritius, and receive 2 complimentary nights at their sister resort One&Only Royal Mirage in Dubai (travel between June 8th and September 2014). To make a reservation or to find out more, call resort reservations on +230 401 1888 or contact your preferred travel professional.
3. Our pick of the best luxury travel competitions on the internet:
These competitions are weekly updated on the website as well.
- Get a chance to win a Qatar Airways pajama simply by subscribing to our 3-weekly newsletter. Click here for more info.
- Win a 3 night stay at one of the Angsana Resorts. Click here to enter the photocompetition.
- Win a three-night stay in a suite at The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah in Bali with Conde Nast Johansens. Click here to enter the competition.
- For USA residents only: win a gateway to the British Virgin Islands with Budget Travel. The price includes round-trip airfare for two, a six-night stay in an ocean-front room at Long Bay Beach Club, breakfast and dinner dail. Click here to enter the competition.
- For USA residents only: the Teleflora “Deliver Bliss” contest offers a grand prize trip to Hawaii for five days and four nights. The trip includes roundtrip airfare, hotel, airport transfers and $600 to spend on a spa package, plus a year of free flowers. Several runners up will receive Teleflora flowers and Spa gift cards. Click here to enter the competition.
- Win a holiday to the Seychelles worth £4,000 with UK Conde Nast Traveller Magazine. The prize includes accommodation in a Junior Suite with breakfast at 5-star Constance Lemuria, return flights from Heathrow to Mahé courtesy of Seychelles Tourism Board and transfers. Click here to enter the competition.
- For USA residents only: Win a golf getaway to South Walton, where you and three friends will enjoy a two-night stay in two beautiful rooms provided by the Gulf-front WaterColor Inn & Resort. Click here to enter the competition.
- For UK residents only: win free airtickets to San Francisco for 2 and a 5 night stay at Le Meridien hotel with Conde Nast Traveller magazine. Click here to enter the competition.
- To celebrate their new partnership with Etihad Guest (the loyalty programme of Etihad Airways), Heathrow Awards is offering you the chance to win a five star trip to Abu Dhabi, courtesy of Etihad Guest and the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, and £500 worth of vouchers to spend at Heathrow before you leave. There’s also the chance to win one of four runner-up prizes of 25,000 Etihad Guest Miles each. Click here to enter the competition.
- Win all-expenses paid six-night luxury safari for two in Kenya with &Beyond. Click here to enter the Twitter competition.
- Win a luxurious two-night stay in a suite at any Shangri-La hotel or resort by submitting a travel article about an unforgettable journeys. You must be member of Shangri-La’s loyalty program Golden Circle (which is free). Click here to enter the competition.
- Subscribe to, or refer friends and family to join the Qatar Airways newsletter and you will get a chance to win 1 of 20 pairs of Economy Class tickets to a worldwide destination of your choice. Click here to enter the competition.
- For Southeast Asia residents only: win a 3 night stay with Travel & Leisure magazine at any Small Luxury Hotel of the World (SLH) property worldwide and an exquisite bed linen set from the Hotel Luxury Collection, simply by joining The Club of SLH. Click here to enter the competition.