Today (July 16, 2018): My 10 favorite Hyatt hotels in the world.
Hyatt is one of the world’s best hospitality brands. The company was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decades, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, grew the company into the industry-leading management and hotel ownership company as it is known today. Hyatt manages more than 500 hotels and resorts across 12 distinctive brands, each designed to deliver experiences attuned to the lifestyles, attitudes, values, and aspirations of the guests for whom it is designed: Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara & Ziva, Hyatt Residence club, Hyatt Centric, and the Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
Park Hyatt and Andaz are considered the group’s luxury brands and rank among my favorite hotel brands in the world. Located in major gateway cities and prime leisure travel destinations worldwide, Hyatt’s top hotels are a symbol of luxury, offering impeccable service, world-class spas and state-of-the-art guest rooms, all perfectly tailored to those who expect nothing but the best. Each one is designed to reflect the unique character of its locale – the chic of Paris, the exotic allure of Hawaii or the all-American style of Chicago. Park Hyatt hotels are especially known for their acclaimed art programs, sleek and minimalist interior design, and exceptional dining venues under the direction of celebrated chefs. Andaz properties are upscale lifestyle boutique-style hotels catering to a younger public.
Being fortunate to have stayed at many Hyatt hotels around the world, I hereby share with you my favorite 10 hotels of the group. Think I missed one? Share your favorite Hyatt hotel in the comments section, or take my poll below!
*** Read here my overview of Hyatt’s loyalty program World of Hyatt ***
The legendary five-star hotel Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is breathtaking inside and out, and the finest hotel in Buenos Aires. The hotel perfectly blends the 1930’s charm of the French Palacio Duhau with contemporary design, décor, and modern day comfort and amenities. Much of the hotel overlooks beautiful gardens that are like a secret green oasis in the centre of bustling Buenos Aires. The artistic nature of this city is reflected throughout the hotel and its guestrooms with works of art adorning many of the walls and the hotel even boasts its own art gallery for you to while away the hours. Offering standard and deluxe rooms or suites, outstanding restaurants, the atmospheric Oak Bar, the luxury Ahín Wellness & Spa as well as an art gallery, pool, Tango classes and fitness studio, there is very little you are left wanting for.
- Hotel website: Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Other accolades: Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best urban resorts and the best hotels in South America.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when you book this hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, wine and cheese tasting at Palacio Duhau Vinoteca, early check-in and late check-out.
- Review: read my review of Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires here.
Situated on the east coast of Mallorca, the Park Hyatt Mallorca overlooks the majestic Canyamel valley, offering views of the Balearic Sea and the town of Canyamel. Its design reflects the style of a traditional Mallorquin hilltop village with references of local art and cultural heritage. The first (and so far only) Park Hyatt resort in Europe, the hotel perfectly personifies an intimate haven within a vibrant, charming and culturally rich island. The hotel has 142 spacious and luxuriously appointed guest rooms, and 16 uniquely designed suites, brilliantly combing a blend of sophistication and upscale residential comfort with timeless regional accents. The hotel also offers a sophisticated dining experience centered around a village square, presenting a range of authentic cuisines catering to all tastes.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Mallorca
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Mallorca also features in my lists of the most anticipated hotel openings of 2016, the 10 best luxury hotels in Spain, and the 10 best hotels in the Balearic Islands.
- Tip: enjoy exclusive VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade on arrival, daily continental breakfast, $100 USD food & beverage credit, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Mallorca here.
Occupying floors 79 to 93 of the Shanghai World Financial Center, otherwise known as ‘The Vertical Complex City’, makes the Park Hyatt hotel one of the highest hotels in the world. Soaring above this metropolis, guests can take in sweeping views of the city skyline and Huangpu River from any of the 174 luxury rooms & suites, or enjoy a choice of some of the most known Shanghai restaurants such as 100 Century Avenue Restaurant featuring Western, Japanese and Chinese cuisines, and Dining Room, popular for its European specialties. The hotel is also home to a renowned spa, which features a beautiful indoor pool. Park Hyatt Shanghai is the city’s only international ’boutique hotel’, a one-of-a-kind property where the number of rooms has been limited specifically to ensure a level of service and attention to detail that is unequalled in the market
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Shanghai
- Other top 10 accolades: Park Hyatt Shanghai features in my top 10 lists of the world’s highest hotels, the best hotels in Shanghai, and the best luxury hotels in China.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Shanghai here.
Reflecting Tokyo’s contemporary urban culture, guests can expect a dazzling experience at this hotel. Located in a 52-story skyscraper, Andaz Tokyo offers 164 rooms, of which eight are specialty suites, and are all located on floors 47-50. Abundant natural materials are largely used for the décor, reflecting the traditional Japanese nature-oriented architectural style. The bathroom is a key feature of the room design, equipped with deep soaking tubs inspired by Japanese bath culture. From the tower’s apex on the topfloor, Andaz brings unprecedented rooftop flair to this city’s dining and entertainment scene, with breathtaking views from the rooftop bar and the city’s highest stand-alone wedding chapel. In true Andaz fashion, all non-alcoholic mini-bar drinks and locally inspired snacks are complimentary. I consider the Andaz Tokyo to be a better hotel than its more famous sibbling in town, the Park Hyatt Tokyo (which I reviewed here).
- Hotel website: Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
- Other accolades: Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills also features in my lists of the best new luxury hotels of 2014, the 10 best hotels in Tokyo, and the 10 best luxury hotels in Japan.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills here.
Park Hyatt’s flagship hotel in New York is located in the heart of midtown across from Carnegie Hall and a short stroll from Central Park. The hotel, designed by world-renowned, Pritzker Prize-winning architect Christian de Portzamparc as well as interior design firm Yabu Pushelberg, features 210 generously sized guest rooms including 92 suites. The state-of-the-art guest rooms are among the largest in the city, starting from 475 square feet (44 square meters). The room design is modern in its architectural bones, but with a slight nod to the past. The mix of furniture and furnishings suggests an eclectic and residential mood which transcends strict modernity. The Park Hyatt New York features a nice spa facility and indoor swimming pool in a three-story aerie at the top of the hotel, located on the 20th floor.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt New York
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt New York also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in New York and the world’s most stunning indoor hotel pools
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit; for bookings in Park Executive Suites and above, guests additionally receive round trip airport transfers).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt New York here.
Situated on a private island 55 km (35 mi) north of the Equator in one of the world’s deepest atolls, Park Hyatt Hadahaa has a strikingly modern and sleek decor. Featuring only 50 villas, the minimalist style interiors of the accommodations are designed with the utmost comfort and luxury in mind, whether nestled within the island’s tropical foliage (36 villas in total), only steps from the ocean, or elevated above the water (14 villas in total). All villas feature floor-to-ceiling windows, and every comfort you would expect, with some beach villas having the added luxury of a plunge pool (overwater villas don’t come with a private pool though). The resort is framed by one of the archipelago’s most unspoilt house reefs, providing easy access for exploration of the underwater marvels of the Indian Ocean.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in the Maldives, the world’s most remote luxury hotels, the best hotels in the Maldives for couples, and the best luxury hotels for amazing award redemptions.
- Tip: get free VIP perks when booking Park Hyatt Hadahaa via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa here.
Overlooking Am Hof square (the largest and oldest square in the inner city of Vienna), the Park Hyatt Vienna enjoys a terrific location within the First District of the city, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ultraluxurious property occupies a 100-year-old listed building that formerly served as the headquarters of a bank. The hotel’s 143 spacious guestrooms, including 35 suites, rank amongst the largest in the city, brilliantly combining contemporary style with local Viennese accents. With a world-class fine-dining venue and a gorgeous swimming pool located in the former bank’s vault, the Park Hyatt Vienna remains the Austrian capital’s best luxury hotel since its official opening in 2014.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Vienna
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Vienna features in my list of the best new luxury hotels of 2014 and the 10 most amazing city hotels in Europe.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade on arrival, daily full breakfast, $100 USD food credit, complimentary one-way private airport transfers to/from Vienna International Airport, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Vienna here.
Embracing its enviable location in one of the world’s most popular tourist destination, Park Hyatt Bangkok offers a refined and uniquely Thai experience, reflecting the country’s rich culture and legendary gracious hospitality. The hotel is housed within Central Embassy, a 37-floor complex that has become one of Bangkok’s most iconic modern landmark since its opening, both because of its futuristic architecture and its ultra-luxury lifestyle mall, which can be directly accessed from the hotel. A devoted team of hosts dedicates themselves to providing Park Hyatt’s world-class discreet and sincere service. Park Hyatt Bangkok houses 222 luxurious rooms, including 32 suites, featuring unobstructed views of the capital. The exceptional drinking and dining venues all provide a level of service and hospitality that will wow even the most discerning travelers.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Bangkok also features in my lists of the 10 best hotels in Bangkok and the best new hotels of 2017.
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Bangkok here.
Perched along crescent-shaped shores, Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort radiates luxury. From the moment you step into the airy lobby, you’ll feel like you’re a world away. Each one of the hotel’s 290 guest rooms and suites, and seven residential villas, blends the non-traditional Andaz style with the feel of a luxury resort community. Accommodations are enhanced at every turn, with modern touches like private lanais for admiring magnificent Hawaii sunsets, baths with ocean and garden view showers, and luxurious body products that invigorate both body and mind. The resort has two award-winning restaurants: you can share authentic island cuisine served family style at Ka’ana Kitchen, or embark on a distinct culinary adventure blending Western and Japanese traditions at Morimoto Maui, led by the acclaimed celebrity chef Masaharu Morimoto. Dip your toes in the sand, explore Hawaii’s vast wonders, or lounge poolside with your favorite drink at my favorite hotel in Hawaii.
- Hotel website: Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- Other accolades: Andaz Maui at Wailea also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Hawaii and the world’s most eco-friendly luxury hotels.
- Tip: get free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
- Review: read my review of Andaz Maui at Wailea here.
The Opera House is Sydney’s iconic symbol and no where can it be more appreciated then from Park Hyatt Sydney. Seated majestically on one of the world’s most beautiful harbors, the hotel perfectly personifies contemporary luxury with its coveted location between the Opera House and Harbor Bridge. Many return guests and celebrities prefer this hotel over others even though its location is not as central as some of its competitors. Reminiscent of an exclusive harborside residence, the hotel offers intimate surrounds with architecture, art and design that reflect the Australian landscape. Highlights include 155 spacious guestrooms and suites with contemporary interiors and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to private balconies; 24-hour butler service; and a day spa with stunning rooftop pool and sundeck. All meals are offered in the multilevel Harbor Kitchen, where window-walls open for optimal views of the Opera House and harbor activity.
- Hotel website: Park Hyatt Sydney
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most spectacular hotel rooftops, the best luxury hotels in Australia, the world’s best city hotels, and the most spectacular rooftop pools in the world, and hotels loved by celebrities.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (upgrade on arrival, daily continental breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of Park Hyatt Sydney here.