Today (June 8, 2018): Travel tip: enjoy discounts with a Maldives & Sri Lanka package
I am in the midst of publishing a series of trip reports about the Maldives and Sri Lanka, where I recently enjoyed a great holiday. Both countries can be easily combined in one itinerary since there are numerous direct flights – most of them operated by SriLankan Airlines – between Sri Lanka and the Maldives (with a flight time of around one hour).
Now may be a good time to experience the two jewels of the Indian Ocean, the Maldives and Sri Lanka, since the country’s top hotel brands – Soneva Resorts and Resplendent Ceylon – have joined forces to offer a combo package.
Resplendent Ceylon’s collection of small, luxury resorts offer the discerning traveller a sublime tour of Sri Lanka, experiencing 3 of the country’s best known attractions: sea, tea, and safari. You can immerse yourself in the local tea culture 1,250 m (4100 ft) above sea level in the world’s first tea bungalow resort – Ceylon Tea Trails – bordering the World Heritage Central Highlands. Cape Weligama’s sumptuous beach resort takes pride of place on soaring cliffs, with breathtaking panoramas along its storied coast. And then there are Sri Lanka’s majestic leopards at the Wild Coast Tented Lodge – a luxury camp on the edge of the Yala National Park where the jungle meets the Indian Ocean (and which I reviewed here).
After touring Sri Lanka, you can head across the Indian Ocean to the crystal clear waters and phenomenal beaches of the Maldives, exploring its rich marine life or simply unwinding away from it all at one of the Soneva resorts. You can take your pick of the island paradise that is Soneva Fushi (which I reviewed here), the overwater havens at Soneva Jani (which I reviewed here), or head into the open sea aboard Soneva In Aqua (which I reviewed here). This August might be a great moment to be in the Maldives since Chef Kenji Gyoten makes his return to Soneva Fushi. His restaurant in Fukuoka, Sushi Gyoten, has a six-month long waiting list – but why wait when you can sample his culinary craftsmanship at Soneva Fushi? Chef Gyoten is one of only a handful of chefs with three Michelin stars and the youngest three star chef in Japan. He will be at Soneva Fushi between August 18 – 29, 2018 and the sushi counter of the resort’s newest overwater dining venue – Out of the Blue – will be the stage upon which he will be using the hontegaeshi (hand flip) technique of Edomae nigiri to prepare his bite-sized morsels.
When you book your stay at a minimum of two resorts between Resplendent Ceylon Resorts and Soneva Resorts as part of the same trip, you will get several benefits:
- A 10% discount on all villa rates (except at Ceylon Tea Trails where the villa rates discount is 5%).
- One complimentary Soneva experience during your stay at Soneva Fushi and/or Soneva Jani : a cooking class; a private dinner; a father & son picnic and mother & daughter spa; or a cheese and red wine tasting with gourmet canapés, chocolates, ice cream and mocktails for the children.
- An upgrade at Soneva Fushi, based on availability at check in (Soneva ambassador benefit).
Terms & conditions apply to this offer:
- The offer is valid from 11 December 2017 – 17 December 2018.
- Blackout dates apply: 22 December 2017 – 10 January 2018; 1 – 28 February 2018; 24 March – 7 April 2018.
- The offer is valid for any number of nights in any room / villa category.
- The offer is applicable for new bookings only.
- The offer is subject to resort’s availability.
If you are interested in this combo package, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, after which I will introduce you to the reservation departments of Soneva and Resplendent Ceylon.
Stay tuned for Monday when I reveal a new top 10 travel list.