Today (April 20, 2018): Travel tip: Enjoy Soneva Fushi or Soneva Kiri with a 50% discount when you book the ‘Stay for Good’ offer.
IMHO, Soneva is one of the most exclusive hotel hotel brands in the world (with Aman being my other favorite). If you have a chance, try to stay at least once in your lifetime in one of the group’s fabulous resorts in Thailand or Maldives, since it will provide an exceptional memory for a lifetime.
Soneva was launched in 1995 by Sonu Shivdasani, an Indian-British hotelier, with the opening of the now world-famous Soneva Fushi resort on the deserted Maldivian island of Kunfunadhoo. He also built his house there, together with his wife Eva Malmstrom, a Swedish fashion model, who developed the design and furnishing of the unique resort. Soneva Fushi was the first ‘castaway’ resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. Sonu and Eva had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that’s exactly what happened and new resorts were added to Soneva’s portfolio in the Maldives and Thailand. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Sonu and Eva’s other hotel group, Six Senses Resorts & Spas, across South East Asia and Europe. In 2006, Soneva Fushi made a revenue of approximately US$ 20 million and by 2011, Six Senses was a $150–175 million international luxury spa and resort chain with 26 resorts and 41 spas. Under Eva’s and Sonu’s direction the Six Senses brand gained global fame before being sold in 2012.
Soneva currently operates 4 resorts:
- Soneva Jani, the Maldives’ most exclusive resort
- Soneva Fushi, the Maldives’ original hideaway
- Soneva in Aqua, the Maldives’ first floating villa
- Soneva Kiri, the most exclusive resort in Thailand
Now, for a limited time only, you have an exceptional chance to book a stay at Soneva Fushi (Maldives) or Soneva Kiri (Thailand) for half the price:
- Pay 3 nights + get 3 nights free at Soneva Kiri (Thailand)
- Pay 5 nights + get 5 nights free at Soneva Fushi (Maldives)
Scoring one of these exceptionally discounted rates does require some eco-commitment although that’s all part of the fun.
The Soneva group invites everyone to stay for half the price at Soneva Fushi or Soneva Kiri on condition that you actively support the group’s efforts to preserve the environment and enrich the community in the Maldives and Thailand. It’s your chance to be part of something meaningful as you work alongside Soneva’s marine biologists, tropical ecologist, horticulturists and community engagement managers to support local sustainability initiatives. Your eco-spirit will be rewarded by additional bonus nights. A tailored eco-program will be prepared for you for a few hours per day.
At Soneva Kiri (Thailand), the eco-program incorporates the following elements:
- Ecology: Assist the resident tropical ecologist to identify and log rare species of flora and fauna thriving in the tropical rainforest surrounding Soneva Kiri. Later, learn about cultivating tropical fruits and the secrets of tropical beekeeping and honey production. This is a real opportunity to get close to nature and learn more about the complexity of the rich ecosystem of this beautiful island.
- Waste to Wealth: Support the resort as it turns waste into wealth at Soneva Kiri. Guests will work in the Eco Centro facility, and support the staff as they produce biodiesel, charcoal, and water filtration initiatives. Learn how to compost food and garden waste, and how to make wastewater suitable for irrigation. Later, guests can shadow the landscaping manager and gardeners to assist with ploughing, weeding, sowing, picking, and delivering the fresh vegetables to the resort’s restaurants, ready for consumption.
- Community: Work on sustainable initiatives to support the local community on Koh Kood, which may include island and beach clean ups, reef and mangrove clean-ups, education initiatives and other community-oriented projects.
At Soneva Fushi (Maldives), the eco-program incorporates the following elements:
- Land: Assist horticulturists, mycologists, and gardeners in maintaining the vegetable gardens and learn how to grow your own vegetables. Deliver the vegetables to the resort’s restaurants and learn how to create a seed bank to ensure future sustainability of important crops. Help the staff to make sustainable bricks in the Eco Centro Waste to Wealth facility.
- Water: Snorkel with a marine biologists to help with turtle identification and coral rehabilitation. Spend time each morning clearing debris from the island that may have washed up, and help the resort staff to register the fish caught by the local fisherman. Participate in reef clean ups in the Baa Atoll to reduce marine debris and prevent injuries to marine life.
- Community: Work alongside the resort’s community engagement manager on established projects with nearby communities, which may include local swimming classes, composting projects, beach clean ups, and other education initiatives.
To book this exceptional offer, you can contact me (after which I will introduce you to my Soneva contact).
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Stay three nights at Soneva Kiri in any villa category and the next three nights will be complimentary in the same villa category if at least one guest in the villa participates in the full program.
- Stay five nights at Soneva Fushi in any villa category and the next five nights will be complimentary in the same villa category if at least one guest in the villa participates in the full program.
- The complimentary three nights are offered on a room only basis, and exclude F&B, transfers, and activities
- The offer is valid between the period 10 May – 28 September 2018 (Soneva Kiri) and in the periods 12 May – 12 June 2018, 21 June – 27 July 2018n and 1 – 30 September 2018 (Soneva Fushi).
- Additional taxes and service charges for the additional three nights’ accommodation will not be levied
- The bonus nights cannot be exchanged for cash or other equivalents, be transferred, or be taken during a different period
- The activities are mandatory and if not completed additional room charges will apply
- The offer cannot be combined with any other promotion
- The standard Soneva cancellation policy will be applicable
Soneva Fushi, the Maldives’ original desert island hideaway, is located in the stunnnig Baa Atoll island archipelago, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Massive, Robinson Crusoe-style, multi-bedroom luxury villas and private residences are hidden among dense tropical foliage. In keeping with the castaway theme, many are built to resemble tree houses. All open to their own private stretch of sugar white sands, and most boast their own private seawater swimming pools. Intuitive service is provided by Mr./Ms. Friday butlers who know what you want before you want it.
Contact me to get a complimentary room upgrade at Soneva Fushi.
- Hotel website: Soneva Fushi
- Top 10 accolades: Soneva Fuhi features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in the Maldives, the best family hotels in the world and the world’s most insanely beautiful hotel beaches.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Maldivian tapas on arrival, one lunch for two, original handcrafted arrival and departure mementos, shoreline beach dinner, private sunset sailing by Dhoni at Baa Atoll, and a cooking class for two).
- Review: read here my review of Soneva Fushi.
Welcome to my absolute favorite hotel in the world! Remote yet accessible by a 1,5 hour flight from Bangkok on the resort’s private plane, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand’s fourth largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. It has 29 spectacular private villas – amongst the largest in the world – that are built on hillsides blanketed with ancient rainforest and overlooking the turquoise waters. Guest are given their own buggy to get to the private and stunning, coconut palm shaded beach, where your toes will go into the powdery soft sand, and where you can stroll through the pristine waters with the ocean lapping at your calves. Be prepared for a phenomenal experience!
Contact me to get a complimentary room upgrade at Soneva Kiri.
- Hotel website: Soneva Kiri
- Top 10 accolades: Soneva Kiri features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most amazing beach resorts, the world’s most outrageous hotel experiences, the world’s most insanely beautiful hotel beaches, the best private plunge pools in the world, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s best family hotels, the best luxury hotels in Thailand, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Thai tapas on arrival, and a 30 minute spa treatment for two).
- Review: read here my review of Soneva Kiri.