Today (September 22, 2014): Top 10: most amazing hotel bathrooms in the world.
Hotel bathrooms have come a long way from being merely functional. According to a recent survey, the average American spends more time per year in the bathroom than on vacation, so it seems logical that some hotels have come up with luxurious ways to cater to very basic needs of their high-demanding clientele. I hereby present you my top 10 list of the most extraordinary hotel bathrooms in the world.
There is more information below the slide show. Think we missed one? Share your favorite hotel bathroom in the comments section, or take our poll at the bottom of the page!
The most iconic images associated with Montenegro are of the tiny islet named Sveti Stefan, dating back to the 15th century. Today, the island’s cluster of sturdy stone buildings together with Villa Miločer, comprises the idyllic beachside resort of Aman Sveti Stefan, managed by the world’s most exclusive hotel brand. The resort incorporates two kilometres of coastline and provides unparalleled access to the Bay of Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the island’s historic exterior remains largely unchanged, the resort’s interiors have been restored and updated to meet contemporary expectations. Expect to find 58 unique luxury lodgings, all coming with gorgeous bathrooms and with a myriad of views ranging from sea and rooftops to quaint courtyards and piazzas.
- Hotel website: Aman Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and one lunch for 2).
You can feel Hong Kong’s vibe reverberate through you as you journey from the Ritz Carlton Hotel’s ground floor entrance all the way to lobby on the 103rd floor. Seated atop the majestic International Commerce Centre (ICC), the seventh tallest builing in the world and the highest in Hong Kong, this stunning luxury hotel boasts incomparable views of Victoria Harbour and the glimmering skyline of neighbouring Hong Kong Island. Inside, soaring architectural elements encrusted with custom glass artwork echo the signature glamour of the city below. All 312 guest rooms have incredibly chic and plush bathrooms, with magnificent marble baths and some of them with mind-blowing panoramic vistas.
- Hotel website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, China
- Other top 10 accolades: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s highest hotels, the best luxury hotels in China, the best luxury hotels in Hong Kong, and hotel rooms with a spectacular view.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food credit).
- Review: to read my review of The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, click here.
Cradled at the heart of the original Garden of Eden, the island of Praslin, this relatively new resort (opened in 2012) is ringed by the sublime beauty of world’s most gorgeous white powdered sands, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. It is the ideal place to rediscover the luxury of spontaneity, infused with Seychellois spirit and traditional Raffles service. The resort features 86 villas including one and two-bedroom villa suites, each with private plunge pool, and outdoor pavilion. These private domiciles sit in Elysium-like surroundings, and are amongst the largest in the region. Bathrooms are particularly stunning, with a breathtaking ocean view an outdoor shower.
- Hotel website: Raffles Praslin, Seychelles
- Other top 10 accolades: Raffles Praslin also features in my top 10 of the best luxury resorts in the Seychelles.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, complimentary WiFi, and $100 USD resort credit).
- Review: to read my review of Raffles Praslin, Seychelles, click here.
Southern Ocean Lodge offers a unique and exclusive travel experience on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Floating atop a secluded cliff on a rugged stretch of coast, the lodge commands peerless views of the wild Southern Ocean and pristine surrounding wilderness. Come face-to-face with sea lions, kangaroos, and koalas at South Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island, called “Australia’s Galapagos” for its abundant wildlife. The lodge’s 21 eco-chic luxury suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows, sandblasted limestone floors, furnished outdoor terraces, and spectacular bathrooms with sunken lounges that are perfect for relaxing and soaking in the views.
- Hotel website: Southern Ocean Lodge
- Other top 10 accolades: Southern Ocean Lodge also features in my top 10 lists of the world’s most luxurious wilderness lodges, the best luxury hotels & lodges in Australia and the world’s most expensive hotels.
Gili Lankanfushi, formerly known as Soneva Gili, is located on the private island of Lankanfushi in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, is just a 20-minute speedboat ride from the International Airport at Malé, the capital of the Republic of Maldives. It is an intimate coral island in a sparkling lagoon, with jetties threading across the water out to 45 spacious villa accommodations. Each villa is designed with the utmost attention to detail, and built to be environmentally friendly. The spectacular bathrooms feature their own private water as an open-air walkway leading to a separate shower. Here, you can live right by the water’s edge.
- Hotel website: Gili Lankanfushi
- Other top 10 accolades: Gili Lankanfushi also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury resorts in the Maldives.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, Maldivian Tapas served with one glass of Champagne per person, a 30 minute spa treatment for two, $100 USD food & beverage credit, combined round-trip airport transfers, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: to read my review of Gili Lankanfushi, click here.
You should expect nothing but the best from Mr. Trump’s luxury hotel in lower Manhattan, situated where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village. Soaring above celebrated art galleries, restaurants, boutique shopping and nightlife, the Trump SoHo’s intimate yet dramatic two-story lobby combines rich and natural design elements inspired by the cobblestone streets and the history of the neighborhood. The 391 rooms are spread over 46 stories, with floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing remarkable views of Manhattan from the 20th floor up. The ultra-luxurious, marble-clad bathrooms feature oversized soaking tubs and some come with incredible skyline views.
- Hotel website: Trump Soho New York
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD spa credit).
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay sits on a dramatic bay that gives the feeling of an island, with impressive rock formations overlooking the East Vietnam Sea. White sand beach and towering mountains add to the sense of being intimately at one with nature. The 58 pool villas feature traditional Vietnamese architecture (think gleaming teak wood) and are built on a lush jungle-covered hill overlooking the white-sand beaches of the resort’s own secluded bay, which can only be accessed by boat. All villas feature plunge pools and come with gorgeous en-suite bathroom, with separate vanity areas, a hand-crafted wooden bath tub, and majestic views of the East Vietnam Sea.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Ninh Van Bay
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and a complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room).
Singita Boulders Lodge is set along the banks of the Sand River in Singita’s privately owned reserve within the Sabi Sand Reserve, adjacent to the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Spanning more than 45,000 acres, Singita Sabi Sand is renowned for high concentrations of big game and frequent leopard sightings. The lodge has 10 one-bedroom suites and 2 two-bedroom family suites, all with private pool, and is a celebration of the tranquillity, space, and light which flows throughout this incredibly vast area. Bathe in the gorgeous classic bathtub, while being inspired by the raw African beauty outside.
- Hotel website: Singita Boulders Lodge
- Other top 10 accolades: Singita Boulders Lodge also features in my top 10 list of Africa’s most luxurious safari lodges.
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is surrounded by sand-fringed islets on an outer coral reef that enclose a turquoise lagoon with majestic views of Mount Otemanu. Towering above this South Pacific coral island’s vast blue lagoon, its green volcanic cone is the vista from the deck of the over-the-water lodgings. With 121 thatch-roofed villas, the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora revels in its breathtakingly beautiful setting. The villas high-ceilinged living room features teak furniture and Polynesian artwork, but the reals stars are the marble bathroom with a lagoon-view glass panel set in the floor.
- Hotel website: Four Seasons Bora Bora
- Other top 10 accolades: Four Seasons Bora Bora also features in my top 10 lists of hotel rooms with a spectacular view, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, and the best luxury resorts in French Polynesia.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, $100 USD spa credit, and complimentary WiFi).
This is Europe’s most original luxury hotel and the apotheosis of eco chic, a place to pause and savour every moment, cradled by sea, dunes, and pine trees and washed by natural marine light. The boutique hotel is located about an hour north of Lisbon. The 14 uniquely designed rooms blend in designs of India and Morocco with modern minimalism to create beautiful colour schemes. The bathroom decors are brilliant, and our absolute favorite hotel bathrooms in the world. Each night, the hotel staff lit tens of candles, creating a very romantic and pleasant atmosphere. Wow!
- Hotel website: Areias Do Seixo
- Other top 10 accolades: Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel also features in my top list of the world’s most spectacular cliffside hotels.
- Review: to read my review of Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel, click here.